The Running Thread -- 2022

February Training Summary
Running Miles: 265.4
Running Time: 39:20:05
Average Pace: 8:54/mi
Average HR: 130/min

Highest mileage since September and I'm sure the highest ever for me in February. I've never run a spring marathon before so this time of year is usually less training for shorter racing or just maintenance.

68.3 miles run in February, coming off of 31.8 in January (had a calf strain). This was my highest mileage month since my stress fracture last year. I did a lot of cross training coming off the calf strain. I am signed up for more races this spring, but haven’t set any goals yet. I already have a 10k time that I can submit for POT for W&D, but I may work towards a 2:15 half. That time used to be easy for me but I lost so much fitness with my stress fracture last year. It’s been hard getting back to that fitness/speed.

@LSUlakes I've always appreciate your contributions to this thread and encouragement to slower runners to join in too and not feel like we don't belong because we're not as fast. I used to think this thread was only for runners much faster and more accomplished than me. In part because of your encouragement, I have since learned that I was capable of much more as a runner than I ever thought. So best of luck to you in hopefully finding a solution that allows you to continue running.

February miles: 32.86.

I didn't run as much as I wanted to, yet also ran a lot more than normal in a February with no live race on the horizon to train for. So I'll take that as a win given the demands on my time during this time of year.

Between a bout of Omicron and cold weather, I lost nearly 2.5 weeks of running. (I had a 3 mile run at a 9:45 pace and felt way worse than I should have that night. Oops, turns out it was the beginning of what was probably omicron variant).

I'm now fully recovered and warmer weather and back to training for a 5K in 11 days, but really annoyed at how sore I am after routine runs after the layoff. Just grrrr. This getting older stuff sucks!

I had faint hopes of a new PR (not likely with the hills on this course) but mostly would like to finish ahead of my 15 year old.

February mileage- 34.2. Not what I had hoped for, but par for the course for February for me. I was also sick for about a week.

I've had to cancel my Cherry Blossom race registration due to some things coming up that ate away at our travel budget. I'm bummed, but focusing on my local half on May 1. There's no way I'll be fast enough for a PoT so I'm just hoping to have a good fun and keep my pace up through the race.

While I agree with the sentiment here, please go see a cardiologist, a real doctor with real medical training. I am sure you are aware, as you are currently living this, but a-fib can have very real medical consequences if not managed appropriately, and holistic treatments are not the path.

A functional or wholistic practitioner can be a cardiologist, they just treat the whole body, not just one system in isolation. I wouldn't see someone that wasn't also an MD.

ATTQOTD: Well, I’m excited for Springtime Surprise, and hopefully I’ll be able to register for Wine & Dine, but the non-Disney race I’m most excited to try is the TC Loony Challenge. It’s a 10K back-to-back with a 5K on Saturday, and then a 10 miler on Sunday. It’s about a month before W&D

February running:
Distance: 85 miles
Average pace: 11:18 / mi
This includes Princess 10k and half, a really fun race weekend! I was sorry to see the dates for next year don't line up with my work schedule at all. I'd do this one again if I ever could. Messed with my average pace for the month for sure, because I stopped about a million times for pics etc.

QOTD:
What race are you most excited to run this year...2022? (Or to try to sign up for.)

ATTQOTD: Blackbeard's Revenge 100m is the race I'm most excited to run this year. Really, "excited" is only one of the emotions I'm going through as the race looms closer and closer. I'm a bit scared of the distance and having a hard time wrapping my head around and contextualizing the distance. It's just so far out of my realm of experience as to be abstract at this point. Mix in the fact that I'm using a home brew training plan for the race, not a proven training plan, and it's a pretty good recipe for anxiety. It doesn't help that my work friends are clearing their schedules for my funeral the following week... It's all in good fun, though. We'll see what happens!

QOTD:
What race are you most excited to run this year...2022? (Or to try to sign up for.)

ATTQOTD:
I am excited for Springtime Surprise, my first runDisney non-MW race. But I am hopeful to get picked for the Celiac-Charity Team for the New York Marathon. Applied last year and ended up as an alternate, so fingers crossed for this year. (Both my daughters have Celiac so it is such a great opportunity!)

QOTD:

ATTQOTD: I just decided to sign up for Wine & Dine, so that is exciting. I need to find a goal race in October or November (likely a half marathon) to get excited about as well! I feel like after running Disney multiple times, it is hard to name a "favorite" race that is elsewhere!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter