The Stroller Decision

I actually just looked all the details up...... looks like I'm going with Orlando! You can't go wrong! Especially if you get the insurance with it! The only downside is that you have to lug it around with you everywhere but at least we won't have to take the time to rent one each day when the park opens!

I actually just looked all the details up...... looks like I'm going with Orlando! You can't go wrong! Especially if you get the insurance with it! The only downside is that you have to lug it around with you everywhere but at least we won't have to take the time to rent one each day when the park opens!

Yes, I was going to recommend to definitely get the stroller insurance. When we did have a stroller we just left it in the trunk of the car. Those strollers are much nicer than the ones you rent at that park and much less expensive as well.

We rented a double stroller from Kingdom Strollers for our petite 7 & 9 year-old girls. Best money spent all week! Both walked, rode & napped. It was also handy for carrying all our "stuff". And no, of course the girls don't ride in a stroller otherwise. We gave them a choice and they chose to have a stroller along & actually thanked us for having it. I think it saved a few meltdowns in the hot weather.:yay:

Apple Scooters, which has a great reputation, has just started renting strollers. The strollers are brand new and they have a special running where you can rent a stroller for up to a week for FREE! You just have to pay $5 a day for insurance. It's an amazing deal! It even includes double strollers. I doubt there's a better deal anywhere else.

applestroller.com

We rented a city mini gt from Kingdom Strollers last May for our almost 6 year old and brought our city mini from home for our 2 year old. I'm so happy we did. Our 6 year old napped in it throughout the day and we didn't hear any whining about sore legs. Having 2 strollers meant we could leave one behind for shorter trips like AK and DTD.

I have an average size 8 year old and a 4 year old. Do you think the 8 year old would fit in a double stroller? I know he will get tired (and he is so slow). I just want to make sure he'll fit before we go with the double.

Teachin5th said:
I have an average size 8 year old and a 4 year old. Do you think the 8 year old would fit in a double stroller? I know he will get tired (and he is so slow). I just want to make sure he'll fit before we go with the double.

Yes def! Last year my boys were 7 and 5( and 8 months) the older 2 rode in the stroller alot when they got tired!! It made the week so much easier. They haven't used a stroller in years and I am so glad I decided to rent a double.
Btw- my then 7 year old is alot taller then average and he fit. Of course It looks a little silly but it was a life saver!

If you were on the fence about renting a stroller, what made you decide to rent one or not?

We had originally decided to rent one for our boys, but have since decided that the hassle might not be worth it.

Our boys are 4 and 6, and haven't ridden in a stroller in years.

I had the DS who hated being in a stroller even as a baby. He figured out how to wiggle out of the straps :scared1: We took him when he was a toddler and I carried him in a sling.

We took him and his older sis again when he was 5. He walked the whole time. Did we do it all no. But we knew at 5, he was not tall enough to do it all. What DD and Dad wanted to do, they did and DS and I sat down to rest. Did we do rope drop and stay all night, no. The parents are waaay too old ;):rotfl:
We all carried alittle bit in the park and we had more freedom to move in the parks. We were not hindered by a stroller.

My daughter is a tall 5 yr old, she wears size 7 clothes and she had plenty of room in the city mini double we rented from kingdom. If we didn't have the stroller every day wild have ended in meltdown nightmares! She gets tired easily and it was right for us..I think it's right for most people. It also gives you a ton of room for all of your stuff, all I ever carried was a camera on ne pocket, little wallet thing in other. I carry more going to the grocery store! I think a child up to 9 or so would fit, but I a,s ire of you contact a rental co or look the stroller up online you can see the dimensions. Also think about going to local baby store and having them sit in it? Best way to know

Yes def! Last year my boys were 7 and 5( and 8 months) the older 2 rode in the stroller alot when they got tired!! It made the week so much easier. They haven't used a stroller in years and I am so glad I decided to rent a double.
Btw- my then 7 year old is alot taller then average and he fit. Of course It looks a little silly but it was a life saver!

Thank you so much for the info! Did you just get the City Mini or something a little bigger?

I'm glad to hear about all these 7 and 8 year olds riding in strollers.... I was on the fence for my 7.5 yr old but he is small and skinny so I'm guessing he will fit! Thanks for all the great input!

We rented strollers in November for our DD 7.5 and DD 10! Hey, if they made them big enough and my DH was willing to push, even I would ride in one on our EPCOT days! :)

We will be taking or renting strollers until our son just won't fit in one. He is 5 now. He has not ridden in a stroller anywhere except disney in years. We explained to him how much more we could do by getting through the parks at mom and dad's pace instead of his pace and he was all about the stroller. He is able to have a little snack and drink without everyone having to stop. It is really more about convienience than ability to us.

abel0205, Which stroller did you rent? I'm wondering if I can get away with the Mini Double or if I need a bigger one. I would like it to be comfortable enough for my 8 year old to be able to fall asleep in, if necessary.

Kellykins1218 said:
Apple Scooters, which has a great reputation, has just started renting strollers. The strollers are brand new and they have a special running where you can rent a stroller for up to a week for FREE! You just have to pay $5 a day for insurance. It's an amazing deal! It even includes double strollers. I doubt there's a better deal anywhere else.

applestroller.com

Thank you so much for posting this. I really wanted to rent double stroller for our trip with the grandkids but with a cost of over $150 I wasn't sure. I just put in my reservation for Sept and the cost is $38! Awesome

I just rented a city double elite for my 8 & 5 year olds for our trip in April. Rented from Kingdom Strollers- seemed like this stroller was the best bet for taller children.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter