the stack?

caseyk20

i love disney cruises!!!!
For the stack you have to be 14 right? My DD is 13 do you think they would let her in? TIA

The entire purpose of changing the minimum age for The Stack from 13 to 14 was guest (parent) concern that the spread of 13-18 was too great. 18 year olds who have not graduated from high school or are between high school and college are allowed to participate.

As a general rule, if a 13 year old is within one month of turning 14, they are allowed to move up. As a less general rule, if the parents fuss enough, they get their way.

My suggestion would be to allow your daughter to start in Ocean Quest. Hopefully she will enjoy the age appropriate programming and can appreciate the teen program on a future cruise. However, if she finds that the 11-13 group is not suitable, you have a good reason to request that she be moved up.

You might want to check past posts/youtube videos, etc. as to what goes on in The Stack with relatively little supervision. My DD as a teen found it not to her liking to the extent that she would typically leave with a friend or two and find a calmer place to hang out.

but all her friends will be 14 and almost 14 and she wont be do think they would let her in then?

Is she cruising with these friends who are and are also almost 14? Will they all be getting signed up together or sequentially? These are things that could make a difference. But they may get dropped down a group rather than moved up a group.

Ohhhh- I hope they let her in. I'm pretty sure the 14 year old would really like that.
What if the 14 year old was her "cousin"? ;)

joanne

I have the opposite problem. We are cruising on the Wonder where the teen group Aloft is 13-17 and I do not want my 13 yr old in there. I plan to put him in the Lab with his younger siblings. I can't imagine him hanging out with teens that old. But I do understand that your situation is different in that there are older friends along that she will want to be with. I was told by Disney and my TA that I should have no problem moving my son down a level. So I don't see why you would have trouble moving your dd up a level since she is within a year of being able to join that group anyhow. Hope it works out (for both of us).

I have the opposite problem. We are cruising on the Wonder where the teen group Aloft is 13-17 and I do not want my 13 yr old in there. I plan to put him in the Lab with his younger siblings. I can't imagine him hanging out with teens that old. But I do understand that your situation is different in that there are older friends along that she will want to be with. I was told by Disney and my TA that I should have no problem moving my son down a level. So I don't see why you would have trouble moving your dd up a level since she is within a year of being able to join that group anyhow. Hope it works out (for both of us).

this is my thing - when we go in July mine will be 12 & 14 (the 14YO's b-day is in June so he's just 14) so I'm hoping they can be in the OQ together. I really don't like the age spread for the Stack, I'm sorry but I don't think a 13 yo & 18 yo should be together. From all that I've read here I don't think it should be a problem them being together

Moving DOWN an age group is not a problem. THey will be happy to keep your 12 and 14 year olds together in the Ocean Quest or Out and About groups (Magic vs. Wonder).

To OP....if I understand, there is a 14, several "almost 14s" who are planning to try to get into the teen programming, and a just 13 who wants to be there. And some people are suggesting that teens be encouraged in lying to get what they want by saying that the other girls are cousins. It makes a lot more sense to move down the ONE girl who is not old enough for the 14-17+ programming rather than moving up several girls who are not 14.

Reality--they will probably let your 13 year old into The Stack, and the kids all know that many "too young" kids crash the program. That's why the teen area on the Dream will be coded access by KTTW card swipe. However, I repeat my advice--do your homework and be sure you WANT her there, especially at night. My DD at 16 and 17 felt that the heavy petting and dirty dancing that was occurring was way more than what she wanted to SEE, much less participate in and chose to leave the area with some like-minded friends.

It was a not a problem for my 12 year old son to move up to the Loft this past weekend while on the Wonder. The staff did ask why I wanted to move him up but when I explained that his 13 and 14 year old cousins were assigned to the Loft, it was not a problem. I do think that it helped that I waited until we were on board and took him up to meet the staff and to make our request before the Loft actually opened. When I asked about moving him up at the Guest Services Desk while on the boat, I was told that the decision is entirely up to the staff that is working the Loft and made on an individual basis. HTH!

My granddaughter did not like the teen club. She said the older groups were 'snobby' and only participated with the 13-14yr olds to see how far they could push them. Hence, she left - said it wasn't fun. At other times everyone was on computers - no interaction at all. Frankly, I would keep her back (probably encourage the 'almost 14's') the same

Ohhhh- I hope they let her in. I'm pretty sure the 14 year old would really like that.
What if the 14 year old was her "cousin"? ;)

joanne

This is kinda funny but its your 14 year old Sara thats friends with my 13 year old Katie. They could go in OQ.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter