• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Snow Queen is One of Disney's Next Hand-Drawn Films

I wouldn't be so sure. Princess & The Frog (while I really enjoyed the movie and the reviews seem positive) isn't looking too hot in the box office.

Friday, Opening Day it only made 7 million, so looks like it could flop.

Check out boxofficemojo for the numbers (I can't post links, too few posts).

The film isn't doing too bad considering the recession, the time of year (most students still in school, crunch time w/ finals), and the holidays not in full swing yet.
Considering Atlantis: The Lost Empire only earned $19m opening weekend when we were not in a recession, and all schools were off for summer vacation back in '01, I'd say we're on the right track. ;)

And once word gets around that PATF isn't another Home On The Range or Treasure Planet, but good Disney that we all love & miss...it should do just fine.

25 million isn't bad for a movie that should have legs throughout the holiday season. From what I was reading Disney wasn't expecting a huge splash it's opening weekend. With good reviews and good word of mouth it should be steady, much like what The Blind Side has done.

Ooh The Snow Queen sounds very interesting!! I'll be looking forward to this one! Thank you so much for posting! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter