The Sea Witch Stole My Voice! Our Two Week Land and Sea Adventure! COMPLETE 4/12

I know every meal at Palo.....I wonder if it's been attempted....or at least all evening meals.....????

Meh, blurry pix happen....I definitely got the idea about how awesome the food was!!!!! Dessert table...

Dessert table....

Oh and dessert table.....

I wonder if it would even be possible to get all your evening meals at Palo, it was booked solid on our cruise.

I would pass on the dessert table for the bread and cheese table. Brie, Port Wine Cheddar, Blue Cheese Walnut Bread, YUM!

Lessa I am drooling !!!!

:laughing: The food was is definitely drool worthy.

Holy cow!! Palo looks AMAZING!! It looks like there was TONS to choose from!

Yep, tons and tons of choices and all of them were excellent!

It was fantastic thanks, very busy, very hot and then very wet :rotfl2:

Your Step-Mom sounds very odd, so rude not to eat with you and to not say goodbye! That smoke looked horrid but at least it saved you hiking again :rotfl2:

That brunch looks amazing and so much food :faint:

Yeah, Maria is definitely not my favourite person. ;):laughing:

Palo brunch is a must-do from now on. So so good!

THe seafood table alone is worth more than the $15:thumbsup2

Poor mom sitting at the wrong table:hug: I would have been embarrassed too:guilty:

See, I hate seafood so I could live without it, it did seem to be the main attraction there though and Mom certainly liked it.

:laughing: The table thing was funny! I am probably going to get told off for posting it when she gets home from work tonight. :laughing:

Had a bit of catching up to do! While it was nice to get to see your dad, too bad the step's made for some uneasy times!! It all seemed to be good in the end though!

The cruise just keeps getting better and better! Palo looks like a definite must for the DCL! If we do the cruise, I will have to book that and send the kids to some sort of activity!!!

Wow!!! :lovestruc That was an amazing spread! I'll have to look into booking a brunch for my hunny and me. They do have it on sea days on the 3 day, right?

Awesome update. I love all the pics of Palo. I debated booking it for us, but decided against it since Gayle and Brandi didn't want to go. Mike and I should have went anyway, but oh well. Now I'm really regretting it after seeing all those pics! I guess that just gives us something to look forward to for next time!

Did you ever figure out what the Evil Stepmother's problem was? What a weirdo!!

Wow!!! :lovestruc That was an amazing spread! I'll have to look into booking a brunch for my hunny and me. They do have it on sea days on the 3 day, right?
Wait, we don't have a day at sea, do we? :confused3 It look slike there's only dinner at Palo. I'll keep reading! :lmao:

Wow, that brunch looks awesome! :banana: Great pictures, Lessa :thumbsup2 Sitting at the wrong table is something I would have done, I'll bet :rotfl2: A Kir Royale would go down just perfectly right about now :cool1:

YUM! Palo looks so good! I think I'm going to definitely have to schedule that in!! Thats actually not a bad price for it either. I thought it would be MUCH more!

is it pretty much the same stuff on the buffet and dinner time...

what about the stuff from the kitchen does that change alot at dinner time

i know you are going to say just wait till friday dinner at palo and you will see

:laughing:

all caught up now!! Umm..was your dad going to buy those houses?? There were nice but does he think you are made of money when you are in school??:confused3

Lessa !!! Tell Beth that she only copied me !! I would soooo sit at the wrong table !!!:rotfl2:

Hi Rosie, not only did I sit at the wrong table I drank the other person's champagne. :confused3:lmao::headache:Lessa and I were the first one's to be seated that morning, after we were given the grand tour of all the buffet stations and the entree choices (this tour took less then 10 min, as the waiter describes everything!! just thinking about it is making me hungry... when can I go back ) it seemed like 20 minutes had passed before other guests were seated, it is hard to place yourself without a landmark. I blame Lessa, it's her fault if she could only pull herself away from the cheese and bread table.

Palo always looks so good - that is a must do for next time for sure - I'm drooling too!

Palo brunch is a must! I definitely understand why it is so hard to get a ressie!

Had a bit of catching up to do! While it was nice to get to see your dad, too bad the step's made for some uneasy times!! It all seemed to be good in the end though!

The cruise just keeps getting better and better! Palo looks like a definite must for the DCL! If we do the cruise, I will have to book that and send the kids to some sort of activity!!!

Yeah, if only the pesky steps would just go away. :headache:

Definitely ship the kids off to the kids clubs so you can enjoy a meal at Palo, it is worth it!

See below

Awesome update. I love all the pics of Palo. I debated booking it for us, but decided against it since Gayle and Brandi didn't want to go. Mike and I should have went anyway, but oh well. Now I'm really regretting it after seeing all those pics! I guess that just gives us something to look forward to for next time!

Did you ever figure out what the Evil Stepmother's problem was? What a weirdo!!

Bummer! You are right, you will just have to do it next time!

We did, I asked Dad to e-mail if he ever found out what her problem was.

Wait, we don't have a day at sea, do we? :confused3 It look slike there's only dinner at Palo. I'll keep reading! :lmao:

Nope, the 3-night does not have a sea day thus no Palo brunch. Palo dinner is an option but then you would miss out on eating in one of the three main dining rooms and the kids would not be able to eat at Palo with you. It is a tough choice to make. If you do decided to book Palo make sure to book right when your booking window opens as the reservations go fast!

Wow, that brunch looks awesome! :banana: Great pictures, Lessa :thumbsup2 Sitting at the wrong table is something I would have done, I'll bet :rotfl2: A Kir Royale would go down just perfectly right about now :cool1:

It was scrumptious! It was so good, I have never had a more delicious meal.

YUM! Palo looks so good! I think I'm going to definitely have to schedule that in!! Thats actually not a bad price for it either. I thought it would be MUCH more!

Definitely do it! I agree that the $15 per person is not bad at all considering the quality of the food, service and atmosphere.

is it pretty much the same stuff on the buffet and dinner time...

what about the stuff from the kitchen does that change alot at dinner time

i know you are going to say just wait till friday dinner at palo and you will see

Brunch and dinner are completely opposite. At dinner you order off a menu (no buffet) and there are several courses. Just like in the regular dining rooms if you can't decide on what you want they will bring you both. Palo dinner is famous for its chocolate souffle.

all caught up now!! Umm..was your dad going to buy those houses?? There were nice but does he think you are made of money when you are in school??:confused3

:laughing: Yeah, I told him it would be a few years until I could afford to buy a house let alone one of those houses. :rolleyes:

Food always makes a great update! :thumbsup2
I really don't know what to say? Its incredible!

It really was incredible, a gastronomic delight!

Lessa !!! Tell Beth that she only copied me !! I would soooo sit at the wrong table !!!:rotfl2:

Hi Rosie, not only did I sit at the wrong table I drank the other person's champagne. :confused3:lmao::headache:Lessa and I were the first one's to be seated that morning, after we were given the grand tour of all the buffet stations and the entree choices (this tour took less then 10 min, as the waiter describes everything!! just thinking about it is making me hungry... when can I go back ) it seemed like 20 minutes had passed before other guests were seated, it is hard to place yourself without a landmark. I blame Lessa, it's her fault if she could only pull herself away from the cheese and bread table.

Typical, trying to blame it on me. :rolleyes:

I didn't know that you drank from that poor persons champagne. :lmao:

Okay so some of you are wondering if we ever figured out what exactly Maria's problem was. Well the day we left I told Dad to let me know if he ever found out. A few days after we got back he sent me a "lovely" e-mail detailing what exactly was pissing Maria off.

First of all it was her time of the month. I knew this when we were there as Dad had told me and initially we thought this was the reason for the tude but her behaviour went way past the typical PMS. I can say this with complete authority being female myself. ;)

Okay so here is what her problem was according to what she told Dad.

1. We were too loud and we argued.
Um, she only witnessed one argument and that was the scrambled egg debate. Again that wasn't really an argument, more like a debate and she was laughing while it was going on. As for being loud, she is just as loud or louder and really we weren't all that loud except for maybe when we were laughing during a movie.

Welcome to a typical family, we fight and we talk and we laugh and we have fun. It is not our fault she has no sense of humour.

2. Our collective poor standard of cleanliness
Um, we all showered EVERY day, TWICE a day on the days we were hiking. We brush our teeth, wash our hands, brush our hair, shave, never wore the same clothes twice unless they had been washed which is more than I can say for her, she wore the same thing almost every day.

Apparently proof of our unclean habits was that a small piece of food was found on the living room couch. 1. We never ate in the living room, always ate at the table with Dad. 2. Who says that it was one of us who tracked a piece of food into the living room, it could very well have been her or her daughter.

Oh yes, this was a major deal, while watching a movie I had the sniffles so I used a few tissues. Instead of getting up to throw them away in the other room each time I used one I placed them beside me and threw them away at the end of the movie. Oh no! Call in the hazmat team, the room needs to be detoxed! :rolleyes:

3. We did not say thank you for anything even though she "went out of her way to make our trip pleasant"

Well that is a lie. I forgot my tooth brush so she provided me with a spare, I said thank you. She showed me how to use the washing machine so I could do a laundry for Alek, Erich and I, I said thank you. She would offer me something (usually food) I would say no thank you!
As for her going out of her way to make our trip pleasant all she did really was make enormous amounts of food that we couldn't possibly eat. She cooked enough for 15 people and there were only 6 of us so of course not everything got eaten. :rolleyes:

4. She knows that I don't like her
Well boo hoo, I did not do anything that was rude or uncivil. Sure I wasn't buddy buddy with her but so what. I don't need to be friends with her. :headache:

So anyways that is a summary of what exactly was bugging Maria. As you can see it was just a wee bit ridiculous.

Oh how yummy Palo looks! My one regret we did not get to go on our cruise. Great pics.
Your stepmother needs to get a life-really.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter