The Sea Witch Stole My Voice! Our Two Week Land and Sea Adventure! COMPLETE 4/12

Look at me, number three! :rotfl:

Looks like I'll have some videos to watch tomorrow. I'm glad you decided to post them even if with the music instead of the narration.

I'm watching the videos right now...:thumbsup2

:thumbsup2
Look at me, number three! :rotfl:

Looks like I'll have some videos to watch tomorrow. I'm glad you decided to post them even if with the music instead of the narration.

:laughing: Yeah, I was tempted to just post them in their original format but Mom was having such a hissy fit about it that I decided to just cover her talking with the music. :rolleyes:

Castaway Cay day had finally arrived. Whenever you talk about a Disney cruise the first thing that people tell you about is how great Castaway Cay is. Well I was happy that I was finally going to get to experience it for myself! :goodvibes

The ship was not due to arrive at Castaway Cay until 9:30 so I "slept in" until 8am and then went up to Topsiders with Mom for a leisurely breakfast. I really liked the Topsider buffet breakfast. There were always so many options, the food was always fresh and Mom and I never encountered a crowd.

After our yummy breakfast we went up to deck 10 to watch the approach to Castaway CAY. It was hazy out that morning and I hoped that it would clear up as the day went on.

I see the Flying Dutchman!

D14001.jpg

That was a super zoomed in photo, we were still pretty far out.

D14002.jpg

D14003.jpg

D14004.jpg

D14005.jpg

D14006.jpg

That really is the actual Flying Dutchman from the Pirates trilogy. It was brought to Castaway Cay when they finished filming. You will notice that the backside of the ship is not finished, most likely to aid in the ease of filming and I am sure for budget reasons as well.

Look how blue the water is!

D14007.jpg

D14008.jpg

D14009.jpg

D14010.jpg

Since we were pretty much there Mom and I went down to the room to grab our beach bag and get ready for the day.

We then went down to the lower decks to wait for them to let us off. It seemed to take forever! I am sure it was just the anticipation that made it seem like a long time. Lots of other people were also waiting in the lower decks with us, we were crammed liked sardines in the elevator lobby as they would not let us down onto the deck that you exit from.

Eventually they gave the all clear and we were allowed to exit the ship!

Click here to continue

Acccccckkkk, let me off the ship and into that gorgeous blue water!!! All cuaght up now. I really think you ned to take another trip sooner, I will so miss your reports and pics.

Acccccckkkk, let me off the ship and into that gorgeous blue water!!! All cuaght up now. I really think you ned to take another trip sooner, I will so miss your reports and pics.

Trust me, I wish I was going sooner as well. First summer in three years with no Disney trip. :guilty:

Gorgeous! I'd prefer a hazy day myself. I like to be at the beach when it's warm, but overcast so I don't feel the sun beating down on me. ;)

that was the first picture of the ductchman i saw with no back, no one else have ever captured it well at least that i have seen on here.

pretty neat, makes you want to watch the movie and see if they ever show it from that side or always from the finished side.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter