The Running Thread—2023

April Running:
Total distance: 117 miles
Average pace: 10:31/mi

Finished up my DopeyBadger training plan by running the Broad Street 10 Miler today! Now I have some maintenance training coming up until I start my training plan for the Chicago Marathon over the summer. Finished the Broad Street Run at 1:30:06, when my A goal was under 1:30:00. I'm doing my best not to be salty about it, it's still a PR by over 6 minutes.

Last edited:

April Running:

Finished up my DopeyBadger training plan by running the Broad Street 10 Miler today! Now I have some maintenance training coming up until I start my training plan for the Chicago Marathon over the summer. Finished the Broad Street Run at 1:30:08, when my A goal was under 1:30:00. I'm doing my best not to be salty about it, it's still a PR by over 6 minutes.
Oooh! 6min PR! Congrats!!

April Miles = 115

Pretty low miles again this month. My longest run was the Toy Story 10 Miler. At least I have been consistent so far this year. And my 100 mile per month streak is still alive @ 62 months.

January Miles = 113
February Miles = 113
March Miles = 116

2023 Total = 457

April Running:

Finished up my DopeyBadger training plan by running the Broad Street 10 Miler today! Now I have some maintenance training coming up until I start my training plan for the Chicago Marathon over the summer. Finished the Broad Street Run at 1:30:06, when my A goal was under 1:30:00. I'm doing my best not to be salty about it, it's still a PR by over 6 minutes.
Congratulations on your race 🥳
How will you celebrate your great PR achievement?

April 2023 totals
Distance: 180.7km (112mi)
Average pace: 6m35s/km (10:37/mi)
YTD: 730km on 2023km

April was very busy running wise but not excessive in terms of volume.

On April 8th, after 3 years of postponements, DH, DD15 and I had the 5k du Marathon des Érables, now renamed 5k du Demi-Marathon de St-Jean sur Richelieu. Due to an ice storm, we had lost power for over 60 hours prior. It was a stressful week. So we woke up that morning in a dark 53°F house thinking that it would be better to go running (the race was in a non affected zone) than to stay at home! Forget about any routine, there was no hot water for a shower, no coffee… We arrived early enough. It was a beautiful 36°F day. We picked up our bib and warmed-up together but raced separately. I ran a PR, by 19 seconds, and finished second in my age group 🥳 DH is first in his age group and DD is second woman overall. Makes us realize where she takes some of her abilities!
F0646147-7077-4F0D-B952-C61ADA61B392.jpeg

DD and I left the 12th for the runDisney Springtime Surprise Challenge on which I previously wrote a report. We landed late and went to bed at 3AM on April 18th.

On the 22nd, DD also had a 5k at the 21k de Montréal. She had been invited because of her performance last year. She went because a friend was running the HM and she wanted to encourage him but in the end, it was the reverse that happened, she found her wings. Like last year, she finished third. She was happy to have gone in the end because they gave the winners an Asics goody bag (water bottle, massage ball, stress ball, heat pad and phone tripod).

So between all of this, I am happy to have trained the way I did this month. I am now entering the peak of my training cycle with the objective of running and still have fun during the Ottawa 59.2k Challenge on May 27-28.

Oooh! 6min PR! Congrats!!
Thank you!
Awesome PR. Congrats!
Thank you too!
Congratulations on your race 🥳
How will you celebrate your great PR achievement?
I spent the rest of the day on the couch eating everything within reach!
Congratulations on a great time in spite of the rain! Ppl on social media looked drenched
I’d be lying if I said I didn’t consider just pulling out as I passed my building at about mile 6! My warm apartment was calling. :crazy:Glad I stuck with it though.

I'm doing my best not to be salty about it, it's still a PR by over 6 minutes.
Woo hoo! 6 minute PR! Congrats!
I ran a PR, by 19 seconds, and finished second in my age group 🥳 DH is first in his age group and DD is second woman overall. Makes us realize where she takes some of her abilities!
Congrats to the whole family. Y’all did great! And yay to another PR!

April 2023 Totals
Running Distance: 39.83 miles (It will be really nice when this is my mileage for the week again instead of for the month)
Running Time: 8:56:23
Traditional Strength Training Time: 8:09:37
Core Training: 3:10:27
HIIT: 1:49:27
Yoga/Pilates: 4:59:32

May 2023

Running Totals

Miles - 84.5
Runs - 16
Total Time - 14:35:14
Average HR - 144
Average Pace - 10:22

Running is OK - not up to Dopey training levels, but I'm happy with almost 85 miles for the month. I'm mainly floating along with no races on the calendar. I felt good this week, but overall I don't feel particularly strong when running - I feel sore the next day, even though all my runs are in the easy range and I do sprints maybe once/week. I don't know if it is a remnant of Dopey (early January) or COVID (late January) or the time I put into strength training when I didn't before (started lifting at the end of March).

Strength Training Totals
Workouts - 21
Total Time - 9:48:46
Average HR - 104

I kept up with my five days/week strength training! Yay me! Leg day is the longest at around 35-40 minutes, but otherwise, it is only 20-25 minutes, so I have been able to find the time to do it. I'm doing my current five days/week plan for at least six weeks (that's this week). I might combine some muscle groups and cut back to four days/week next week. Not sure.

Dog Walking Totals
Walks - 6
Miles - 5.39
Total Time - 1:50:14

I need to walk my lab more, but I hate leaving the puppy (10 months today!). The puppy is a wirehaired pointing griffon, and he'll be a great running partner once I get him better leash trained, but I'm waiting until after 12/15 months before intentionally taking him on a run. Right now, he's just a speed demon in the yard chasing the ball.

In total, over 26 hours of exercise. I think I'll call it a success, though I see those 9 hours of lifting and think how that could have been 50 more miles of running...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter