• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Story Behind Winter Summerland

Hippychickali

DIS Veteran
I found this neat little blurb about how Winter Summerland came to be. I hadn't heard this before and thought it was a neat explanation and wanted to share.

The story behind Winter Summerland's creation began when Santa was flying over Central Florida on Christmas Eve and discovered an area that was half snow and half sand (Blizzard Beach). Santa thought the area would be an ideal vacation destination for his hard working elves. One problem… half the elves preferred the snow while the other half desired the beach. To appease all the elves, Santa had golf courses designed for both climates.

Ali

Cool, hopefully one day I'll get the chance to go to the minigolf area (it is minigolf, right?)

Yes, it is minigolf. I really want to go too but there are so man other things that take priority in WDW....can't do everything.

Ali

I'm a minigolf freak... or was until I have a kid. Now everytime I go past a minigolf place I can only reminisce the good old times.

oh, I'm not good or anything, I just love minigolf.

psi (read: sigh)

Whereabout are you in Canada? Near my place there is an indoor minigolf with a black-lights. Unfortunately the place is rampant with teenagers. No real nice outdoor minigol in my area anymore (Markham/RichmondHill/Scarborough)

Well at least the seafood is relatively cheap.

Back to topic, how much is the admission to this minigolf and how do I get there from any of the resort (most likely the cheapest resorts such as AS-series resorts)

We visited Winter Summerland a couple of days ago. The Summer course was closed for refurbishment. The winter course was open but we didn't find it near as challenging as Fantasia Gardens.

If you have little kids, I would suggest going to Winter Summerland. But if you are looking for challenging courses, go to Fantasia Gardens. Much better courses in my opinion.

TTFN

:hourglass

I agree!! That one course there is a REAL challange!
And it would be nice if Disney would open some more MG courses. The "theming" possibilities are almost endless and goodness knows they have the land.
As an aside, I wonder --why did they choose Fantasia as the Theme at the one course?? My guess is that many adults (and most young kids) who play there haven't a clue as to what the individual "hole" themes are all about--.
Imagine tho a course (like Winter/Summer--"easy" and mostly for kids) with a different theme on each hole--Peter Pan, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, etc etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter