The Steakhouse - reviews

Hi, so the HB+ option is the 33euro set meal as shown in the photo a few posts back? Also as we will be using a HB+ we will get drinks aswell?

Thanks

Yes you will, although non-alcoholic.

We actually didn't think we would get the drinks as it didn't say they where included, but the server said the soft drinks where free.

We had the Chicago Menu and found the steak absolutely lovely, had the salad to start also which was nice. Finished off with Apple Pie, but knew I wouldn't like that part it was the yummy caramel I wanted.

FD

We ate here on Easter Sunday - the Sunday Brunch - for the first time and really enjoyed it.

There was loads of choice of food and it was all hot and well stocked. There seemed to be lots of people in just there for a meal (they didnt look dressed to be visiting the park) which is a good recomendation if they were locals.

We will definitely eat here again as its such good value

Ate here June 21st 2009 at 7:30pm

Had the Chicago Menu.

Me and DF had the Cappuccino Carrot Soup and DM and DUncle had the Ocean City Cassolette

I liked the soup and the muffin that went with it - light enough starter to be enjoyable - the tomato and herb muffin was yummy too
DM and DUncle seemed to like the Cassolette but I think both felt it was a bit strong as a starter. I did taste a little and it did taste nice but could understand why maybe they felt it a bit much for a starter

Me and DM ordered the Steak and DF and DUncle ordered the Curried Chicken

The steak was really good! I loved the light pepper sauce more than I thought I would and the fries were crisp - DM sadly had to leave as she was feeling tired from her antibiotics and bad back so she didnt eat her dinner. DF and DUncle liked the curry and the fact the curry itself came in a seperate pan so they could have as much as they wanted on their plate

For desert me and DF had Balieys Creme Brulee and DUncle had the Cherry Garcia

The Creme Brulee was very creamy and the Balieys was light - just enough there to be tasty rather than sickly sweet. The ice cream was usual Ben and Jerrys - which isnt a bad thing at all

At the end the waiter was kind enough to not charge us for mothers meal so we had another HB voucher

We ate here again on Sunday 2nd Aug - Sunday Brunch.

We had booked for 12.00 as it opened and were more or less the first people in so it was nice to see the buffet before it was 'attacked' by people.

There was a massive choice of starters including different salads,a whole variety of sea food, charcuterie, pate, etc etc. We helped ourselves and DD ended up getting some melon from the dessert buffet as her starter. I didnt have a lot as wanted to enjoy my main course and leave room for dessert but DH and DS piled their plates high.

For mains there were: 2 joints carved by the chef -- beef and lamb, massive lamb chops, tuna steaks, sausages, chicken nuggets, chips, gorgeous creamy dauphinoise potatoes, roasted vegetables, half jacket potatoes with goats cheese on, an omlette/scrambled egg concoction (presumably the veggie option)

The beef was delicious but very pink - the way I like it and the dauphinoise potatoes were so moreish

Desserts included a selection of cakes including a large one saying Steakhouse on the top - it just looked like a normal sponge cake but once it was cut you could see it was full of strawberries - DD said it was delicious. There was also my favourite- floating islands, chocolate, vanilla and coffee mousses, cheese and lots of fruit . There was a very strange one that myself and DS didnt know what it was but DD told it was a dragon fruit because she had learned about them in school - we didnt learn about things like that when I was at school - anyhow we got half of one between us to try - a bit tasteless to be honest,I certainly wouldnt buy one but nice to try.
There was no chocolate fountain this time but it didnt matter as there were so many other things.

We were given a glass of champagne as we walked in and helped ourselves to wine, juice, coke etc and there was a bottle of water on the table.

We were visited by Pluto, Minnie, Mr Smee and Goofy. Pluto spent ages with DD as it was very quiet when we first arrived and was walking round the restaurant with her and took her to dance by the piano.

We were entertained by the balloon man (DD got a flower) and pianist.

The staff were really attentive and friendly and the Manager seemed to be visiting every table to check things were ok. He came to us as we were eating our starter and explained where things were and that the chef would be bringing out meat to carve soon.

A brilliant meal which is well worth the money

Ate here during our Jan. trip, using our free HB+ dinner vouchers. In actual fact we chose from the menu that was less than the voucher's worth, main course and dessert for around 22 euros.
My sister and I both had the steak which came with chunky chips and rocket salad, DS had the curry from the same menu, niece had shepherd's pie from kids menu, which she refused to eat so swapped with my sister's steak, sis said it was delicious.
For dessert DS and I had the Cherry Garcia ice-cream and sis had the Creme Brullee.
We had Cappuccino's to finish, served with petit fours.
We had a little extra to pay on top for drinks, coffees and because DS had eaten from the adult menu, but it was very much worth it.

Thoroughly enjoyed the meal, one of the best I've had at DLP. The restaurant was was very busy, I watched about 100 business men troop from HNY from my window that evening and they were all in the Steakhouse, but service was good, not too slow and neither did we ever feel hurried.

I wouldn't hesitate to return here and it had one of the best menu options for the HB dining that we came across. :)

The Steakhouse – possibly the best meal of the trip but also the slowest service. We mentioned to our waitress that we had premium vouchers (apparently worth 44 Euros) and she said we had two choices:
1. Order off the Chicago Menu & pay nothing (Cost 33Euros)
2. Order a starter, main course, AND dessert and deduct the face value!
As we had no intention of eating 3 courses we decided that it wasn’t worth running back to the hotel to retrieve the vouchers (Which we’d forgotten!!) :rolleyes1 and instead opted to order what we wanted and use shareholder discount. As it was before 7 when we got there the set menus were cheaper – childrens were 7 Euros each! They had a burger, shepherds pie (not a success - her Dad ate it!) and baked cod. I took photos of the food, and I had a cocktail!
Disneylnd207.jpg

My New York Strip Steak
Disneylnd208.jpg

DH had Kobe Burger
Disneylnd209.jpg

My friend has the Rump Steak
Disneylnd210.jpg

We had two courses and were there for 2 hours – did I mention that the service was slow?!!

Dined here for Sunday Brunch on Sun 15th August.

We had a table booked for 1.15pm and on arrival we were shown to a lovely table, given a glass of champagne and thats were the nice bits ended!! The lady seating us just pointed in the food direction and said help yourself, but never said that we could help ourselves to any beverages so we just drunk the champagne and the bottled water put on our table.

We only saw 2 characters come out and that was Eyore and Tigger so we were a little miffed at that.

The food was certainly not what other people had mentioned on here previously, whether it was because we had a later sitting I don't know but the starters was a mozzeralla and tomato salad and a soup, the mains were dried slices of beef and lamb on a plate, there was no chef carving any joints and you could also choose from sausages, scambled eggs,curried salmon and rice. We think there was on offer Dauphoinse Potatoes and Chips but these had run out when we went up and there didn't look to be any more forthcoming!! There were no vegetables so we didn't actually have much on our main plates!

Desserts looked like the table had been attacked and not refilled, there were the remains of the steakhouse cake!, small cheesecakes, little pots of chocolate mousse and creme caramel and some sweets, oh and the cheese trolley!

Have to say we were not impressed and I probably wouldn't choose to go again for a Sunday burnch but I would like to try out there normal menu:)

We were a bit concerned about the enormous queue when we arrived at the Steakhouse on Wednesady 10th November 2010, when we explained we had a booking they told us to sit in the bar area. We were there for about ten minutes and staff all seemed very stressed. We were seated near the back, a very nice table and our lovely waiter was called Remy! Awesome.
Nice cocktails for me and mum
102_4301.jpg

I asked what the fish of the day was and Remy replied “Ponga”. He had no idea what this would be in English, but he said it was white fish and I thought it couldn’t go far wrong so I ordered that. It was really nice – I googled it later and apparently you should never eat Ponga in France as it’s a “dirty fish” (?!), but I enjoyed it and felt fine. Sister said her steak was even better than the one in Silver Spur, and mum had a Caesar salad (a generous one at that)
102_4303.jpg

102_4304.jpg

102_4302.jpg

For dessert I had a gorgeous apple tart, it was very light. Mum had a crème brulee and sister had a black and white sundae – thumbs up all round. We were too busy eating them to take photos - sorry! We were really impressed with the quality of the food, and the nice atmosphere in the Steakhouse. There was a live pianist playing contemporary tunes which we thought a nice touch, and a good buzz about the place.

We ate here for Sunday brunch on Sunday 20th March.

We had a 1pm reservation, and I have to say, we all really loved this, I thought it was the best food I've ever had at DLP, and the glass of champagne on arrival for the adults is a very nice touch indeed :love:. I noticed where we were seated we were kind of out of the loop as far as the characters were concerned, but once I'd brought this to the attention of our head waitress (we had 3 waiting staff in our section) this was swiftly rectified, and the girls got some great one-to-one with all the characters -

453.jpg

456.jpg

461.jpg

184.jpg

This would be my favourite meal at DLP to linger over - I could just imagine being in here for the whole 3 hours of the Sunday brunch, relaxing and enjoying all that yummy food (I don't think I'd be fit for much afterwards though, apart from possibly being rolled back to my hotel bed for a snooze :rotfl::rotfl:).

The choices were numerous and all of it was cooked very well, we were there until just after 2pm and there were still a few slices of Steakhouse spong cake left, plus lots of other yummy desserts.

There was brunch stuff like scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, plus lunch carvery meats, lots of fish/seafood choices, chicken breasts, dauphinoise potatoes, salads, and the usually choices for the kids (fish in breadcrumbs, chicken nuggets, smiley faces, chips etc).

Courtesy of irish disney fan
just an update on sunday brunch.. we booked this for sunday 17th, fathers day at 12.30. it was 34.99 per adult and 13.99 per child, adults included free aperitif and bottle of mineral water and kids could have one mineral/juice/water as well. i enjoyed the food and it was fresh and topped up regularly while there.i wouldn't do this meal for character interaction again though as there were only four-minnie, pluto, eeyore and tigger and only two out at a time! not great compared to character cookout where we saw a lot more and these were already characters we had met already so kids weren't overly impressed but we all did enjoy the food, especially desserts;).. and it was a nice change from burgers and chips.:)

I think the steakhouse must have changed their set menus as when we went the set menu only included one type of steak, sirloin.

We arrived at the Steakhouse a few minutes ahead of our reservation and found the restaurant only lightly occupied. The hostess confirmed our reservation and confirmed our birthday cake purchase (which was suppossed to be a surprise for my daughter Paris turning 9, oh well). We had requested a vanilla cake, and had confirmed that choice when we booked dinner with the concierge on our first night. However, we were informed that they only had chocolate cake? A bit of a surprise considering we had made our reservations days in advance and noted the vanilla cake at the time of our reservation. Oh well, chocolate is okay, just not my daughters favorite.

We were seated right away and our very friendly waiter came by to take our order. We ordered a childrens pasta for my son, a Jazz menu for myself and my daughter as we both like sirloin steak (it's a standard order at our Houston steakhouses) and my wife ordered the filet a la carte. She also asked if she could substitue a side Caesar salad for the green salad that came with her meal. The waiter said it's no problem.

The starters came out in short order and things were looking good for the steakhouse! Our caesar salads were very good and the pasta dish for my son was also very nice.

After a few minutes more, our main courses appeared and the disappointment began. Our sirloin steaks were embarassing. They were full of grissle and couldn't have been more than 1/4" (1cm) thick. Both were seasoned okay and cooked medium rare as ordered, but were very tough. Fortunately my wife's filet was much better as she was forced to share it with my daughter who could barely even chew her steak. I simply cannot understand how this restaurant can serve this level of steak for this price. It was appalling.

Fortunately, they won back some big ground when the birthday cake arrived (albeit chocolate not vanilla) and the whole restaurant started singing happy birthday. It was a great experience and something I'm sure Paris will remember fondly forever. The cake was quite good and we managed to eat 2/3 of it, each having 2 slices We felt bad that we couldn't finish it and offered some to the kids in the table next to ours, but they had already had dessert, so a big bit of cake went away uneaten

Although the sirloin was a disappointment, the birthday cake and song was a success and things were looking better, until we got the bill. My wife's substituted salad was charged at the full menu price of 10 Euro! That is the price for the full sized Chicken Caesar Salad appetizer. When I asked the waiter he brought the manager who explained that we had eaten the salad so we needed to pay for it. I guess I might sound like a cheapskate (though I'm far from it), but it's not the money that is the issue. There's just no reasonable justification for charging someone the full (and somewhat egrigous) price for a side salad that clearly wasn't the full menu item. IF they had brought out the full sized caesar salad appetizer with chicken I could see their point, but that's not what we received. UGH!

At this point I was frustrated and couldn't deal with it and decided that 10 Euros was not enough to worry about. That's when I noticed the charge for the birthday cake. Ugh, again asking the manager about the cake as we had pre-paid for the cake when we booked the hotel, and clarified it with the concierge who said there was nothing we needed to do about it, he would inform the restaurant about it. Well, turns out, the hotel should have printed and given me a voucher which I then turn-in to the restaurant. So, I had to pay for the cake, then return the next day with the voucher to get the credit back. Not difficult, but an inconvenience none the less.

Overall I would say that if you order a steak outside of the "menu" steak, there is a good chance that the meal will be quite good. My wife's filet was as good as any that we've had in Europe and the salad (while expensive) was very good. As we had the birthday cake, I can't comment on the desserts other than to say that they looked quite nice. However, if you order the "menu" steak, be ware that it is terrible. I would be embarrassed to serve such an item at such a price if I owned a restaurant.

Sunday Brunch is now 39.99€ adults with 1 glass of champagne and 16.99€ children with 1 glass of orange juice

- Picture to follow - :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter