The Sheraton Vistana Resort Thread (key links on p.1)

We have just booked a 2 week stay in August for 900 each week, using the awesome resource that the Timeshare Users Group is.

For the first time we will be checking in on Friday instead of Saturday. Our preference is Fountains 1 overlooking a pond (not the pool). the resort map has blue, green and red units. Which color is Friday checkins?

thanks!
Red buildings are for Friday check in. If you are requesting Fountains with a pond view there are quite a few buildings. Just be cautious about Fountains II buildings 44/45. They are pretty close to the I-4

I have a lot of resources for booking Vistana (I am not an owner), however i was wondering if there is somewhere i can book directly through a Spas villa owner?? I have always wanted to stay in the spas (and will probably have the opportunity this fall if i can find an owner to rent from). Any suggestions?

Mulanrouge -- I have successfully rented many times by using the classified ads on tug2.net. Redweek.com is another resource.

There are 2 types of rentals from owners. the first is if they own a specific week in a specific section and you rent that section. The other is that owners have starpoints to rent, or generally own in the resort. Those reservations are not guaranteed in a particular section, but can be requested, in particular by using diamond lane.

I have a lot of resources for booking Vistana (I am not an owner), however i was wondering if there is somewhere i can book directly through a Spas villa owner?? I have always wanted to stay in the spas (and will probably have the opportunity this fall if i can find an owner to rent from). Any suggestions?
Check out the two sites that @erinch mentions. IMO, you don't necessarily need to find a Spas owner to stay there. There are a lot of deeded week owners in Spas, and a lot who participate in SVN (network). Finding a deeded week owner who wants to rent the dates for the week or two that you want can be pretty darn difficult - there are only a few hundred owners for any given week, and not many will be looking or posting where you are. But Spas isn't generally a hard section to get. Just rent a 2BR villa with a Friday check-in and request a Spas assignment through Diamond Lane. In all likelihood the resort will be more than happy to assign you to a unit in Spas, especially in the fall shoulder season.

Could someone tell me more about the Shuttle service to the parks? I've searched but can't find a schedule or a cost. Thank you!

We are travelling to Sheraton Visitana Resort October 11-18 (Tuesday-Tuesday). We have 4 kids, ages 8,10,2,2. I have scoured the maps, read posts and reviews - where should we request to stay??? I've even looked at all of the blueprints/maps of the villas and photos on the website. The twins will still be in pack n plays, but won't be napping. My older kids can sleep in same room or bed together. We can put the toddler twins in a bedroom/bathroom/closet or they will just be in the master bedroom with us (they sleep in same room at home). We will have a double stroller. Definitely will make a trip to the pool and splash pad a couple times that week. Probably won't use the resort restaurants, except a drink or snack at the pool. We don't have to have a view, but would like a more quiet room in regards to highway traffic or upstairs guest noise. We will have a minivan for the week to go back/forth to Disney. I will also use the fitness center or run outside every morning.

ALSO- what are our chances of getting 2 pack n plays/cribs from the resort? Anyone not have luck with that?

THANKS FOR ANY HELP!!!!

We are travelling to Sheraton Visitana Resort October 11-18 (Tuesday-Tuesday). We have 4 kids, ages 8,10,2,2. I have scoured the maps, read posts and reviews - where should we request to stay??? I've even looked at all of the blueprints/maps of the villas and photos on the website. The twins will still be in pack n plays, but won't be napping. My older kids can sleep in same room or bed together. We can put the toddler twins in a bedroom/bathroom/closet or they will just be in the master bedroom with us (they sleep in same room at home). We will have a double stroller. Definitely will make a trip to the pool and splash pad a couple times that week. Probably won't use the resort restaurants, except a drink or snack at the pool. We don't have to have a view, but would like a more quiet room in regards to highway traffic or upstairs guest noise. We will have a minivan for the week to go back/forth to Disney. I will also use the fitness center or run outside every morning.

ALSO- what are our chances of getting 2 pack n plays/cribs from the resort? Anyone not have luck with that?

THANKS FOR ANY HELP!!!!
I always suggest being non-specific in your request and let the resort do the rest. If quiet is your concern, then ask for that; away from pools and major roadways, probably ground floor or elevator access because of the large stroller. You also might think in terms of which pool is best for the kiddos - lots of pics of the pools on the thread here, but Cascades or Fountains are probably the best for them. The thing is that the amenities are well spread out, but never really very far either so you don't need to worry too much.

Not really sure about the pack and plays/cribs - my crew were well out of that stage when we started. Actually they may very well be cribs and fairly heavy duty; most resorts will put the safest thing in they can to avoid liability issues. Considering the size of the resort, I doubt that a request for 2 will faze them.

I always suggest being non-specific in your request and let the resort do the rest. If quiet is your concern, then ask for that; away from pools and major roadways, probably ground floor or elevator access because of the large stroller. You also might think in terms of which pool is best for the kiddos - lots of pics of the pools on the thread here, but Cascades or Fountains are probably the best for them. The thing is that the amenities are well spread out, but never really very far either so you don't need to worry too much.

Not really sure about the pack and plays/cribs - my crew were well out of that stage when we started. Actually they may very well be cribs and fairly heavy duty; most resorts will put the safest thing in they can to avoid liability issues. Considering the size of the resort, I doubt that a request for 2 will faze them.
Thank you so much for reading my post and responding. I sincerely appreciate it

Could someone tell me more about the Shuttle service to the parks? I've searched but can't find a schedule or a cost. Thank you!
Hello JoJo,

For some reason I didn't see this one until I saw Jessica's post yesterday, then I needed a bit of time to pull up the information. Rather than relaying everything, I thought it would be best to post the resort information. This sheet is from 2014, and I am pretty sure that someone posted that the costs had risen a bit since then, IIRC now $10 for Disney. Note that people who reserve hotel stays get the Disney shuttles for free; the USO and SW resorts are charged for all guests.

If for some reason these pics aren't readable, PM me your email address and I will send you a pdf scan of the pages.

Disney:

USO/IOA and SW:

ETA: Those don't look too bad. Another tip; as you see there are no shuttles to MK. You would take the shuttle to Epcot and then take the monorail across. Not sure about DHS; I am assuming you would probably catch a bus from the TTC or maybe from Epcot? I don't know the Disney Transportation System well as we have always had a vehicle.

Have a great visit!

does anyone have the link for the diamond lane request? I can't seem to find it...
Post number 2 on page 1 of this thread has important links, including Diamond Lane.

Always happy to post new links, or update broken ones when they stop working.

Post number 2 on page 1 of this thread has important links, including Diamond Lane.

thank you! I found it... its been busy lately and I totally forgot my 2 week window. I was supposed to get this sent last Sunday/Monday the earliest. I hope its not too late :)

there are 4 of us and for the cost of shuttle service for 5 days in the parks (its $9 per trip/$18 round trip per person), we found it cheaper to rent a car. Parking was $17/day last year, fyi. We got a car for $120 last time. check the transportation thread here, you might find it helpful. But if you are going to the park for just a day or 2, shuttle service might be an option for you.

Thanks bankr63!

Link worked fine when I used it and I got an e-mail back from Front Office Supervisor. We're arriving on Monday for a 2 week stay.

I'm not sure if this question has been asked already. We have a one bedroom villa booked 11/26 to 12/3 (Sat to Sat). Can we request our location on the Diamond Lane Form and if so what would be the best to request? I would like to be close walking distance to one of the bigger pools (preferable Cascades) that would be good for kids 9,7, and 4?

I'm not sure if this question has been asked already. We have a one bedroom villa booked 11/26 to 12/3 (Sat to Sat). Can we request our location on the Diamond Lane Form and if so what would be the best to request? I would like to be close walking distance to one of the bigger pools (preferable Cascades) that would be good for kids 9,7, and 4?

We are just back from our 2 week stay. I didn't request a location but my requests of top floor villa with skylight, close to pool and not bordering the I4 or 535, were met. We were in Cascades building 17 which was just across the road from the Cascades pool. It was very peaceful. The pool was very popular with families.

With a 1BR unit you are pretty much guaranteed to be close to the major pools. Cascades and Lakes are the only sections with 1BR villas and both are very near major pools. Lakes villas are all pretty close to the Lakes/Fountains Pool complex, but you won't be walking far from anywhere in Cascades either. So yes, you can Diamond Lane if you would like either one over the other, but really not necessary.

We are just back from our 2 week stay. I didn't request a location but my requests of top floor villa with skylight, close to pool and not bordering the I4 or 535, were met. We were in Cascades building 17 which was just across the road from the Cascades pool. It was very peaceful. The pool was very popular with families.

Thanks! I think Cascades looks like the place to be!

With a 1BR unit you are pretty much guaranteed to be close to the major pools. Cascades and Lakes are the only sections with 1BR villas and both are very near major pools. Lakes villas are all pretty close to the Lakes/Fountains Pool complex, but you won't be walking far from anywhere in Cascades either. So yes, you can Diamond Lane if you would like either one over the other, but really not necessary.

Thanks bankr63! I will try to request Cascades.

Has anyone ever stored their luggage before/after their stay for the day? We are booked at Bonnet Creek for 2 days before we check into Vistana and as we all know...check out is at 10 and check in at Vistana is not until 4. We thought we might do a shopping day but I am nervous about leaving all of our luggage etc. in the car while we shop. Any opinions about storing the luggage? Any problems?

No problem at all. We have done this when arriving early. Check first to see if your villa is ready; you may be able to get in early. If not, there is are porters who will store your luggage securely in a back room until you return. It has been a couple of years, but there were no charges for storing last time we did this, but tips for the Bell person who assists you are expected. I just mention no charges because they now charge for packages, so there might now be a charge for bag storage too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter