• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Silly and Mischievous Canucks do Christmas - Dec 2015 PTR - Update 12/13

Plans sound great. But I am afraid I may burst your bubble here. The Animation Studios is closing. I'm not exactly sure when and not sure if they are bringing the class back. I read it on one of the TA's posts on FB yesterday.

LOVE the Osborne Lights...worth the price of admission itself.

Great plans!! I heard that too about the Animation Studios...I wish I knew when because I was really hoping to do this in October as well...that's a huge part of the draw to HS for me....But the Osborne lights does look amazing!

Plans sound great. But I am afraid I may burst your bubble here. The Animation Studios is closing. I'm not exactly sure when and not sure if they are bringing the class back. I read it on one of the TA's posts on FB yesterday.

LOVE the Osborne Lights...worth the price of admission itself.

That is sad news, we loved the drawing class, the characters and the silly games in there. Oh well, we will have to fill the time with something else.

The lights will definitely be the highlight of the day.

Great plans!! I heard that too about the Animation Studios...I wish I knew when because I was really hoping to do this in October as well...that's a huge part of the draw to HS for me....But the Osborne lights does look amazing!

The class is definitely fun, too bad about it closing/undergoing renovations.

No!!! I heard that The Magic of Disney Animation is set to close this summer for renovations see hyperlink for article http://wdwnt.com/blog/2015/06/rumor...on-set-to-close-at-disneys-hollywood-studios/

Oh well, we will have to find something else to do.

Last time we were there (Oct '14) there was no more rope drop :( Wrist ban scan then go!

Great drawing! I think we'll do that also as we've never done that.

No rope drop???

May be out of luck with that drawing class, the others are reporting it is closing. :(

Looks like a fun day- Sci-Fi is a unique place for sure; I think the boys will really like it there. :)

Yep, I'm sure it will be a blast. The only trouble with Sci-Fi is the table design. The car seating is neat but inhibits conversation.

I'd love to see the Osborne lights again they're amazing and I know you'll all love them!

I can't believe the drawing classes are closing, I hope it's just temporary as they're so fun and different!

I love the Osborne lights! I think I spent over an hour there on my solo trip, just wandering and people watching. They had yummy roasted nuts too. I also hope to go to Sci Fi on a trip; we'll have to see what happens with spring trip planning.

I can't wait to see the lights. I will probably want to spend all night watching them! :laughing: The rest of the family might have something to say about that though...

I'd love to see the Osborne lights again they're amazing and I know you'll all love them!

I can't believe the drawing classes are closing, I hope it's just temporary as they're so fun and different!

It is a fun and unique thing to do, very Disney. To make up for it I may have to but one of the Disney "Learn to Draw" books. :laughing:

That is sad news, we loved the drawing class, the characters and the silly games in there. Oh well, we will have to fill the time with something else.

The rummer is on the WDWNT site is that they are going to add extra rooms for the drawing classes so poel don't have to wait as long for them. Plus there isn't much else in that building anymore.

Departure Day Plans

I am undecided what we should do this day. Our flight is not until 930pm so we have the whole day to work with. As it stands I have a breakfast ADR at Cape May Cafe.

I was toying with the idea of going to Universal Studios for the day and seeing the new Diagon Alley section but not sure it is worth the money for the one day ticket when a ticket for the day at WDW would only be a few dollars...

I think what will probably happen is we will make the decision of what to do the day before... Perhaps there will be a park we want to return to...

Another option is to hang out around the resort for the day. Sleep in, hit the pool, maybe another trip to Beaches and Cream, we could go play mini-golf at the Fantasia course by the Swan and Dolphin.

What would you do with this extra play time?

That's a really tough choice...what to do on that last day...I like your idea of seeing how you feel and either doing another park day or lounging around...I don't know about doing a US day...if you really want to do it and don't know when you'll be back...might be worth it...but you might be tired of racing around by then and going to US for just one day you'd end up running ragged around there too...but.then...I'm a lightweight and you probably have way more energy for park touring than I do lol

That's a really tough choice...what to do on that last day...I like your idea of seeing how you feel and either doing another park day or lounging around...I don't know about doing a US day...if you really want to do it and don't know when you'll be back...might be worth it...but you might be tired of racing around by then and going to US for just one day you'd end up running ragged around there too...but.then...I'm a lightweight and you probably have way more energy for park touring than I do lol

You are right that it may be too much to go to US as it would need to be a full park day and we will have a three hour drive home after landing in Toronto at midnight...

Perhaps what we do will depend on if we saw all the Christmas stuff we wanted to see.

I planned on doing the drawing class on my trip. They really need to stop closing stuff at Studios. The amount of closures over the last few years is crazy.

I also just read that Disney Quest is closing next year.

I planned on doing the drawing class on my trip. They really need to stop closing stuff at Studios. The amount of closures over the last few years is crazy.

I also just read that Disney Quest is closing next year.

Hopefully the drawing class is just a refurb and will eventually come back. I am all for an update to DHS so if they are closing things to add to and improve the park then I will not so patiently wait for the end result.

Yeah, I saw that about Disney Quest. I've never had much interest in it but I am glad for my brothers sack that it isn't closing until after our trip.

In non-Disney news I bought a new car! Picked it up today and I am very excited! I love everything about it. I got a Honda CR-V. We have been a Toyota family in the past but Honda won me over.

Mom thinks I should name it Elsa because of the colour... :laughing:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter