The savings plan worked, trip almost paid off!

Congrats to you and your family. FYI so you and your wife know - there are PLENTY of places she can eat gluten free all over Disney. We ate ONLY Counter service meals on our last trip and I ate like a QUEEN!!!!!! (we had already booked out trip with FREE Dining at POP, before I found out I have gluten intolerance (very sensitive)

Have a Magical trip.

What an amazing way to teach teamwork. You're only as strong as your weakest link. This is so inspirational...congrats on your trip that everyone will remember and treasure forever.

This lesson will probably spill over to your grandchildren at one time or another-awesome real life lesson!

Awesome! Your family all cutting back working for the trip will make the trip more special.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

on funding your trip.

More importantly congratulations on teaching your kids a valuable lesson for their future.

Really nice to see a family pull together and be so considerate of one another.

Congratulations.

This is wonderful on so many levels. What a wonderful family you all are! Way to go!

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

We all know that a Disney trip can be a huge expense for a family. I applaud your family for showing all of us that it is possible to do the trip you want without breaking the bank. A little (or a lot) of pre-trip savings make for a much more memorable trip. You will not have the stress of the "how are we going to pay off these bills?" questions hanging over your every day. And you showed your kids the value of saving money...a lesson too many kids these days never seem to learn.

Have a wonderful vacation! :dance3:

This is one of those times when I need a LIKE button. You and your family have done an amazing thing! All of you will thoroughly enjoy this trip, I'm sure.

This brought tears to my eyes! What an awesome idea

I got a little teary eyed too. Great story and congrats to your family for achieving your savings goal!

This story is great. Love the idea to help teach kids about money. So cool that you all have reached your goal!

Btw.. Based on your mention of balance due in 4 weeks, and looking at your chart, are you all checking in by November 29th? You would qualify for free dining if you are and that would eliminate your food column. Just ignore this if you already know that, etc, etc, Just thought I'd mention it just in case:)

Have a great trip!!

I LOVE this idea! I am working on saving the 5000 needed to take my parents and myself of course back down to WDW for their 50th anniversary in 6 years. May sound like I have a lot of time but I don't exactly work a high paying job. I love the idea of being able to see what I need and where I have gotten!

Way to go, Family! And special honors to DAD, for having all those stars!!!

Congratulations! Thank you so much for sharing your plan and achievement. I'm sure many of us could use this to our benefit.

Cirrus,

Bless you and our family. You are a great example for your children and us all!

Thank you for sharing your story!

Have a magical time!:hug:

Very cool! We tend to just use stock grants for vacations, but we're now looking at doing some serious savings towards a house. And I think I'll be using this idea to keep us all focused and serious, without feeling deprived, while working on a really solid down payment.

Thanks for the visual of the chart!

Congrats :woohoo: You all deserve a great deal of credit :thumbsup2 What a caring, thoughtful, wonderful son you are raising for him to be willing to give up his trip so his sister could have hers :love: I hope you all have a marvelous, magical trip filled with many, many memories :tinker:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter