• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Silly and Mischievous Canucks do Christmas - Dec 2015 PTR - Update 12/13

I can't believe how close your trip is!! And who cares what you wear lol you will be at DISNEY!!!

:laughing: I know that is true but I always say that for somebody with such low self-esteem about my appearance I am surprisingly vain. ;) I just don't want to look a mess in our vacation photos but I also want to be comfortable in the parks.

I really need to finish packing. But every time I go in my room Hope follows. I'm going to have to give that girl more school work!

:laughing: That would be difficult. The only problem I have close to that is my cats that like to jump in the suitcase or lie down on top of the clothing that needs to be packed. They then give you an offended look when you try to move them. :rolleyes:

Two days, yay!!!
Funny thing about pictures, is that everyone else will love pictures of you, even if you don't. I'm not sure why, I think I look fine in the mirror, so why do I think pictures look so different?
Black tights - good choice, speaking as someone with Canadian fluorescent white legs myself...
Good news for a regular schedule and being able to plan and enjoy the occasional day off!

I agree with the mirror/photo thing. I'm the same and it makes no sense! :laughing:

Congrats on the job Lessa, could that lead to a permanent position?

You're a beautiful girl so don't worry about your clothes, you'll look great whatever :goodvibes

Congrats on the job Lessa, could that lead to a permanent position?

You're a beautiful girl so don't worry about your clothes, you'll look great whatever :goodvibes

Right now I have a permanent position it is just classified as "part-time". Doing the "full-time" line will help build my seniority which is ultimately what decides who gets the permanent "full-time" line when it does open up. It is very competitive throughout the hospital to get a perm. full-time line as it guarantees a regular schedule and benefits so I think I still have a few more years to build my seniority up before I will be able to compete realistically should a perm. full-time open up.

Can't wait to hear all about it Lessa and Beth!!!
Having a good time.

Last edited:
You're there! Having a perfectly wonderful time, I'm sure! Stay safe, have a magical trip and we'll look forward to hearing all about.

We are home! Made it back home just after 4am. The trip was good and had its ups and downs but it wouldn't be a family vacation without drama! I'm going to try and get a report started later tonight as I delay going back into the real world just a little bit longer.

I do have to say that coming back to the temperature in Canada was a bit of a shock. It was 5 celsius here when we arrived which is "warm" for December but coming from 29 degree Orlando and wearing a dress I thought that I was going to die! :laughing:

Can't wait to hear more about your trip!! I'm sure it was a shock after Florida...but...can't really complain about the weather here in Canada right now lol!!

Can't wait to hear more about your trip!! I'm sure it was a shock after Florida...but...can't really complain about the weather here in Canada right now lol!!

I know. :laughing: My brothers gave me grief about how I should have packed a change of warm clothes in my carry-on and changed in the airport. I thought it would be fine to stay in my sundress as I had a cardigan to wear with it.... until I had to stand outside at 3:30 in the morning and the windy 5 degree weather and pump gas into my car. ;) I'm sure I'll acclimate back to Canadian weather in a few days. :laughing:

Wow I can't believe you're home already!!!

I can't wait to read all about it :goodvibes

I know! It went by very quickly. I wish we had one more day so we could have just laid around the pool in the hot weather. Reality called though and so I will have to look forward to my next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter