The Sea of Strollers - how do you make yours stand out?

OurLittleLove

Mouseketeer
This will be our first trip to WDW as a family (me, DH and DS 2.5). We'll be renting a stroller through a stroller but unsure what color it will be. I'm somewhat dreading having to find our stroller among the sea of strollers after each ride. How do you make your stroller stand out from the rest?

haha...i don't know if they were kidding, but many years ago, someone on here posted that they leave undesirable items like a small bag of wrapper trash or "faux" dirty diaper (that has been balled up and taped) in a grocery bag hanging from the handles to not only make the stroller stand out but to deter anybody who is interested in taking it for an upgrade. I'm so embarrassed to admit this but I followed their advice because we always brought our middle-high end stroller and didn't want it swiped. Worked like a charm. In the likely event that you are little more classy/tasteful than me, I've seen some really clever ideas like bright scarves tied to a handle, balloons floating, and nicely made signs anchored to the back. :o

Our last three trips we had a stroller. I found something bright and colorful each trip to tie to the Handel. Last trip I found a bright pink plush star that is on a wire stem that I found wrap around the handle and have sticking up at the dollar store. An October trip we took, I made a large bow out if orange Halloween ribbon that we attached. Just something eye catching and unique that we could look for.

I have noticed over the years that many people attach a balloon, and we tried this the first time we went with a stroller. We found that 1) it was not unique, 2) it was a pain to deal with when riding the buss and 3) it came off and floated away, causing a melt down for DD who was 18 months at the time.

I had a bottle of hand sanitizer hanging from a colorful belt clip. Helped it stand out a bit and still useful.,We rented a stroller from kingdom strollers and there was a big orange card at the bottom with our name on it to make sure we grabbed the right one.

I'll admit we've never gone on level 8-10 crowd days, but we have never had trouble finding our strollers.

This will be our first trip to WDW as a family (me, DH and DS 2.5). We'll be renting a stroller through a stroller but unsure what color it will be. I'm somewhat dreading having to find our stroller among the sea of strollers after each ride. How do you make your stroller stand out from the rest?
We used neon pink duct around the handle of our Citi Mini Double stroller. They are surprisingly popular (and expensive). Someone grabbed our stroller by accident at an amusement park and it was an hour before they found us to make the switch back. I'm less concerned about folks trying to upgrade or steal a stroller, but accidents do happen and having a quick way to pick your stroller out of crowd can be time saving. Think Fantasmic. AT NIGHT. Lol!

We lock the rear wheels with a cable lock to prevent someone from walking off with it and we also put a little Colombian flag on the side to stand out.

The only time we did Disney World with a stroller it was a simple umbrella stroller and I went to the dollar store and got the ugliest scarf I could find and tied that around one of the handles. Very easy to get the stroller back.

OP - since this is your first trip to Disney World, understand that there are stroller parking areas and you drop the stroller off there. HOWEVER, Cast Members need to "tidy up" the area so they will move strollers - not to a new location - in the same area but a different spot. So, when you drop off your stroller at Point A, it might be in Point A.1.2 when you come back. It will be there, though.

Others will suggest balloons but (1) they aren't sold in Animal Kingdom (nor are they allowed) or Epcot and (2) walking around with a balloon attached to your stroller all day is a pain in the butt not only to you but to others around you.

I would suggest something you can identify with, that is cheap and can be replaced if you lose it, and doesn't offend anyone else. Of those characteristics, the last one will be the toughest to deal with.

I buy a roll (or two) of very brightly colored ribbon and I wrap it all around the handle of the stroller (tying it at both ends). I like to use two colors just in case someone else has the same idea and uses the same color I do. I figure odds are low that someone will pick the exact same two ribbons I do. When we brought our own stroller, I also made a big name tag that hung off the back of the stroller. This helps with two things: 1) Identifying which stroller is ours (we rent them so duct tape would be bad and hard to remove after days of baking in the heat) and 2) keeping the handle from being too hot, which happens sometimes with black stroller handles in Florida sunshine. Last trip I bought florescent green and orange ribbon. It was almost blinding in the sunlight but made it so easy to find our stroller.

I'd tell you, but then it wouldn't stand out. Lol. Honestly, like everyone else said, just something to attach to the handle. I agree about the balloon though, we tried that once and it was a pain.

Here's what works for us with a rental: Tie a very unique and colorful scarf to the handle and wrap it in the middle (you can buy inexpensive ones on ebay). Use battery operated lights at night (we go to the Christmas parties and it's really fun too!). People often grab the wrong rental despite the name and our stroller is always moved even though we really try to only park where the cast members want you to park.

Do not. I repeat do NOT try to use a balloon unless you want to be smashed in the face and bonk every stranger in the face along the way as the wind constantly changes. We didn't even do this for id, just because my kid had to have a $12 red Mickey balloon. Just...no. You also need the stroller clear because when it rains, it can literally pour. We saw people get completely soaked because they couldn't untie a little flag they rubberbanded to the handle fast enough to get the rain cover on.

And of course, always take your valuables. We've seen many (understandably) very upset families after the things left in their stroller were stolen from autograph books to purses to cameras to souvenir stuffed animals (for some reason coming out of Akershus often).

I created and attached a remote beeper that clips under the seat. Plus it has a gps locator on it. I can press a key fob and it sets off a car alarm sound. And if anyone swipes it I can find them within a mile radius.

Whenever we need something to make our suitcases stand out at the airport, we tie really brightly colored ribbon to the handle. You could hit up the Michael's clearance section and buy a bunch of different colors!

You also need the stroller clear because when it rains, it can literally pour. We saw people get completely soaked because they couldn't untie a little flag they rubberbanded to the handle fast enough to get the rain cover on.

A note on the rain cover. Go to the dollar store, get a shower liner for, well, $1. Take that and some binder clips and the stroller will be covered. Just put the shower liner in a zippered bag (not the original one) and then shove it back in there once the rains stop.

One of the smartest things I did on our last trip was spending $5.00 on a huge box of bendy glow sticks at a local craft store. Once it got dark, we put glow stick necklaces on each of us (each person picked their color!) and we wrapped several of them along the handle of our stroller. We never had a problem finding it, even in the dark!

Someone mentioned a few drawbacks to tying a balloon on the stroller. Here is another: if you are flying, my understanding is you cannot bring a balloon on the plane. This is going to be the tough one for us because our kids love balloons but I'd hate to buy one that they can't take with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter