The Scrapbooking Vacation Rules Trip

The Team
Tony :driver and holder of all travellers’ cheques
Theresa :navigator and chief scrapbook shopper
Maddison :2nd in command of scrap book shopping
Callum :owner of the RED hair :crazy:

Wednesday 19th July

Today we planned to go shopping.

We went to Wal Mart on 535 and then found a post office to send a parcel to my aunt who lives in North Carolina before heading up I4 to Michael’s which is north of Universal on I Drive. We had a very cunning plan, Maddie and Theresa went to Michael’s
Florida2006a326.jpg

and Callum and I went further north to Festival Bay as 2 of my all-time favourite shops are there, Bass Pro Shop and Sheplers.
Florida2006b171.jpg

Florida2006a048.jpg

Callum and I browsed around Sheplers, as I already have about 6 cowboy shirts and a couple of pairs of boots I managed to resist. When we got to Bass Pro I had a list of stuff to get for a fishing buddy and scouted around for that while Callum went on a tour of the whole centre before coming back to drag me kicking and screaming out of the shop.
We stopped in Steve & (Barrys???) before leaving as I’d seen a jacket in there last year and promised myself that if I ever got a Chrysler I would get myself one of those there jackets!!!!

Well to cut another long story down to size when my company car was up for renewal that is exactly what I got so I headed straight for the section they were in last year and YES they still have some. If you think of the high school jackets that they wore in Grease but with black leather back and arms and black felt front panels you will have a good idea of how it looks. It also has a Chrysler logo on the breast pocket and is spelt out on the back. I’m sad I know. The best part of all was it was only $7. I couldn’t believe it was that price last year and I kicked myself for not getting it then but we had been running low on luggage space then and it would have been far to hot to wear home in August.

Picture of jacket as requested. :thumbsup2

clearcamera20-08-06y3rmp014.jpg

sorry about the camera shake.

clearcamera20-08-06y3rmp015.jpg

Hope you like it :blush:

We headed back to Michael’s and found the ladies in Books a Million which is next door to Michael’s and has a coffee shop called Joe Muggs inside. I had been here last year when Callum and I had had to wait several decades while the women had looked around Michael’s, hence our trip to Festival Bay this year. They had only just ordered so we joined them for coffee and cake before driving down I drive just to have a look around before turning east on the 192 to head for yet another scrapbook shop in St Cloud. This one was one that Theresa had found on the web and some of the smaller, privately owned stores stock things you won’t find in the big chains. On the way we shopped off at all the pawn shops so Callum could look at the guitars. He found a nice electric acoustic with pearl inlay that we thought we would go back for later in the holiday if he hadn’t found one he liked any better. Theresa had also said to keep an eye open for a Big Lots store as they sell lots of end-of-line type things and there was one in the same parade as the pawn shop that Callum had seen the guitar in so they found some more scrapbooking stuff. When we did get to Theresa’s shop we found it had closed down so we turned back.

We shopped at another Wal Mart on the way back to the resort and had some of the yummy food we had stocked up with.

After tea we went to use the on-site internet café to check E Mails :surfweb: (and the bank balance, don’t forget Theresa is armed with a credit card and not afraid to use it :rotfl: ) Callum chatted to friends for awhile and then we had a round on the Resort’s Crazy Golf course.

We went back to the Condo and had a coffee and watched one of the DVD’s the kids had bought before bed. :happytv:

would love to see a piccie of the jacket ;) Sounds like a successful day all round,

Hmmm, once again far toooo much shopping going on here!

:sunny:

Jodie

That jacket sounds really cool :smooth:

Pleased that you got in a round of crazy golf, I love playing.

ArielJasmine princess:

Great jacket, Tony. Good job you don't live near me, or I'd be telling you not to leave it lying around.....

ArielJasmine princess:

I think not, somebody may be eating and I wouldn't want to put them off their tea.

I'm clever but I can't stand both sides of the camera. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter