The Sheraton Vistana Resort Thread (key links on p.1)

It has been a couple of years, but there were no charges for storing last time we did this, but tips for the Bell person who assists you are expected.
Thanks so much for the info, how much do you suggest the porters be tipped?

IMO, in general it is $1-2 per bag (but at least $5 - I feel cheap tipping anything below that). I would base this on the effort required. If you load and unload directly at the bell station near the front door, and they don't help much, it would be the lower end. If they bring the bags to your villa, and cart them up the stairs for you, I would be giving at least $2 a bag!

Hi SVR experts, we are thrilled to return this September. Did a rental for the fountains section through RCI.

Was thinking of requesting Fountains II to get the in-bedroom jacuzzi- but had a couple of quick questions:

1. We will have a 5yo. Are all rooms in Fountains II near I-4 or are there some quieter sections?

2. Does anyone know if there are elevators?

3. How far is the walk to the pool?

Thanks so much!!
:flower1:

Hi SVR experts, we are thrilled to return this September. Did a rental for the fountains section through RCI.

Was thinking of requesting Fountains II to get the in-bedroom jacuzzi- but had a couple of quick questions:

1. We will have a 5yo. Are all rooms in Fountains II near I-4 or are there some quieter sections?

I strongly suggest you take a look at the resort map to familiarize yourself with the layout. Link is on page 1, post #2. The short is no, 2 Friday buildings and 5 Saturday buildings have the I-4 backing. Someone here also complained about the noise of the early morning buses picking up the Disney cast members at their property next door; don't know if this issue has been resolved. This would affect the Sunday buildings at the lower right on the map, but only an annoyance if you sleep in.

2. Does anyone know if there are elevators?
The Fountains buildings do NOT have elevators. Elevators are in Lakes and Cascades buildings only. Buildings in Fountains are 3-storey, so a top unit would be 2 flights up.

3. How far is the walk to the pool?
I HATE answering this question as I find the resort very walkable for everything. But then I see posts from people who feel they have to drive the 2 blocks to the pool because it is too far. Looking at the map, I would say that the longest walk from a Fountains unit to either the Lakes or Fountains pool would be about 1.5 city blocks. Some buildings are directly across a drive from the pool; so it varies.

Thanks so much!!
:flower1:
Hope you enjoy your visit!

52 days until check-in! Our first time staying at SVR & we are very excited to get away for a bit! I think we are leaning toward asking for the fountains section. All of the 2nd bedrooms in that section are double beds correct?

52 days until check-in! Our first time staying at SVR & we are very excited to get away for a bit! I think we are leaning toward asking for the fountains section. All of the 2nd bedrooms in that section are double beds correct?

You are correct, the second bedroom in Fountains has two double beds :thumbsup2 .

We LOVE the Fountains section :love: . We own there, and its our favourite section in the resort (we have also stayed in Spas and Lakes). The pool and hot tubs are great, and we love the villa layouts. If you get a top floor villa, you'll have beautiful vaulted ceilings with a skylight that makes the living area feel HUGE! (but, you'll also have to navigate two flights of stairs......all Fountains buildings are three stories with no elevators)

Excited for our stay at SVR! These posts have been a huge help...thanks!

Last edited:

ok..i have tons of questions...ill be up all nite on this thread..lol.. back to page 1

ok..i have tons of questions...ill be up all nite on this thread..lol.. back to page 1
Okay, it's been two days. Either we have answered every question possible in this thread (I doubt it), or you ran away screaming half way through? Welcome to our little club; ask away if you still have questions...

Okay, it's been two days. Either we have answered every question possible in this thread (I doubt it), or you ran away screaming half way through? Welcome to our little club; ask away if you still have questions...
still stalking.. wondering if its just too darn big of a resort....ever feel that way?

still stalking.. wondering if its just too darn big of a resort....ever feel that way?
Good Lord, no!

BUT, it is all about expectations. Compared to the walking you are going to do at Disney, this place is tiny. All units are within maybe 5 minutes walk to the nearest pool (door to dunk). We walk the resort, maybe 30 minutes to fully circumnavigate. I am always shocked when people say they had to drive to the pools. What? Do these people only do Main Street at MK because everything else is too far to walk? Honestly, the resort is large, but very compact and well laid out. Most of the amenities are very centrally located on either the North or South side. If you want to go to something on the "other side" of the resort, it is still a pretty easy 10 minute walk.

Anyone ever stay in the Springs section? I am able to submit my DL request form but not sure where we want to be. I have young kids (4 & 1) & while we are doing 4 days at disney we also have 3 relaxation days planned. I can see us spending the most time at the Cascades pool but I don't care for the cascades layout due to the whirlpool tub in the bedroom versus the bath. I know that no matter where we stay we are going to enjoy ourselves but I was hoping to be close if the 1 year old needs to go nap but the rest of our group wants to keep swimming.

We stayed in a 2BR top floor unit in Springs the year our Courts unit was being renovated. Very nice units (they all are), and pretty easy access to the pools, really about a 2 block walk on nice quiet pathways. The smaller Springs pool is actually quite nice too; quieter than the larger pools, but still big enough for fun. These are 3 storey buildings, with the benefit of top floor being the skylight. The only time I found the 2 flights a chore was when BBQ'ing, but then I forgot things twice! That was a LOT of stairs. The rest of the time 2 flights really didn't bother much. You might want to stay in a lower unit with two young kids though. In general Springs was pretty quiet, a good place for napping kids as long as you aren't fronting onto the 535 (the kids room would be facing the roadway). Those buildings are all Sunday check-in, Friday or Saturday buildings are fine.

we just got our confirmation for our Skyauction room for Sheraton Vistana Resort. May 2017. It lists our room as 2301. This is in Cascade somewhere i believe. Has anyone stayed in this area before, thoughts? Will SVR take a Diamond Lane request even though it is a Sky Auction certificate? We wouldnt mind staying in the Fountains section as it looks a bit quieter. Anyone stayed in this section before? Any info helpful!

we just got our confirmation for our Skyauction room for Sheraton Vistana Resort. May 2017. It lists our room as 2301. This is in Cascade somewhere i believe. Has anyone stayed in this area before, thoughts? Will SVR take a Diamond Lane request even though it is a Sky Auction certificate? We wouldnt mind staying in the Fountains section as it looks a bit quieter. Anyone stayed in this section before? Any info helpful!

Hi laplabs, the room number you have assigned is just a placeholder at this point. Rooms are not assigned until MUCH closer to your date of arrival (generally within about 2 weeks of your travel date).

We stayed at SVR via a Skyauction reservation in May 2015. We submitted our villa requests via Diamond Lane two weeks prior and the resort was happy to accommodate us (just keep in mind that not all requests can or will be granted: due to occupancy levels and an assortment of other factors, they may or may not be able to cover all your bases). We love Fountains.....its our favourite section of the resort, and also our favourite pool.....but that's also where we own, so I will admit to being a bit biased LOL. Do you have a 1 bedroom or 2 bedroom villa reserved? If you have a one bedroom, then you will be limited to either Lakes (which is adjacent to Fountains) or Cascades, as those are the only two sections of the resort that offer one bedroom configurations.

We have a 2 bedroom that will accommodate 8 it says. We are beyond excited! Good thing I asked, we were ready to turn in a request today! So 2 to 3 weeks out to request?

We have a 2 bedroom that will accommodate 8 it says. We are beyond excited! Good thing I asked, we were ready to turn in a request today! So 2 to 3 weeks out to request?

2-3 weeks is perfect. SVR is an awesome resort.....I hope you guys love it as much as we do!

And by the way, a warm :welcome: to the boards :goodvibes.

We are considering this resort. This would be our first stay off-site. Has anyone ever used the discounts offered on Mousesavers? Right now there is one that would get us a two bedroom villa for $134 a night. Any reason I should avoid this? We need to decide ASAP as it is only available until tomorrow!

That is a good, not a great, deal. I have not booked through Mousesavers, but the travel agency they use has very good feedback. If you are staying for an entire week, there are better deals to be had through Skyauction and other travel wholesalers, but there is more risk there. Also, the better deals are for the less popular dates, so if you are going at a prime time, and they have availability, jump on it.

So, if you are sure on your dates, and want the security of a travel agent, I would take the deal.

Vistana Resort is a great option for your first off-site stay. Hope you enjoy it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter