The Sheraton Vistana Resort Thread (key links on p.1)

bankr63, here is the promised update on the # of pool towels assigned at check-in

Thanks for the investigative update Gina, glad to hear you're enjoying your stay.

Just back from a week of camping. You missed some torrential rainstorms. We dubbed our campsite "The Great Lake" :sad2: Ankle deep in mud for two days.

I would love to see a copy of the activities page they give out at check in if anyone has one?

Sheraton used to post the activity calendar online in the owners area (but publicly accessible), but I can't for the life of me find it right now. If I manage to stumble across it, I can post the link. You might stumble across it as well in the older Vistana thread, I have posted it before...

Thanks for the investigative update Gina, glad to hear you're enjoying your stay.

Just back from a week of camping. You missed some torrential rainstorms. We dubbed our campsite "The Great Lake" :sad2: Ankle deep in mud for two days.

Ugh, not fun :sad2: . Sorry to hear your camping adventures were a wash-out. In contrast, its been VERY dry here.....in 10 days, we've only had "rain" twice!

Beautiful pictures Gina!! I just can't wait!!
One question.. is there an actual Starbucks at Vistana or is it more of a "they sell starbucks coffee" type thing? My dd's favourite drink is the Shaken Passion Tazo Tea (or whatever they call it). It would be nice if she could get one (or 10) on our trip!:)

Beautiful pictures Gina!! I just can't wait!!
One question.. is there an actual Starbucks at Vistana or is it more of a "they sell starbucks coffee" type thing? My dd's favourite drink is the Shaken Passion Tazo Tea (or whatever they call it). It would be nice if she could get one (or 10) on our trip!:)

Its not an actual Starbucks. The Marketplace has a deli/coffee shop component at the rear of the store that sells Starbucks coffee. If we are in there before we leave, I will be sure to check and see if they have that particular tea there.

There is, however, an actual Starbucks right across the 535. So its really, really, REALLY close by :) .

As promised, more photos.....these of the north side recreation areas:

Fountains Pool & Rec Center

Lower hot tub:

Stairs to upper hot tub:

Upper hot tub:

Oh wow. It all looks so lovely! I'm getting SO excited. Really should think about packing :)

A couple of changes from last year that I did want to mention....

The Fishpipe is gone (it was a water ride located in the golf course.....not sure if its permanently departed or just gone to facilitate the reno of the mini golf this autumn).

The quick service outlets in the Fountains rec center are no longer there, and replaced in their entirety by the Tacky Tiki Bar & Grill. They do still serve Pipeline Pizza from that location.

We're considering SVR for our trip next June...my apologies if this has already been answered somewhere in this thread but I haven't read the whole thing yet.

How long does it take to get from SVR to the different parks at WDW? Heavy traffic? Does the resort have a shuttle to/from the parks?

How long does it take to get from SVR to the different parks at WDW?

i timed epcot at 8 minutes from parking lot space to parking lot space.

MGM is probably close to that - maybe another minute or 3.

MK and AK are farther away. MK also involves parking at the TTC and taking a ferry or monorail to the park. i'll let someone else give a more reliable estimate.

i do love that SVR is very close to disney property - a right turn out of the resort, a right turn at a traffic light and cross over I-4 and you are on property near DTD...

you do have to pay attention when leaving disney property that you are on the right road and taking the right exits...that can be a challenge the first 2-3 days...

Heavy traffic?

never had an issue going to disney property since it's all right turns.

coming back involves a left turn across traffic. no big deal but it could be a pain if traffic was heavy...

Does the resort have a shuttle to/from the parks?

i think so, but my general rule in all off-property stays is to drive there yourself.

A quick comment on traffic in the area. In the image below Vistana is A and DTD is B. One tip for everyone staying at the resort, is always avoid going left out of the resort. The traffic backs up on 535 from the I-4 to past Crossroads/Hotel Plaza Blvd. So even though Google maps (and my Garmin GPS) suggest that the quickest way to DTD is to the left, the 9 minutes it is estimating here is probably closer to 15-20.

As Chalee indicates, turn right and take the longer distance route to DTD or anything else Disney, there is no traffic on this route. You can see Epcot right under the slider at the left of the image, the MK park is just a few minutes further down Epcot Centre Drive onto World Drive. DHS is a left at Buena Vista Drive (instead of the right toward DTD) and is almost exactly the same time/distance as Epcot - you can see the DHS parking lot below Epcot. AK is one exit further up 535 (I-Drive South to Osceola Pkwy), and still only about 15 minutes away from the resort.

We're considering SVR for our trip next June...my apologies if this has already been answered somewhere in this thread but I haven't read the whole thing yet.

How long does it take to get from SVR to the different parks at WDW? Heavy traffic? Does the resort have a shuttle to/from the parks?

We just returned today from SVR and we stayed in the Fountains section. We went to the parks everyday and from the Fountains we were able to exit onto Meadow Creek Drive and that takes you to the traffic light at 535. We made a left at that light and picked up I-4 West, you don't have to actually get on I-4 we stayed in the merge lane and got off at the first exit, which is less that a quarter of a mile. From that exit you can reach every park. The longest was Animal Kingdom and that was maybe 10 minutes at best. We found it very convenient. We liked the I-4 way better than 535 since traffic wasn't congested at all and we left during rush hour each day. We would zip back to the resort in the middle of the day for some swimming and relaxation time, then go back to the park and close them down. The resort does have a shuttle but if you are an owner or exchanger they charge you and the times are not convenient. You will be much better off driving. The only congestion you will find is around Downtown Disney and that is because of the construction going on there for Disney Springs and the new Parking Garage. Plan accordingly if you go, we went around 4PM and it was not bad. By the time we left after 8PM it was very chaotic. Enjoy your vacation, you are going to love it, we sure did.

I would love to see a copy of the activities page they give out at check in if anyone has one?

Here is the one from August 22nd to August 28th. My scanner is only for 8.5 x 11" pages, and the actual activities schedule is 11 x 14, but hopefully it gives you enough of the info to be helpful!

And here is a copy of the discounted tickets available to those who take a timeshare tour or attend the owners update:

Can anyone tell me if they have crockpots available? Sometimes you can get them from the front desk. How about scissors? Any idea?

Thanks!!

Can anyone tell me if they have crockpots available? Sometimes you can get them from the front desk. How about scissors? Any idea?

Thanks!!

Neither one of these are included in the basic villa stock. We usually bring a pair of scissors unless we are going carry-on only. We also bring a good wine opener; there is one in the unit, but it is usually a pretty flimsy device.

I know Wyndham supplies crock pots in some of their properties that we have stayed at (although as often as not the crock part seems to be missing) :confused3 You might check with guest services to see if they have loaners available. In all likelihood if they have them it would be like the BBQ utensils; you sign them out from the Marketplace and return them when done.

And here is a copy of the discounted tickets available to those who take a timeshare tour or attend the owners update:

Which leads me back to my standard caution about attending presentations. Know what you are getting into, and be sure it is worth your while. Although the discounts look pretty good, some of these tickets are available with similar discounts from Undercover Tourist without the requirement to waste the better part of a morning sitting through a pressure sales presentation. A couple of these options do appear to be good value, especially if you are buying for a group.

Just be sure that you are being adequately compensated for any time you spend listening to the sales pitch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter