The Running Thread--2024

Any thoughts on when rD will announce this summer's virtual series theme? I'm tracking signup later this month (according to at least one blog), but no theme yet!
Well, the timing has been 2 weeks before the first registration date, so that would make it March 12 for the summer series (registration being March 26) but I don’t know if rD can manage to run Wine & Dine registration and a theme announcement on the same day—it might tax their limited IT resources 😂😂

February 2024
0.0 Miles

I have my 6 week follow up on Tuesday with my surgeon. Hopefully she will clear me to leisurely walk around the neighborhood. I am going bonkers.
Fingers crossed you get cleared!

Did you injure yourself during Dopey/Dumbo?

Fingers crossed you get cleared!

Did you injure yourself during Dopey/Dumbo?
No. I had surgery last May and didn’t follow recovery orders and undid what I had done. We had a farm so I was doing things I shouldn’t have been doing otherwise they would not have gotten done. We have since moved and live in a subdivision now. I’m being a good patient and following doctors orders which are more restrictive than last year 😭 You know you were a bad patient when the doctor’s nurse calls and messages to check up on you twice a week. I have almost reached the end of Netflix and the internet and I think I am wearing out the motor on my recliner 😂

No. I had surgery last May and didn’t follow recovery orders and undid what I had done. We had a farm so I was doing things I shouldn’t have been doing otherwise they would not have gotten done. We have since moved and live in a subdivision now. I’m being a good patient and following doctors orders which are more restrictive than last year 😭 You know you were a bad patient when the doctor’s nurse calls and messages to check up on you twice a week. I have almost reached the end of Netflix and the internet and I think I am wearing out the motor on my recliner 😂

Total recovery and patience prayers for you! (And, please, Lord, hurry😊.) BTW since you are the expert here, are there any Netflix shows you recommend?😁

Second all the advice here on AK @Mr_Incr3dible but I'll urge you to definitely spend some time with the cotton top tamarinds. Their enclosure is on the right just before the Africa bridge. They just had three new babies! So there should be the two adults, the two babies they already had from a year or so ago, and now these new ones. They are unbelievably cute and super fun to just watch for a while. The older babies were just getting good at jumping branches in January. (They also have a few tortoises that roam their enclosure, so it's a fun spotting game to find them.)

I am doing my best to do it all! I have today to myself, and I have a park hopper. Starting the morning off with Tron and space mountain before breakfast. I am literally storming the castle, which was shrouded in fog when I first walked in.IMG_0116.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0117.jpeg
    IMG_0117.jpeg
    37.8 KB · Views: 50
I went to Crystal Palace for the buffet breakfast and didn’t really need to do any character photos, but I could not pass up one with Tigger. Calorie budget is blown for the day….
And since I did not manage to do any metal photos after my Dopey two years ago, I brought them all with me for photo ops. And I will confess to blatantly copying @Herding_Cats brilliant medal arrangement with the castle.

Attachments

• IMG_0127.jpeg
    IMG_0127.jpeg
    130.5 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0122.jpeg
    IMG_0122.jpeg
    75 KB · Views: 41

I went to Crystal Palace for the buffet breakfast and didn’t really need to do any character photos, but I could not pass up one with Tigger. Calorie budget is blown for the day….
And since I did not manage to do any metal photos after my Dopey two years ago, I brought them all with me for photo ops. And I will confess to blatantly copying @Herding_Cats brilliant medal arrangement with the castle.
Love the short sleeve running shirt. At some point I’m going to have to try that with some of my shirts.

Ok, nearly done with spamming this thread…
1. since I was here right at MK opening, Main Street was fairly empty and I was able to do a symbolic run down MSUSA and through Tomorrowland on the way to Tron this morning.
2. Posting a couple of other medal pictures in case anybody wants to try something similar in the future. (I know, the railing staging is not original). One of the more interesting things about doing these photos is that none of the cast members ever said anything to me, or even gave me a second glance. I did have some passerbys that wanted to stop and look at the medals.
3. I finally realized that Pirates of the Caribbean is an adult version of it’s a small world. That said, the animatronics have gotten very remarkable, especially for Jack Sparrow.

Attachments

• IMG_0149.jpeg
    IMG_0149.jpeg
    106.4 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0138.jpeg
    IMG_0138.jpeg
    104 KB · Views: 41
Love the short sleeve running shirt. At some point I’m going to have to try that with some of my shirts.
Thanks. I have some posts about this on the costume thread. Two main tips are very sharp scissors and care when cutting the sleeves to length because the material squirms, and 2-sided basting tape to hold the hems in place for stitching. Thank you again for those who recommended the two-sided tape.

Well, the timing has been 2 weeks before the first registration date, so that would make it March 12 for the summer series (registration being March 26) but I don’t know if rD can manage to run Wine & Dine registration and a theme announcement on the same day—it might tax their limited IT resources 😂😂
Thanks! Ten more days of waiting. I can do it. I can do it! LOL

2 parks. Over 30k steps. Didn’t get to ride GotG but did finally see the new Luminations. And the bus driver back to the resort looks like the PotC pirate with the fake eyeball, bad teeth and all, I kid you not.

Something that I have said before: it is really different to come here and be driving, or riding a Disney bus, or going through part of a park and realize that you have run on that road / overpass / path or backstage. You just have a really different perspective.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter