The story some of you have been waiting for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was browsing this morning for x-mas presents, wondering how many more DISERS came across the highlight of some of your Thanksgivings. I am impressed that it had such a turn over, if I has known I would have charged for your entertainment. The one thing that has me taken back is the amount of know it all's on this board. Maybe all of the "detectives" should read all of the posts that we have written from the first time we posted. As you will see we are far from story tellers. Just your typical Mom's busy with our everyday lives.Some of you are wasting valuable time with your thoughts ,you should consider novel writeing due to your insane imagainations. (FIGMENT WOULD BE PROUD!!!) I crack my self up sometimes. LOL I have not read all of the 301 posts, I have way too much to do with my life than bother with living on the computer as some of you do. It's also nice to know that in the small amount of time that I have been coming to these boards, I have really made a mark in the history of the DIS.

ALL, because I shared with you a true actual occurance of something that happened to someone!!!

I have had a chance to laugh at all of this only at the exspense of your ridicaule and stupidity. I have realized that if you can be hurtful and ignorant, why can't I. 90% of you would never do this face to face with anyone. It is due to the comfort of your key board and monitor that you talk so freely.

Enjoy this post I am sure you will tear it apart. Who knows maybe we can make it to 400!!

Hope some of you had a great holiday, the other ones were to busy on the computer to enjoy it!!!!

I have been in a situation were I have had an armful of items I needed to purchase when DD or DS needed to leave or just plain tried to walk out of the store. I just put the items on the counter, shelf or table. I would much rather the CM get upset with me for not putting my items back in the right area than think I walked out with them.

I am guilty of putting items I am going to purchase on the canopy of my rental stroller just so I can have my hands free to steer but I would never, never even think of putting them in a bag or basket on my stroller. That just looks like stealing to me.

I am sorry for your friend. I can understand that she may have been in a hurry. I feel badly that her family had to go through this at Disney. Best wishes.

Wow guys, some of you sound like the movie "Mean Girls"....I'm only on page 9 and have mixed feelings.

I accidentally "stole" a minnie mouse sipper cup last Sept. My DD2 took it off the shelf because it looked exactly like the one we bought for her the day before (the shakey-glittery one) I didn't notice it till wayyyyy in another land (even I after I did a quick once-over of my stroller and back basket) THE MINUTE I realized what "sticky fingers" did, I went directly back and paid for it and appologized profusely. She's only 2 and I could have rode some quick rides, but it was a "teaching moment" for my older kids as well as my toddler. The CM's (on mainstreet, forgot the store , though) were surprised and very nice.

It's hard to say what I'd do if my small child darted off to watch a parade. I would drop everything, grab my purse, and run after him. Leaving everything including my stroller.

I've got 4 kids, though, so I know to double check under the diaper bag or stroller hood and basket etc. Just a habit I do. A good one, because often I've found something!

To the OP and the unintentional thief...Alot of the replies have been ugly. Hang in there. I hope the court appearance goes well. It totally was a mistake, I believe. A "biggie"!

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Feelslikeadream said:
Some of you are wasting valuable time with your thoughts
My time, my decision what I do with it - but thank you very much for your concern.

Feelslikeadream said:
ALL, because I shared with you a true actual occurance of something that happened to someone!!!
You might wanna check that - your version doesn't quite jibe with MommaMouse's. See page six of this thread.

UtahMama said:
THE MINUTE I realized what "sticky fingers" did, I went directly back and paid for it and appologized profusely. She's only 2 and I could have rode some quick rides, but it was a "teaching moment" for my older kids as well as my toddler. The CM's (on mainstreet, forgot the store , though) were surprised and very nice.
See, that's the thing. You, and several other posters on this thread, have had similar experiences of finding yourselves with merchandise for which you hadn't paid - and simply returned to the store and resolved the issue. None of you were arrested - so it appears we're not getting the whole story. Makes me skeptical....

Feelslikeadream said:
I was browsing this morning for x-mas presents, wondering how many more DISERS came across the highlight of some of your Thanksgivings. I am impressed that it had such a turn over, if I has known I would have charged for your entertainment. The one thing that has me taken back is the amount of know it all's on this board. Maybe all of the "detectives" should read all of the posts that we have written from the first time we posted. As you will see we are far from story tellers. Just your typical Mom's busy with our everyday lives.Some of you are wasting valuable time with your thoughts ,you should consider novel writeing due to your insane imagainations. (FIGMENT WOULD BE PROUD!!!) I crack my self up sometimes. LOL I have not read all of the 301 posts, I have way too much to do with my life than bother with living on the computer as some of you do. It's also nice to know that in the small amount of time that I have been coming to these boards, I have really made a mark in the history of the DIS.

I have had a chance to laugh at all of this only at the exspense of your ridicaule and stupidity. I have realized that if you can be hurtful and ignorant, why can't I. 90% of you would never do this face to face with anyone. It is due to the comfort of your key board and monitor that you talk so freely.

Enjoy this post I am sure you will tear it apart. Who knows maybe we can make it to 400!!

Hope some of you had a great holiday, the other ones were to busy on the computer to enjoy it!!!!

well, you got what you wanted, 9 pages of discussion.

YOU KNEW WHEN YOU POSTED THIS THAT YOU WOULDN'T BE BELIEVED. so why did you bother in the first polace except to create controversy. was your vacation that horrible?

there are enough elements of "truth" that you've got half the people on this thread jumping to your defense. but too many notes play false.

hope you enjoyed stirrring the pot. :stir: :stir: :stir:

kaytieeldr said:
See, that's the thing. You, and several other posters on this thread, have had similar experiences of finding yourselves with merchandise for which you hadn't paid - and simply returned to the store and resolved the issue. None of you were arrested - so it appears we're not getting the whole story. Makes me skeptical....

Exactly. Disney is not going to have anyone arrested for a minor misunderstanding over a $5 mug. Either the DH gave them some serious attitude with threats or an actual physical altercation, OR the items were worth much more than $5, OR he had outstanding warrants on other issues.

I repeat, no one gets arrested and held on $5000 bail over a $5 mug.

Feelslikeadream said:

Wow, I could have sworn that not only did I have a great holiday, but I still enjoyed it even more by taking a couple of minutes during the 17 hours or so that I was awake to catch this particular thread. Then again, I was always pretty good at multitasking.

Feelslikeadream/MommasMouse...you really should exercise caution the next time you accuse people of being "know-it-alls" and then make illogical statements like the one above. You really come off bitter that way..... :rolleyes:

Has it been written the EXACT date when this happened?? If so, to please the masses, couldn't someone in the local area just get a copy of the records and scan them into this thread?? Wouldn't that settle it once and for all if it really happened??? :confused3

At this point I really don't know what to believe.. My kids have walked out of stores at WDW with items that weren't paid for yet and I just walked them back in to pay for them - we never had anyone come after us. Maybe we were just lucky? :confused3

Jill

Feelslikeadream said:

Hmmm...your story was not the same as what the person this supposedly happened to told.

Duckfan-in-Chicago said:
Hmmm...now maybe I'm starting to understand things a little bit better. It took a while.

Just across the AP (Adventureland Press) wires:

Mayor of Main Street is currently being questioned on a fake police scam. The scam involves a non-existent Orange County police department, a fake jail, and substantial bail.

A search of the Mayor's office found many counterfeit fast passes and thousands of 'limited edition' pins. Also obtained was a notebook that named names. The fallout could be huge as this story develops.

"I'm stunned. I campaigned to infinity and beyond for this guy, and he treats his constituents like playthings after he gets elected?", said a source close to the mayor who asked not to be identified. "And then to find out that a lot of this crap is happening right in front of my ride. Or maybe it isn't. I'm getting conflicting stories. I have to look at a map again. Where is Main Street?"

One person who's name was mentioned repeatedly in the notebook was asked if his involvement with the mayor had anything to do with his sudden rise to fame across the Magic Kingdom. "Nagga comment. Meega, nala kwishta!"

The mayor's previous spokesman and current supporter of Hildegaard in her bid to unseat him had this to say.

"It doesn't really surprise me. He often commented on the gullibility of the tourists, or 'marks' as he called them. I don't know how many times he said if you sent three guys down the center of main street with brooms, the people will stop and think it's parade time, and then it's easy pickings."

Hildegaard just held a press conference.

"If elected, the days of Pay-for-Play on Main Street USA are over."

When asked if that meant free admission to the Magic Kingdom, she was a bit taken back before adding, "Um....well, no."

The current election is a statistical dead heat, and neither candidate has currently given their position on crocs.

More as events unfold.

LMAO :rotfl2:

I have been lurking on this thread for a couple days now and I just had to say that this comment made my day!

And to the OP and her "friend", even if what you are saying is the truth (I doubt it, but what do I know?) YOUR family took disney merchandise without paying for it. If you shoplift the store always has the right to prosecute (I can't count how many times I have read the sign plastered all over different stores in this country "Shoplifting is a crime We Will Prosecute") This was not Disney's fault, it was YOURS. All I have learned from you "sob story" is not to break the law, something that I already knew.

JESW said:
Has it been written the EXACT date when this happened?? If so, to please the masses, couldn't someone in the local area just get a copy of the records and scan them into this thread?? Wouldn't that settle it once and for all if it really happened??? :confused3

At this point I really don't know what to believe.. My kids have walked out of stores at WDW with items that weren't paid for yet and I just walked them back in to pay for them - we never had anyone come after us. Maybe we were just lucky? :confused3

Jill

We don't know the exact date, much less the dates the OP or her alter ego were there. Some posts say 10/26-11/2, some say 11/1-11/9. So that's a 15-day time span when this event may have allegedly occurred. But we have already heard from the spouse of someone who works security at the MK and they say it never happened, so...

the whole point of the story was how Disney ruined the magic for the family by publically humiliating the father over the alleged shoplifting crime...you know, the "perp walk" down the parade route, etc.

it doesn't sound like Disney's style to embarass or humiliate. hey're usually very discreet. and coming from someone who's whining about her trip...

when my younger dd was 6 years old she got strep throat on the first day of our vacation, and we missed our breakfast in the castle. and two years later, I planned our first evening to include dinner in the Crystal Palace so that we'd be able to watch the fireworks, only to find they'd switched the shedule and there was a parade instead of fireworks that evening. so what? you go with the flow of things. should we all complain if an attraction is closed or a show cancelled?

incredible.

Duckfan-in-Chicago said:
Hmmm...now maybe I'm starting to understand things a little bit better. It took a while.

Just across the AP (Adventureland Press) wires:

Mayor of Main Street is currently being questioned on a fake police scam. The scam involves a non-existent Orange County police department, a fake jail, and substantial bail.

A search of the Mayor's office found many counterfeit fast passes and thousands of 'limited edition' pins. Also obtained was a notebook that named names. The fallout could be huge as this story develops.

"I'm stunned. I campaigned to infinity and beyond for this guy, and he treats his constituents like playthings after he gets elected?", said a source close to the mayor who asked not to be identified. "And then to find out that a lot of this crap is happening right in front of my ride. Or maybe it isn't. I'm getting conflicting stories. I have to look at a map again. Where is Main Street?"

One person who's name was mentioned repeatedly in the notebook was asked if his involvement with the mayor had anything to do with his sudden rise to fame across the Magic Kingdom. "Nagga comment. Meega, nala kwishta!"

The mayor's previous spokesman and current supporter of Hildegaard in her bid to unseat him had this to say.

"It doesn't really surprise me. He often commented on the gullibility of the tourists, or 'marks' as he called them. I don't know how many times he said if you sent three guys down the center of main street with brooms, the people will stop and think it's parade time, and then it's easy pickings."

Hildegaard just held a press conference.

"If elected, the days of Pay-for-Play on Main Street USA are over."

When asked if that meant free admission to the Magic Kingdom, she was a bit taken back before adding, "Um....well, no."

The current election is a statistical dead heat, and neither candidate has currently given their position on crocs.

More as events unfold.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

The #1 thing I learned from the entire 20-plus pages of posts was that Hildegard was out meeting in early November when I was there too, and I didn't see her!! :sad: I saw the Mayor, but I was not lucky enough to find Hildegard on that trip!

:teeth:

HugsForEeyore said:
You're right, there is a bigger story here! It appears the OP's family didn't see the Mayor of Main Street after all! They saw Hildegard, who is a woman running against the Mayor in the next election on Main Street! Hildegard does seem very competant to govern Main Street, but I do like the current Mayor Weaver a lot, though! :teeth:
Actually I think Scoop should run for Mayor. He would be a great Mayor.

SCOOP FOR MAYOR!

Devil Dog99 said:
Mommamouse: You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a DIS that has stories. And some of those stories have to be made up. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Katieelder? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom.
Oh, wow, I'm famous - thanks, Devil Dog!!! GREAT post, by the way!

I'll be signing autographs in the Orlando area in September 2007 - exact time/date/location to be announced. Be sure to print out this thread and bring it with you! :teeth:

Feelslikeadream said:
90% of you would never do this face to face with anyone. It is due to the comfort of your key board and monitor that you talk so freely.
Proud to be in the 10% minority!

Feelslikeadream said:
90% of you would never do this face to face with anyone. It is due to the comfort of your key board and monitor that you talk so freely.

You are probably right about this...

I know if I meet someone who starts telling "tall tales"...I usually just smile and walk away.

hiwaygal said:
You are probably right about this...

I know if I meet someone who starts telling "tall tales"...I usually just smile and walk away.

but then again, in real life the OP wouldn't be sharing this story with total strangers, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter