(CLOSED) The Smoking DSA's @ Resorts Info Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will be at the poly in a few days. The map shows a third floor dsa on Tuvalu. Is this true? We requested Tuvalu for this reason.....

We will be at the poly in a few days. The map shows a third floor dsa on Tuvalu. Is this true? We requested Tuvalu for this reason.....

Also we paid for lagoon view if this helps to find us a location. Lastly my mom was thinking if we stay ground level she can just go out of the room via the patio and smoke. I told her no.

Has anyone stayed at BLT? It seems there are only 2 DSA's & kind of a hike to get to either one from the rooms.

Yes, and yes it is a hike to get to a DSA from BLT. If I was a non smoker I would have liked BLT a lot better. OKW and SSR are a lot more smoker-friendly IMO. Sorry!

I personally didn't think it was to bad; yes, it is a "hike" but I sorta enjoyed the time AWAY from DH, 2 DD's; son-in-law and 2 DGD's! :lmao:

At front entrance (which I think is a stupid place to put one :rotfl2:) guests walking back from MK cross right in front of this DSA:

IMG_5310.jpg

DSA is on other side of fountain in the back. I really liked this one...nice spot to watch the sunrise!:

IMG_5308.jpg
:tink:

Also we paid for lagoon view if this helps to find us a location. Lastly my mom was thinking if we stay ground level she can just go out of the room via the patio and smoke. I told her no.

My very favorite was Tokelau, ground floor :lovestruc. We had pool view of quiet pool...not classified as lagoon view...I think it was garden view. Our room was on the "front"~close to parking lot~but we had the 2nd room on the left after we entered. Literally the shortest walk I've ever had to a DSA since they changed the smoking policy. You are correct...no smoking on patios...must use DSA's.

232323232fp5363__nu3239_3_5_8_5_232_3_599644ot1lsi.jpg

Room patio view:

232323232fp53636_nu3239_3_5_8_7_232_3_59986ot1lsi.jpg
:tink:

Unless they have changed it within the last few months, Tuvalu does have a DSA at the end of the building on the marina side--third floor. There is also one (covered) at Figi on the 2nd floor. Another is located on the 2nd floor of Samoa--south side (covered) as well.

I personally didn't think it was to bad; yes, it is a "hike" but I sorta enjoyed the time AWAY from DH, 2 DD's; son-in-law and 2 DGD's! :lmao:

At front entrance (which I think is a stupid place to put one :rotfl2:) guests walking back from MK cross right in front of this DSA:

DSA is on other side of fountain in the back. I really liked this one...nice spot to watch the sunrise!:

Is there a DSA next to the hot tub still? There was one there right after it opened. Stupid place for a DSA IMO.

My very favorite was Tokelau, ground floor :lovestruc. We had pool view of quiet pool...not classified as lagoon view...I think it was garden view. Our room was on the "front"~close to parking lot~but we had the 2nd room on the left after we entered. Literally the shortest walk I've ever had to a DSA since they changed the smoking policy. You are correct...no smoking on patios...must use DSA's.

BTW - I love your DSA pics that you post - they come in very handy :thumbsup2

I am a total DisNewbie (hi, first post!). I have some mobility issues, but no wheelchair, etc.

What is the best resort to stay at for being able to smoke? I'm prepared and so is DH for the DSA's within the park, but paying so much for a room, I want to be comfortable, and that means being able to smoke without walking a mile lol

Did I interpret the acronym correctly, you can smoke on the decks at Fort Wilderness? Or.. ?

Thank you. Quickly discovering I need to find out which resort we want to stay at before I can plan any other aspect of the trip.

Is there a DSA next to the hot tub still? There was one there right after it opened. Stupid place for a DSA IMO.

BTW - I love your DSA pics that you post - they come in very handy :thumbsup2

You know...I'm not really sure about a DSA by the hot tub. My mind is "telling me" it's still there...was it next to or close to a gate? And then my mind is thinking...maybe that "picture" is from South Padre Island! :lmao: I'll go back through my photos and folders and see if I can answer the question for sure! :thumbsup2

And thanks on the picture posts...previous photos from various resorts sure did help me decide (1) where we wanted to stay and (2) what room location to request at check-in. I now make it a point to take DSA photos in hopes it will help other Disboard members! HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL! :tink:

I am a total DisNewbie (hi, first post!). I have some mobility issues, but no wheelchair, etc.

What is the best resort to stay at for being able to smoke? I'm prepared and so is DH for the DSA's within the park, but paying so much for a room, I want to be comfortable, and that means being able to smoke without walking a mile lol

Did I interpret the acronym correctly, you can smoke on the decks at Fort Wilderness? Or.. ?

Thank you. Quickly discovering I need to find out which resort we want to stay at before I can plan any other aspect of the trip.

:welcome: Be prepared to become "addicted" to Disboards! :rotfl2: Out of the resorts we've stayed at I'd have to say the Poly~Tokelau~would be the easiest. BUT...you'd have to be as lucky as we were and get room #1940! :rotfl2: I honestly think the CM checking us in that day felt sorry for me! :lmao: Long story made short...we arrived the day Hurricane Ike hit the Houston/Galveston area in '08. DH, as a public elected official, had to stay behind to be available in dealing with possible damage in our hometown; we had to change our flight from 1 PM to 7 AM to "get out" of Houston before they shut the airport down; we had to fly into Tampa instead of Orlando and rent a car; we'd (DD and her family) been up the entire night before dealing with all the changes...and we probably looked like "something the cat dragged in" when we arrived at the Poly! :lmao: I just told her, "Give me ANYTHING close to a DSA and I'll be happy" :rotfl2: and she issued me the room key to the best location we've ever had! This is a picture of DH when he finally arrived...3 days later:

232323232fp53633_nu3239_3_5_882_232_3_59736_7ot1lsi.jpg
:rotfl2:

Anyway...back to the topic...IMO Wilderness Lodge would be the hardest for you. I LOVE WL but with mobility problems it probably wouldn't be a good "fit" for you.

There is at least one value resort that I've read is very "smoker friendly" but right now I can't remember which one. If you read through this thread you'll be able to locate which one. Others speak very highly of it as far as DSA's.

Good luck in your planning and once again...welcome! :tink:

IMO Wilderness Lodge would be the hardest for you. I LOVE WL but with mobility problems it probably wouldn't be a good "fit" for you.

Did you mean Fort Wilderness, Goopysolelady? It is a pretty huge area, and although there are internal buses, there's plenty of walking to do there.

On the other hand, Wilderness Lodge is a pretty small resort. A room located near the lobby would probably be best for someone with mobility issues. From there, the DSA by the arcade is pretty close. The one out back by the pool bar would be more of a walk. The only way around that is to get a room near the lake, but then you're far from elevators. There is a stairway at the end of the hall, but for someone with mobility issues I imagine that's not a good choice. On the other hand, a first-floor inner courtyard room near Bay Lake would probably work well, as it would then be a relatively short walk to the pool bar DSA.

But of course you can never count on getting any such room, since they're just booking requests. You could just as easily end up on the 5th floor...

My brother and I are taking my mom to Disneyland in March. We're considering staying at Paradise Pier. Our mother is a smoker and would require DSAs.

Are there DSAs at Disneyland and Paradise Pier? If so, where? Are they easy to get to?

I'm sure these questions have been answered somewhere within the 116 pages... I've read the past 10 and found stuff on WDW. I apologize if the answer was posted already and I missed it.

Did you mean Fort Wilderness, Goopysolelady? It is a pretty huge area, and although there are internal buses, there's plenty of walking to do there.

On the other hand, Wilderness Lodge is a pretty small resort. A room located near the lobby would probably be best for someone with mobility issues. From there, the DSA by the arcade is pretty close. The one out back by the pool bar would be more of a walk. The only way around that is to get a room near the lake, but then you're far from elevators. There is a stairway at the end of the hall, but for someone with mobility issues I imagine that's not a good choice. On the other hand, a first-floor inner courtyard room near Bay Lake would probably work well, as it would then be a relatively short walk to the pool bar DSA.

But of course you can never count on getting any such room, since they're just booking requests. You could just as easily end up on the 5th floor...

No, not Fort Wilderness, Wilderness Lodge. My experience at WL has been long walks to the elevators from our assigned rooms no matter what floor we were on. I didn't mind the walks but those hallways get awfully long sometime! :rotfl2: We stayed at the Villas in 2009, which was wonderful. We were on the ground floor and after a short walk in the hallway, through the lobby area and was at a DSA. That was almost as "perfect" as our room in Tokelau at the Poly! :lovestruc :tink:

Old Key West or Saratoga Springs. There's a smoking spot outside the main entrance of every residential building, in addition to DSAs throughout the properties; OKW being the better of the two in my opinion.

Pop Century is the Value resort to which the person above is referring. It has more DSAs than the other Values, and most of the other properties. Just ask/beg for a room near a DSA :).

Thank you :)

Out of the ones above suggested, (saratoga, OKW, POP) what are prices like? Do all 3 have accomodations for 5 (2 adults, 3 kids)?

I did email Dis and verified we can smoke on the deck at Ft Wilderness.. granted, it's not where I really WANT to stay compared to some of the other resorts, but the comfort of only having to step outside our cabin would be a very, very nice tradeoff.

The All Star Resorts each has only 3 smoking areas yet POP has many many more anyone know WHY?

I didn't mind the walks but those hallways get awfully long sometime!

That's true. We were at the end of the hall at the villas in November, and even there some nights it seemed like the hall would never end. :eek:

But, yeah, I agree with you over all -- if you can get a well-placed room at one of the multi-building resorts like the Poly or one of the mods or values, then you'd have to walk less than if you'd stayed at WL.

I am looking at staying at the Dolphin but first I need to know where the smoking spots are. We have stayed at the YC the last 3 times and the smoking spots were great there, but this time I need a change of scene. I know I have seen someone on here post about the Dolphin but of course, I was not looking for the Dolphin at the time and don't remember how far back it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter