The Royal Wedding

Will you get up early/stay up late to watch the live coverage of the Royal Wedding?

• Yes, I wouldn't miss it for the world

• Only if I have a similar bout of insomnia

• Not if you tied me to a chair and taped my eyes open

Results are only viewable after voting.
Depends on the time ~ I'll DVR it for sure. My DH is English although I'm sure DD & I are more interested.

I plan on DVRing it, but I will also be going into the hospital to be induced on the 29th, so I may end up watching some of it while that is going on.

Oh yes! But I am a royalist and swedish too, I loved the Swedish Crown Princess wedding and I have been following the preparations for this wedding.
Disney Channel in Sweden is announcing that they will show is showing the Pocahontas and Tinkerbell movies in their honor. I don't really know what Pocahontas and Tinkerbell has to do with William and Kate... but oh well!

I love all princesses, Disney and real!

I get up at 4:30 am for work anyway so a few minutes earlier won't hurt me.

You know this morning I got up and turned on the local news, in the first 12 minutes I heard,

A promising honor student was shot and killed on Easter by stray gunfire
2 policement were found guilty of extortion and brutality after years of arresting prostitues and forcing them to have sex in exchange for letting them go.
2 deaths by auto accident.
along with the normal wars in Libya, Syria, afghanastain.
and the skyrocketing gas prices

And this is a pretty normal day. So you know what, I think a little pomp and pagentry would actually put a smile on my face for once.

Isn't that the truth? It will be nice to see something happy on the television. I can't wait! I remember watching Charles and Diana's wedding and Andrew and Sarah's wedding. I visited England as an exchange student in 1983 when William was only a year old, so I feel like I have watched him grow up! I will DVR it too so I can go back and watch it. LOL!

I will be up and watch with my daughter. For me I just love weddings whether royal or not. I watch all the silly wedding shows on TV this is just a grander version of those shows.

I also love the comparisons to Diana. He is Diana's son according to the media. No one ever mentions Camilla and her wedding. I hope he has a little girl named Diana.

I won't be watching it because I'll be driving to WDW:cool1: Even if I was home I wouldn't be watching it. Sounds like a snooze-fest to me. I can't wait until it's over so I can stop hearing about it. Just curious why so many Americans seem excited for this wedding? :confused3I can understand here in Canada a little more because we are technically part of the common wealth. If my history is correct didn't the Americans cut all ties in 1784;)It just seems to be blown way our of porportion.

As one of the specials said, the British "do pomp and circumstance" like NO ONE else, and with these weddings all stops are pulled out. It's pretty amazing, IMO.

I was a preteen when C&D were married, and except for her ghastly dress it was a pretty wedding, and now their son is getting married...it's life and it's neat.

When any sort of "dynastic" family has weddings, it's interesting to see them. And since presidents are only around 4-8 years, if they are lucky, we don't really get to see much of that in our leaders. So why not be interested in someone else's "dynasty"?

I will most definitely be waking up early to watch this wedding. I am so excited to see her dress, I know the whole thing is going to be amazing.

I'm another that is up then anyway and I'm sure it will be pretty extravagant so I'll watch. I guess that I'm just enough of a romantic that I can't resist and just enough of a cynic that I hate myself for it.

Really, I can't even think of it without a sense of dread of what their lives will turn into now that they are the new "Public Relations Face" of the Royal family.

I watch the news while I'm getting ready for work in the morning, so I'm sure I will catch some highlights. But I wouldn't go out of my way to wake up early or record the wedding.

I'm going to DVR it!.......... I value my sleep too much. :goodvibes Sorry Kate and William!......... This way I can fast forward the boring parts!

Won't be staying up to watch, but will record it so we can watch the interesting bits.

My daughter and I will definitely be watching! She's insisting we decorate our family room, so I'm breaking out my supply of shower decorations (they don't all match, but to her 7 year old eyes it'll be lovely!). She wants to wear hats, too, while we watch but I'll see how long that lasts. Then we have an after-school reservation for tea. We can't wait!

It's my DD's prom day, so I took the day off anyway and will DVR it and as soon as everyone is off to school will sit and watch it. I honestly just want to see the dress, I think there will probably be too much TV coverage of the event for me. I remember watching Charles and Diana with my mom.

No one does pomp and circumstance like the Brits!!!! My daughter and I watched Charles and Diana's and though we r now living in different states:wizard::wizard: we will watch it "together". Folks this is a REAL FAIRY TALE!!!

I'm not planning on watching it. I'm sure I'll catch some of it on the news though.

I'll probably wake up in the middle of it (that's my pattern lately) but either way I'm setting my DVR so DD6 can see it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter