The Running Thread -- 2022

I specifically bought honey stinger chews just for the "nothing new on race day" reasons.
I did the same, but they're so much bulkier than the gels. Like Baymax, I am not fast. So, I needed enough gels to provide 60 grams of carbs/hour for my anticipated 4.5 finish time (5+ with character stops). I couldn't fit the chews in with my all of my gels. I think that I'll mix in the chews with my gels once my long run times get beyond 1 1/2 hours this cycle.

I specifically bought honey stinger chews just for the "nothing new on race day" reasons.

Do we know that Disney will be using these for the upcoming races? If not, where/when is it usually confirmed? I'd like to try them out for the same reason, but don't want to try them and have Disney change to something else. I poked around the website a little bit and couldn't find anything definitive, but I also know the runDisney tends to hide little details where you wouldn't expect to find them.

Do we know that Disney will be using these for the upcoming races? If not, where/when is it usually confirmed? I'd like to try them out for the same reason, but don't want to try them and have Disney change to something else. I poked around the website a little bit and couldn't find anything definitive, but I also know the runDisney tends to hide little details where you wouldn't expect to find them.
It was in the event guide last year.

It was in the event guide last year.

That's what I was figuring. What has me shaking my head is the fact the Disney waits that long to let people know since most people will want to test them out on a long run (or two) before using them on race day. Maybe that's just me.

Can someone please remind me when the bus back to the resorts start running after the races? I am wondering if it will be worth going back to my resort or if a quick wash&change near the park I want to visit next will do. Also is it possible to walk to Epcot entrance from the finish location? I might invest in lockers for rope dropping instead of in Genie+

Can someone please remind me when the bus back to the resorts start running after the races? I am wondering if it will be worth going back to my resort or if a quick wash&change near the park I want to visit next will do. Also is it possible to walk to Epcot entrance from the finish location? I might invest in lockers for rope dropping instead of in Genie+

Per last year's event guide.....for 5k 6:30-8:30, 10k 6:00-9:00, half 6:00-10:30

https://web.archive.org/web/20211123075831/https://guide.rundisney.events/transportation/

Thank you 😊 I look into the guide but am I missing something or there is nothing from the finish line to the host resorts?

I did notice that all finish lines are close to the Epcot entrance, that one is easy.
I think it's just the way they worded it....it's the same buses just making round trips from hotels/Epcot.

AB8ADEAE-E387-49B2-A9EA-912F2CD530DB.jpeg

It was all I could do to get in my 100 this month. I anticipated a break over vacation but did not plan on bringing home Covid. About 20 miles were run in a daze and the pace slowed considerably but it is done. Hopefully everything is on target for Wine and Dine, I feel slow and stagnant in my training but there’s time so let’s just see what happens.

View attachment 698485

It was all I could do to get in my 100 this month. I anticipated a break over vacation but did not plan on bringing home Covid. About 20 miles were run in a daze and the pace slowed considerably but it is done. Hopefully everything is on target for Wine and Dine, I feel slow and stagnant in my training but there’s time so let’s just see what happens.
Out of curiosity what system/software are you using to get these totals? I can get a 4 week total from Garmin, but it's not so nicely presented.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter