The Running Thread -- 2022

July Totals

Total Miles - 34.32 mi
Total Time - 4:59:56 h:m:s
Average Pace - 8:44
Avg HR - 151bpm

Summer rebuild mode started. Strained my hammy on a run on July 4th, plus moving to North Carolina, caused a lot of downtime this month. We moved in 14 days ago, and now get to map out new running routes to get my distance in. Plus hills all around where we moved to. An added new experince to my training after living in Houston for 30+ years and all its flatness!

Appears to be useful for post-race beverages.
Yes 🙌🏻 and there is no shortage of occasions on the islands 🤭

I had considered registering to one of these virtual runs that ships a medal at the end but really like the idea of bringing it as a souvenir. DD is using a spinner key chain to make hers.

ETA: The ribbons I purchased to our local trophy store for about 0.50$ each.

Well, July is done. Good riddance. It wasn't efficient, enjoyable or pretty, but I got all my miles in. At this point I'm just hoping things normalize when the weather cools off. Here are the numbers:

July Summary
Running Miles: 186.87
Running Time: 34:33:05
Average Pace: 11:07/mi
Average HR: 148/min
YTD Running Miles: 1126.61

Extras:
Walking Miles: 22.71
Rolling 12mo Running Miles: 1,970.03

On the positive, non-running side, new puppy Luna is settling in nicely. We weren't sure how our older bulldog, Sydney, would react to having a new sister, but after a few days of acclimation she seems to enjoy having companionship again.

541F1741-99BD-4192-A1FC-AA6445BD4A4E.jpeg

Last edited:
July totals:

38.3mi run. Which is not what it should be. It’s a little disheartening to see that last year in July I almost hit 100mi and this year I didn’t even get to 50 (although I completely understand WHY this year’s total is lower.)

I’m trying to figure out if there’s something different that I can/should try to do for motivation or when to place/schedule my runs so that I actually DO them and can still function through my whole work day (I’m kind of hoping that my reduced work hours/availability will help.)

July 2022 Training Summary

Running duration = 35:30 hours
Running mileage = 243.7 miles
Average Pace = 8:45 min/mile (about 80 sec/mile slower than recent marathon)
Average HR = 131 (14 bpm less than recent marathon)
Strength Training = 5:19 hours
Total Training Time = 40:50 hours

G training = 0

July was a good month for me. Continuing to click away the miles. I finished off the Canova General phase and have entered the Canova Fundamental phase. Which means I'm getting rolling on some harder workouts. The body continues to respond well to the training. In a contrast to Madison M 2021 training where I peaked at 129 min at 7:36 pace, Canova's got me at 150 min at 8:20 pace with 15 weeks to go. He's got a different philosophy for the Fundamental phase long run and Specific phase long run.

G didn't have any training this month. She was super swamped with play practice (Addams Family) and is now in the second play (Frozen Jr.). Her performance week made for two 3am wakeup calls and many 11pm bedtimes for me to not miss a show and get all the scheduled runs in. But I made it happen. So that's pretty much taking up her (and our) summer free time at the moment. But any time she's not doing play practice, and I'm not running we've been working on her Ms Marvel costume for Halloween/Princess 5k together. She wanted bigger and better, so I've scoured the cosplay books for tips and am trying to make her ideas into reality. Chronicling the progress here if you want to see what we're up to (link).

Last edited:
I think my hiking miles exceeded my running miles in July.....and that's a good thing cause I was able to take in some great scenery...... (Tre Cime di Lavaredo, the Dolomites, Italy)

View attachment 689501
Awesome! My husband and I want to hike the Dolomites some year soon. It maybe would've happened already, but...covid. I may hit you up for what you did.

July 2022 totals
Distance: 102.7 miles
Duration: 20h19
YTD: 658.19 mi
Strength: 4h24

7 weeks into my marathon training plan, I'm tired and a bit demotivated, but I'm hanging in there! I have my nutritonist appt Thurs and GP appt Fri, so hopefully they'll have some good advice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter