The Spirit of Aloha Luau in September

BlondeAppetit

DIS Veteran
Okay. Okay. I know that it gets mixed reviews. However I really think our oldest daughter (6) would enjoy it. Earlier in the day we will have had a relaxing breakfast at Kona and then hit Blizzard Beach.

We will be staying Club Level at Poly so we can snack on apps in the evening.

Would you advise the 5:15pm or the 8pm?

5:15 - earlier with kids is nice but HOT and I imagine the fire show looks cooler in the dark too

8pm - baby will fall asleep in stroller but that is okay too. Is there room in Category One seating. Cooler than the earlier show. Fire show in the dark!!!! Our 6 year old can stay up that late. Baby...most likely not. She will be 2. She may prefer the songs, etc in the beginning anyways.

Thoughts??????

We went in Sept. and we went to the 8pm show. At the time my kiddos were 3, 4, and 6. The 3 year old fell asleep at the table but woke in time for the fire show which was really awesome. My other two kiddos were awake through the whole show and loved it. I personally think the fire show is neater at night.

The day we went we were at a water park too, the later show was nice because we all got to rest a little before the show and had plenty of time to shower and change and not have to rush around.

We went in Sept. and we went to the 8pm show. At the time my kiddos were 3, 4, and 6. The 3 year old fell asleep at the table but woke in time for the fire show which was really awesome. My other two kiddos were awake through the whole show and loved it. I personally think the fire show is neater at night.

The day we went we were at a water park too, the later show was nice because we all got to rest a little before the show and had plenty of time to shower and change and not have to rush around.

Thank you for your feedback. That is exactly what I was thinking too!

Old thread, I know. But did you end up going ?

We are going in September. I heard it rains a lot late afternoon/early evening so I'm thinking 8pm show will be better plus the night time gives it a better feel.

We also have a 6 year old daughter and think she will enjoy this. We are either going to AK that day (closes at 5 giving us time to go back to resort to rest- BC) or doing Blizzard Beach that day.

Excited since I did this when I was a child and loved it many many years ago!

We did this when our kids were young. It poured rain just as the show started. The tables are under cover and most of the stage is, but they have to modify what the performers do somewhat, since they can't use the uncovered spaces. We really enjoyed the show and the food. I kicked myself for not bringing our video camera.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter