(CLOSED) The Smoking DSA's @ Resorts Info Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I did it. We're staying at the 2 DVC resorts with the least DSA's in August:scared1:

Must be BLT and AKV. Hahaha. Those are the two we stayed at too. It was a challenge! That's why I'm back on here...trying to decide where ELSE to try next time. Parks were no problem for me but those two resorts made it really hard to have that 1st and last ones of the day!
:guilty:

Must be BLT and AKV. Hahaha. Those are the two we stayed at too. It was a challenge! That's why I'm back on here...trying to decide where ELSE to try next time. Parks were no problem for me but those two resorts made it really hard to have that 1st and last ones of the day!

Yes you guessed correctly but I LOVE AKV and the kids really want to try BLT. I requested close to elevator for both so we'll see.

Thinking on CSR for our next resort stay. Are there any dsa at any of the outside bar areas where you could snack and have a drink and chill ? What's the best building to request to be close to a nice dsa area kinda out of the way of other non smokers? What about pool areas any dsa areas at any of them?
Thank you in advance for any info.

We stayed there a few of Christmas's ago and I could swear I was allowed to smoke at the outside bar and seat areas around there. It was about 3 years ago so things could have changed. Most other areas were along the main path in front of the buildings.

I have maps.. somewhere in this house!:rotfl: but I do know when we did smoke (just quit this last Jan.) every trip more and more of the dsas were disappearing, and more and more benches in the dsas left were gone, too.

but we agree on one thing. giving smokers less places to smoke is back firing.

I don't like walking right past them now either (makes me want one!), but eliminating dsas is a bad idea.

sometimes Disney does learn. example: the dsa near the dancing fountain in epcot. it was so far back far away from the fountains or the walkway, no where near a door to mouse gears. anyone would have to make a pointto walk back into that area to get near it. so, disney took it away! :confused3
well, so many of us smokers just kept using it as a dsa anyway. we knew it should be one. not ususally a rule breaker, but we all knew we weren't bothering anyone by smoking way back there. so Disney brought it back!!!:banana:

This is one thing I do not understand. Disney wants people to smoke in certain areas but they keep moving them or taking them away. I remember a few that were out of the way, off the beaten path so to speak. They are now gone. All this will do is make people smoke where ever they feel like it out of frustration. I see it all the time, smokers hiding out, in out of the way areas because they can't find anywhere to go. How do I know? Because I do it sometimes. There were even a few walking around World Showcase smoking the last time we were there.
Most smokers have no problem smoking in DSA's, myself included. Just make them known and well marked for smokers and non-smokers a like. Nothing worse than getting stared down by a soccer mom as you are smoking in the proper area and you have to show them the smoking area signs for them to get off their high horse.

We stayed there a few of Christmas's ago and I could swear I was allowed to smoke at the outside bar and seat areas around there. It was about 3 years ago so things could have changed. Most other areas were along the main path in front of the buildings.

I usually stay at values - you used to be able to smoke at the outdoor bar, but that changed sometime between Nov. 2009 and Sept. 2011.

Smoking at the Dolphin is convenient. Ashtrays outside of almost every door. The best place I found was out the door near the giftshop, lots of benches and completely covered by a large canopy.

Yes, and yes it is a hike to get to a DSA from BLT. If I was a non smoker I would have liked BLT a lot better. OKW and SSR are a lot more smoker-friendly IMO. Sorry!

We are staying there (BLT) in May. I am thinking that I will request a room close to an elevator and hope I get it. Would that be the best place for me to request to have easier access to a DSA?

Does anyone know how the dsa's are at the Beach Club Villa's? We staying there this May, both my hubby and myself smoke, so I'm curious about the "smoking section". Thanks!!!

Well I did it. We're staying at the 2 DVC resorts with the least DSA's in August:scared1:

Yes you guessed correctly but I LOVE AKV and the kids really want to try BLT. I requested close to elevator for both so we'll see.

We are staying there (BLT) in May. I am thinking that I will request a room close to an elevator and hope I get it. Would that be the best place for me to request to have easier access to a DSA?

WYZE01...give me locations at AKV. Just decided last week, I'll be tagging along with DD and family during Spring Break...leave in 18 days! :eek: Have to get income tax info :scared1: to accountant before we leave so I won't have a whole lot of time to do research! My trips are usually planned a year in advance. :lmao:

As for BLT...I really didn't have a problem staying there but, yes, a room close to an elevator would be a good idea. I've posted BLT's DSA's here (go back a page or 2) and they weren't that bad. I kinda enjoyed the "time alone" away from the rest of the family. :rotfl2: Any help on AKV would be appreciated. :tink:

There are only 2 now. One on the way to the bus stop (little path to the right) one bench in the sun. The other on the path to the right as you come out the back entrance. Two benches on each side of the path; shaded

Hi there.
I was wondering if someone could tell me what the current law is around the disney parks as regards smoking.
Im using my Droid at the moment so i cant search back through the thread very quickly.

Thanks.

Hi there.
I was wondering if someone could tell me what the current law is around the disney parks as regards smoking.
Im using my Droid at the moment so i cant search back through the thread very quickly.

Thanks.

Smoking is only allowed at the Designated Smoking Areas

There are only 2 now. One on the way to the bus stop (little path to the right) one bench in the sun. The other on the path to the right as you come out the back entrance. Two benches on each side of the path; shaded

THANKS...hopefully we'll get a room close to the center but knowing DD she'll probably REQUEST a room on one of the ends! :rotfl2: :tink:

Can anyone please let me know where the dsa are for csr resort? Any in bar area or out of the way tables to sit and relax and have a drink and a smoke ? How close to the rooms are the dsa? And at cbr dsa still in the inside court yard areas by rooms? How about bar area any dsa at cbr? My husband and I are Planning a Oct. trip and I am stuck between those two resorts so any info. from you guys would be great! Thank you!!

Well we are here at the Polynesian at Fiji 2nd floor there is DS right outside on the outdoor landing. Just as an FYI.

My brother and I are taking my mom to Disneyland in March. We're considering staying at Paradise Pier. Our mother is a smoker and would require DSAs.

Are there DSAs at Disneyland and Paradise Pier? If so, where? Are they easy to get to?

I'm sure these questions have been answered somewhere within the 116 pages... I've read the past 10 and found stuff on WDW. I apologize if the answer was posted already and I missed it.

Hi there, sorry I just saw your post. Disneyland has several smoking areas in the parks (DL has one by the Matterhorn facing the autopia track, one by Thunder Mountain Railroad, and one on Rivers of America outside Haunted Mansion (which, incidentally, is also a great place to watch Fantasmic without waiting for a spot, if you don't mind the smoke.) As for Paradise Peir, the only one I used on our visit there last month is outside the main entrance, past the valet area. It has a couple benches and an ashcan. I much preferred the DSA's at the Disneyland Hotel (especially the one by the fire place!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter