The shorter lines for me/for you "retort"

Sassagoula Billy

DIS Veteran
Is anyone else sick of this? Should someone disagree with you on an attraction, show, restaurant, there is often the inevitable "shorter lines for me then!" or "one less person to make my wait longer".

I've begun using this as a litmus test of who not to marry.

I think it's usually a way to politely agree to disagree and avoid getting into a potentially unpleasant and/or pointless argument. If I told someone that I don't care for lima beans and he replied, "Oh, well, that leaves more for me then!", I'd take it more kindly than if he pursued the matter and said something like...

"You don't like lima beans? You're crazy! What's wrong with you?"

Or, "Yeah, well when was the last time you had lima beans? That long? Oh, come on, just *try* one, you might change your mind."

Or, "You SHOULD eat lima beans, you know, because they're full of fiber."

So in the case of disagreeing about an attraction, what should one say instead?

I think it's usually a way to politely agree to disagree and avoid getting into a potentially unpleasant and/or pointless argument. If I told someone that I don't care for lima beans and he replied, "Oh, well, that leaves more for me then!", I'd take it more kindly than if he pursued the matter and said something like...

Or, "Yeah, well when was the last time you had lima beans? That long? Oh, come on, just *try* one, you might change your mind."

I agree. I use similar lines for that purpose.

You know, this response made my day. And you're right, but it may have to do with context, or just my dislike of the phrase itself. There's nothing wrong with "I disagree", but adding this just overdoes it and comes off snotty.

Is anyone else sick of this? Should someone disagree with you on an attraction, show, restaurant, there is often the inevitable "shorter lines for me then!" or "one less person to make my wait longer".

I've begun using this as a litmus test of who not to marry.

Good news for the many hopefuls wanting to marry Sassagoula Billy- I am officially one less person in line in front of you.

Yeah, it could get obnoxious. Just like pointless threads ;) just kidding!

I know, but I have seen complete newbies ask about wait times on certain rides or talk about how much they loved a certain restaurant and longtime DISers will sometimes reply "It's overrated so one less person for you to worry about," or "we would NEVER eat there, so that's one less ressie ahead of you." I just find it obnoxious and off-putting.

I know, but I have seen complete newbies ask about wait times on certain rides or talk about how much they loved a certain restaurant and longtime DISers will sometimes reply "It's overrated so one less person for you to worry about," or "we would NEVER eat there, so that's one less ressie ahead of you." I just find it obnoxious and off-putting.

Oh ew, I agree there's no point to be snobby or condescending. :snooty:

I hate when people say "nuff said" - as if no more discussion is required because they have made the most intelligent remake that was ever typed.

You made my day, any other criteria you looking for. You know man who loves Disney is a rare find.:lovestruc

You made my day, any other criteria you looking for. You know man who loves Disney is a rare find.:lovestruc

;) The marriage bit is just my way of talkin'. But I know you knew that.

So I'll rephrase it for those who didn't. People who use phrases like "one less bell to answer" (Hal David and Burt Bacharach notwithstanding) and "nuff said" smell like Snooki.

I hate when people say "nuff said" - as if no more discussion is required because they have made the most intelligent remake that was ever typed.

Not to take over the thread but I can't resist chiming in with my (current) least favorite phrase which is *having said that.* Equally annoying is *with that being said...*

I feel better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter