• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The story so far...

Wow the smell thing would of been priceless:rotfl2:,and If a 5yo can smell it you know its bad:rotfl:.

I love that! My DD had a colostomy and when she would pass gas into the bag it would fill up with air. The little boys thought it was hysterical because you had to open it (in privacy) to let the gas out of the bag. Lots of little boys dream to pass gas into a bag and get to open it somewhere! :lmao:

Thank you for the live report! It is very informative and helping me make some decisions for our trip. :)

It's good to hear that there are many of you that are currently here! I guess this shows the sheer size of this place - when groups of us are here, and never run into each other, or hit the same place at the same time. Just goes to show ya.....

Now, onto today's craziness......

While the wake-up call didn't come in time for us to hit anything at rope drop this morning, it did come early enough for the kids to show that they should have gotten more sleep last night...

grr, indeed.

Anyways, on our way out the door of our room at POP, we're ambushed by the in-laws. Oh well. We hit MK this AM...

...didja ever have the feeling that you were being followed?

I swear, they were following me wherever I went!

I'm talking about the troupe of singers on Main Street, USA that come with the horse-drawn trolley (...or as a co-worker of mine calls them: "The Clang-Clang Gang"). Every time we hit Main Street this morning..THERE THEY WERE......FOLLOWING ME! SINGING TO ME! WATCHING ME!!

(cue Twilight Zone music)

Anyways, this morning brought us enough time to hit Toontown Fair, and get some much-needed Princess time for me and my DD. The Fairies line was opened earlier, but wasn't too bad. Aurora, Cindy, and Belle were there, and looking as beautiful as ever. They were great with my DD...and Aurora and Belle even took a moment to speak with me as well! (first time).

(...brief moment of SWOON over Belle's beautiful eyes...I'm a sucker for eyes(sigh)...

..AHEM, anyways....)

DS finished Goofy's Barnstormer about the time we finished, and out the park we went...

...only to be backed into a corner by the Clang Clang Gang again!!! (AAAGH!)

We've got lunch ressies at Coral Reef. So, we hop the monorail to TTC, then switch to the Epcot monorail. Simple, right? Well...it took the in-laws a little bit to realize you actually have to SWITCH MONORAILS!!!

Anyways, Epcot was pretty busy at this point. But, Coral Reef was quite nice. My food was indeed good (I had the Lobster Salad), but DS' cheese pizza was kinda nasty. So, I shared with him....I didn't know he liked lobster.

The in-laws liked the view in Coral Reef so much that they wanted to see it from inside The Seas...and.......

..they heard THERE'S A RIDE IN THERE!!

They wouldn't listen to me that the ClamMobiles weren't a "ride", in the spirit of M:S or Soarin'. But....they did learn the hard way....
They were SO disappointed, that they wanted to leave the park. (SIGH)

By this time, it was time for our afternoon break. So, back to POP for a quick snooze.

After this, DD and I headed back to Epcot. The crowds started a bit heavy, but quickly dissipated. After Imagaination (I love Figment), we met up with the rest of the family, and WALKED ON the Green side of M:S. (The orange side had a 60 minute wait time). For those of you who have only been on the orange side, IMHO, the only difference is the absence of the G-forces. The turbulence was there for me, and made it less "weenie-ish" than I originally thought. So, don't think it's weak to go Green!

Next, we decide to have some relaxed exploring. We looked at some pins, and then went to Club Cool.

After much contemplation and imagination, I do think that if you have enough GIN and a touch of vermouth or lemon in it, BEVERLY could possibly taste good......(however, I doubt I can get it at home to test my theory)

From here to SSE (I like the new changes). After this, the crowds were both leaving the park and heading to World Showcase Lagoon for Illuminations. We made our egress, because everyone else in the family was having a taste for Earl of Sandwich at DTD. SO......

off we go on another ADVENTURE IN GETTING FROM ONE PLACE TO ANOTHER ON DISNEY PROPERTY!!!

We decide in a fit of "what the heck" to take the bus to SSR, then transfer to DTD. Yes, I now know that a bus back to POP would have been just as fast, but oh well. I also realized that we could have gotten off at a certain point at SSR, then WALKED to DTD.....but...it was our first time viewing SSR in person. Looks nice from the outside.

EARL wasn't too busy, and as usual, the sandwiches were good. It's one of my favorite places to eat in WDW. Capped off with a shake from Ghiradelli, and we were quite satiated...(not to mention almost sedated!)

SO, tonight, I'm back in the room, thinking about how I'm going to handle the morning (we have to check out, then back in, since we had to add the night of the 29th....plus we have to re-PACK for the trip home.....

....ooooooooooh, boy.

As so many others have said, thanks so much for the live report! I can hardly wait for the extended version!

Thanks for the updates! I love your sense of humor!

:) Michele <----- packing her anti-ClangClang Gang spray! hee!

ok, I'm now officially 24 hours into my WDW trip. Here's some quickies...

3 - Pop Century. Still ok. We're staying in the 80's section this time. A bit cool to swim (tried today earlier...felt great IN the pool...but turned into a Dan-sicle when I got OUT of the pool

Now come on Dan with information like this we REALLY need pictures!!!!!!

:rotfl: :lmao: :hippie:

Sunday morning
508am, EST
Gate 33
Orlando International Airport
Way Tired.
Kids driving me nuts.
They're way tired too.

I'm torn....
In a way, I don't want to go home
In another way, I can't wait to actually sleep in my own bed, without a kid's knees in my back.

But, oh.....yesterday.....where are my manners.....
let's talk about yesterday's events......

Yesterday started with me in the shower, ready for a split MK/Epcot day.

The family, however, had other plans.....and forgot to include me in them.

For some reason, the inlaws (remember them?) begged and pleaded for US to get a couple of the "build your own mr. potato head" sets for other family members. My first response to this, of course, is "you've had eight days, why couldn't YOU get them? We're kinda busy, ya know?" But, oh well.....

We actually get out to go to the buses for MK....AFTER rope drop (thanks to the inlaws.....the good news is that they left on DME shortly thereafter! YAAAAY!). On the way out, I noticed that while I did see many people departing and checking out this morning, there were more that stayed. And, it seemed that the entire existing population of the Pop Century went to Everything POP for breakfast.....I'd never seen it so crowded!

But, onto MK. With FastPasses, lines were manageable. Took the train around to the areas that we wanted to hit. For some reason, we ended up doing the Laugh Floor TWICE. Funny, of course.

For some reason, everyone else in my family thought "HEY, WE CAN GET THE POTATO HEADS AT PLACES OTHER THAN DTD AND AK!". So, their Quixotian quest began.....with me in tow, shaking my head, wondering why they don't just listen to me the first time........

....such is my life....

The best part about it, was that while I was trying to hide from the Clang-Clang Gang on Main St, DW had the nerve to come to me with surprise, saying "THEY DON'T HAVE IT HERE?!?!"

At this moment, the entirety of MK heard a huge SLAP. That was the result of my hand on my forehead.

By this point, it was lunchtime. I thought Cosmic Ray's would be a good idea, since we hadn't done it yet. While Ray's has a good layout for food selection, it makes for an awfully bad time when you're trying to find the rest of your party during a huge crowd, and trying to find a seat is next to impossible....

TIP: EAT AT RAY'S WAY LATE OR WAY EARLY DURING BUSY TIMES!

So....onto DTD? NO! Epcot? nope......DHS?!?!?! yessirree..... :headache:

By this time, the family is wanting to change our ressies from Le Cellier....
(insert another head smack)
At this point, I'm like "ok, fine, whatever". So, in keeping with the spirit of futility, I check DHS' TS restaurants for possible cancellations and availability....to no avail (just like I told them).

After a nice round in Star Tours (which quickly became DS' new favorite), we head for DTD......in yet another ADVENTURE IN GETTING FROM ONE PLACE TO ANOTHER ON DISNEY PROPERTY!!! This time, just for a goof, we take the bus to OKW, then the boat to DTD. Slow? You bet! Nice? sure. Good for people in a rush? ......uuuuummmmmmmmmmm-NO.

SO, the rest of the fam goes off to fulfill our extended-family-tater-issues, while I go check us in....to Planet Hollywood.

Before I go any further, we did PH last year, and enjoyed it. The food was better than expected, the server was helpful, and the ambience was fun.

This year, not so much at all.

First, when I walked in, the music was WAAAAAAY too loud. You couldn't talk to the waiters, much less hear yourself think. Plus it really doesn't help when little kids are dining in a place where a DJ is playing Snoop Dogg. Yes, they had the DJ from hell. Now, those of you that know me know that I've done my share of spinning, both vinyl and cd. This guy..... his mix of music was terrible, way un-friendly for families with small children. I didn't know that PH had turned into the new place where PI's dance club refugees went.
The food was mediocre, and pretty much thrown at us by indifferent waiters.

It would seem that PH has done a complete 180. I hereby DO NOT recommend it anymore. Perhaps if the dance-club-turned-restaurant is what they want, tell PH to get out, and turn it into "Radio Disney Diner", or something. This way, I wouldn't have to worry about my 5 year old son singing "SEXY SEXY SEXY" with the music, or my 9 yr old daughter wanting to be just like the Pussycat Dolls.......

of course, that's just me.....

anyways, we pretty much RAN out of PH, and hit the bus back to POP with 2 tired kiddos. We hit the bus to look in the skies, and see the tail end of Illuminations.......a sort of strange way to end our trip, indeed...

SO, after about 3 hours of sleep, and the bus ride with DME to the airport, I find myself here, typing to you. Like every WDW trip, I've certainly enjoyed myself. Of course, when I get home, I'll take all of these posts. and create a much larger, official TRIP REPORT.

I would love it if all of you would read it. It will be much more fun, a little more detailed, and be more entertaining and meaningful.

It will also come after I've had a bit more sleep.

But, for now, it's time to board. See ya......and thanks again, Mickey!

I've been checking out your daily posts; so sorry it's over. Posting not done in vain; lots of Dissers entertained including myself.:tinker:Sending pixie dust your way for no flight delays.

Hi Dan!!
I'm glad you did the Live report... I'll watch for the official TR, I can't wait to read it:goodvibes
You're really funny, I like your style.
My TG trip will also include inlaws... I'm anxious to hear the details:scared: of yours!!

Paula

Have a safe flight home Dan. Thanks for your live reports. I had a great time reading them.:thumbsup2

My trip with the inlaws starts in eight days.......should be a very illuminating experience for me.

I'm working on the completed trip report as we speak. The best part, is that it's gonna feature many of your comments too! You guys are great, and doing this report with all of you is a great reminder of why we go in the first place. Stay tuned!

Thanks for the reports, Dan! Great entertainment reading about your fun and hi-jinx. Makes us look forward to our trip in 25 days!!! Glad you had a safe trip.

ok, I'm now officially 24 hours into my WDW trip. Here's some quickies...

1 - the dining plan....there's GOT to be an easier way!!! (I remember during my honeymoon in 1994, we had the "food and fun plan", which seemed MUCH easier to deal with. Why can't this current plan be as easy?

2 - crowds. Getting worse. Can't convince family of this fact, however. : (

3 - Pop Century. Still ok. We're staying in the 80's section this time. A bit cool to swim (tried today earlier...felt great IN the pool...but turned into a Dan-sicle when I got OUT of the pool). It's kinda cool becoming slightly disoriented by walking up and down the Rubik's cube staircases.

4 - Epcot was ok today, DTD was busy, mostly because it was saturday night. Looking forward to a good day tomorrow..

...more to come...

Yea, that dining plan is a pain in the breadbasket. All of the menus now have less items to choose at all of the restaurants, and there are no more "high end" dishes as a direct result of these plans.

I'm working on the completed trip report as we speak. The best part, is that it's gonna feature many of your comments too! You guys are great, and doing this report with all of you is a great reminder of why we go in the first place. Stay tuned!

Hey Dan!!

Put a link on this thread when you start it... i don't want to accidentally miss it:goodvibes

Paula

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter