• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Ridemax Made Me Take That Wheelchair December 2009 Trip Report updated 4/23

More Great pics!!!

I can't believe how much you got done Ridemax rocks :woohoo:

It does sound like your waitress at Ohana was a bit kooky, but sure she meant well :rotfl:

Hey! I am signing up. I cannot wait to hear about your trip. I like to see what others were doing while we were there at the same time. I think we were at MK the same day. Too funny. I can't wait to hear about the Contemporary pitstop. We are staying there in December. My husband actually surprised me and upgraded to the Poly on our December trip this last year. It was great, but now I am spoiled with the monorail. Can't wait to hear more!! Oh,by the way, I read your other post on possibly going back in June. I think you should go for it! If no one else really wants to go, I see no reason why you should not just take Poot. I, somehow, talked my DH into taking the kids back in May this year for their surprise birthday present. I guess he must not have hated it to go back two times this year. I just love how it makes my kids react. They absolutely were in heaven and I think it is worth it to see them that happy.

Erin - I'm here... and someday I will start my own TR! :rolleyes:

That is pretty scary that you got on the plane and someone from another flight was in your seat - WAY TO GO gate checker person! ...and for that to happen after the whole "will we, won't we" and shelling out the extra $100... phew! Poor Justin, I would have been sick too!

Magic Kingdom sounds like it was a hit! Can't wait to hear more!

P.S. - I had such a blast meeting you and your family. You're children are beautiful, intelligent and have been raised right - good job Momma! :goodvibes

Here, here, here!!! :yay:

So you never told me about the plane thing, LOL I had to hear it from my husband!!

I'm terrible, I just got my PhotoPass CD (but all the pics are on facebook) but I haven't looked at any of the pictures I took. I guess I should do that, I do have some awesome pictures of us taking off that I should put in my TR (I promise I will have something started by tonight-I know I'm such a slacker!)

Anyway, I love the pics of all the kids on the rides. And I can't wait till the next and best installment!! Yeah, that's right, that's when your new family starts to join you!!!

Okay, up and running, only got through my first day. Although day 2 should be a good one. It was pouring and that was our drink around the world. We started off strong and even had pictures of all our drinks. It all went down hill after sake in Japan...

Darn recession! :headache:

Exactly!!! It is a shame!

LOVE the pictures---of course when it comes to Disney I LOVE all pictures. Looking at the Poly brings back memories of when I stayed there thirty years ago...yes THIRTY years ago--hard to believe. At any rate I'm subscribing :)

Thank you very much! Welcome! I would love to someday stay at the Poly!!!

More Great pics!!!

I can't believe how much you got done Ridemax rocks :woohoo:

It does sound like your waitress at Ohana was a bit kooky, but sure she meant well :rotfl:

Thanks!

It did work really well! It will get us through day 2 and then it gets put to bed, though!

She was a few cards short of a full deck I think, but really nice!!

Hey! I am signing up. I cannot wait to hear about your trip. I like to see what others were doing while we were there at the same time. I think we were at MK the same day. Too funny. I can't wait to hear about the Contemporary pitstop. We are staying there in December. My husband actually surprised me and upgraded to the Poly on our December trip this last year. It was great, but now I am spoiled with the monorail. Can't wait to hear more!! Oh,by the way, I read your other post on possibly going back in June. I think you should go for it! If no one else really wants to go, I see no reason why you should not just take Poot. I, somehow, talked my DH into taking the kids back in May this year for their surprise birthday present. I guess he must not have hated it to go back two times this year. I just love how it makes my kids react. They absolutely were in heaven and I think it is worth it to see them that happy.

Hi!!! Welcome!! Are you doing a TR? I'd like to hear about your trip also! The Contemporary will come into play about half way through. It is beautiful. Mmmmmm....the Poly looks gorgeous!!! Thanks...I am going to go back in June. I actually think my best friend (who is Logan's godmother) is going to go with us. We are actually thinking about staying at the Contemporary then, too! Yep...Logan is the one that likes it most. And, my friend has not been there since she was a child. She actually is most excited about the fireworks...she loves them!

Erin - I'm here... and someday I will start my own TR! :rolleyes:

That is pretty scary that you got on the plane and someone from another flight was in your seat - WAY TO GO gate checker person! ...and for that to happen after the whole "will we, won't we" and shelling out the extra $100... phew! Poor Justin, I would have been sick too!

Magic Kingdom sounds like it was a hit! Can't wait to hear more!

P.S. - I had such a blast meeting you and your family. You're children are beautiful, intelligent and have been raised right - good job Momma! :goodvibes

Hi Jen!!!! We have a little way to go until you get in this report!!

Yeah...the whole plane thing was insane from on the way there to actually taking off!

Yep...MK was great! I was disappointed at first that Justin didn't feel well and couldn't go with us that day, but then it was kind of nice to spend that little bit of time alone with my kids!!

We had a great time meeting you guys also. I wish we would have had some more time together! But, we managed to catch a parade, a meal and a safari...not so bad I guess!! Thank you so much! I think those kids are turning out ok! Lexi LOVED Little Miss Madi!!! She is too cute!

Here, here, here!!! :yay:

So you never told me about the plane thing, LOL I had to hear it from my husband!!

I'm terrible, I just got my PhotoPass CD (but all the pics are on facebook) but I haven't looked at any of the pictures I took. I guess I should do that, I do have some awesome pictures of us taking off that I should put in my TR (I promise I will have something started by tonight-I know I'm such a slacker!)

Anyway, I love the pics of all the kids on the rides. And I can't wait till the next and best installment!! Yeah, that's right, that's when your new family starts to join you!!!

Hey friend!!!

I think I tried to block that plane situation out of my mind for a minute!!! That gossip queen Greg!! LOL (Speaking of Greg...where are you???)

LOL I had my CD for about a month now!!!! My own pix are all edited and ready to load to photobucket!! Who is on top of things??!! Just kidding...that is not the norm for me!!!

Thanks! I am putting up that next installment at some point today. You are right...it is a good one...it features a pina colava!!! WooHooooooo!!! Oh yeah...and that awesome waiter in the lounge! LOL

Oh yeah I'm in. Can't wait to hear about the ridemax stuff too. :thumbsup2

It doesn't have a long lifespan, but you will hear a bit more! Trust me...the rest of the trip was more exciting than just the ridemax info!!! LOL

Okay, up and running, only got through my first day. Although day 2 should be a good one. It was pouring and that was our drink around the world. We started off strong and even had pictures of all our drinks. It all went down hill after sake in Japan...

I went over...checked it out...commented and now am going to try to get the rest of my day 1 ready to post!!

LOL, okay something funny happened with my trip report, it sort of disappeared. So the new link is in my signature, you have to comment again!

So, when we last left off, we had met Justin at the boat launch to go from POR to DTD. I think we waited maybe 10 minutes at the very most for the water taxi. The ride from POR to DTD is actually a really nice ride. We stopped at POFQ on the way to pick passengers up there, then finished our trip. When we were waiting at the dock, a very nice couple came behind us. They were celebrating their 30th anniversary in WDW. We talked to them the whole ride. I find that we meet the nicest people in WDW. Anyway, the sun was out, the temperature was perfect and we were sitting for at least a little while.

I don't remember how long exactly the ride was, but when we pulled up to the DTD dock, we headed for Wolfgang Puck. Now, remember...my camera battery died so no pictures in this post. When we got into Wolfgang Puck's (which is a pretty long walk from the dock), they took us right to our table. The restaurant was not busy at all. We love this place and just figured it was because of the time of day. Honestly, this place is probably one of the best values for one table service credit on the dining plan in all of Disney. As usual, our meal was AMAZING! I had the crab cake for my appetizer and the macadamia nut crusted chicken for my main course. Both were great! Justin had the spring rolls for his appetizer and the same chicken for his meal. He managed to eat the spring rolls, but could not eat the chicken. So, we took that along with our desserts back to the room. We both ordered the carrot cake. I did manage to eat most of mine later on in the trip and it was great! I'll just stick to our meals and not the kids' for this trip.

After eating our yummy meal (well some of us ate anyway), we headed to the bus stop to get back to POR. I really wanted to do some shopping, but Justin still didn't feel well and the kids and I hadn't had much sleep. So, we went back to the room to rest...we had a Dis meet later that night!!

I think it was within about 10 minutes that we were all sleeping. That nap was great. We didn't stay asleep too long...maybe an hour or hour and a half.

Once everyone was up and around, we got ready to head down to the Riverroost Lounge. My phone went off while we were getting ready and it was a text from Nicole (nic100308) that they would meet us there. So, out the door we went. It took about 5 (or maybe a little more) minutes to get to the main building from our building. The resort is a bit like a maze. Before meeting them, we had to stop in the resort gift shop. Justin needed to get some Alka Seltzer for his whatever was going on. Well, the kids all had money and had not bought anything yet. So, they HAD to get something. James got candy, Lexi got several pins and Logan got a Star Wars potato head. It actually was a good thing. We were going to be visiting with Nicole and Greg for a bit and they could keep busy.

Gift shop purchases paid for, we were ready to go next door to the Riverroost Lounge. I have to admit, I was a little nervous to meet Nicole and Greg at first. Those nerves, they lasted about 2 seconds. Meeting Nicole was like seeing an old friend. We truly just clicked (for lack of a better term). They had snagged a nice little table with little couches and a few chairs. It was plenty of room for all of us.

We had a great waiter. He got Justin a water so he could take his medicine and was joking with us and having a good time. So, Nicole and I were chatting, Justin and Greg were talking I think about those stinking Yankees. The kids wanted to go to the arcade. So, I gave James some money and put him in charge of his brother and sister. They went off and played some games for a bit. After taking the Alka Seltzer, Justin seemed to feel a little better. Good enough to have a couple of beers at least. In fact, he got a Blue Moon. He was happy they had this one!! That was also when I had my first Pina Colava. It was love at first taste! Let me tell you...AWESOME! It was not a strong drink, but oh so good!!! I had two that night. I would have had more, but some how I was getting conned into taking Logan for a quick trip back to DTD. He really wanted to do the build your own light sabre. Appearantly sometime when I was delerious from lack of sleep, I promised we would do it that day. So, we had spent I think about two hours with Nicole and Greg and at about 10:00 left to go to get on a bus to Once Upon a Toy. Nicole and Greg both said they were tired anyway because that was their flight day. And, we would be seeing them in a few days...or sooner??!! I also later found out from Nicole that Greg thought I was crazy going over there that late! LOL A promise is a promise...even though I don't remember promising?!

The bus came pretty quickly. We got on and into the store we went. I looked around a bit while Justin helped Logan make the toy. He made the double-ended one (which had to be taken apart to get home).

Here are some pictures of the event:

IMG_3401.jpg

IMG_3402.jpg

IMG_3403-1.jpg

I had charged my battery during the nap we took earlier. We paid for that and off we went again. There was someone who looked like a manager opening the door for those of us leaving. It was about 11:05. On the way out, I asked what time they closed. She was very nice and said 11:00. I thought they closed at 11:30 and here we kept them past closing a few minutes. I swear, had I known, I would've rushed the boys a bit. But, I did apologize to the woman.

Anyway, we went to the bus stop. We waited FOREVER for the bus! It took more than 1/2 hour to get the bus. When one finally did come, we boarded and rode back to the resort. It was time for showers and bed. The kids quickly were clean and happy to go to sleep. We had another early morning the next day. Before I went to bed, I had to get the surprise gifts for the kids ready. After doing that, I set the alarm for 6:30 a.m. and off to sweet dreams.

Up next: Epcot, dodging rain drops and another Dis meet??

Also, here are the airport pictures I didn't have loaded before:

IMG_3312.jpg

IMG_3313.jpg

IMG_3314.jpg

IMG_3315.jpg

And, some photopass pictures from Day 1:

Image0001.jpg

Image0002.jpg

Image0007.jpg

Image0006.jpg

Image0005.jpg

Image0009.jpg

Thanks again for reading along!!!

I've seen a Wolfgang Puck's restaurant in the Indy airport but wondered just how good it was. We might have to try it if we get there this year :)

great pics, so glad you and Nic got to meet up and that it was like meeting an old friend. Has she started her TR yet? i need to look and find hers.

I LOVE Pina Colavas! I discovered them at the Poly bar and now I have to have one! They had them at AKL too (Boma, the bar etc.). I guess they will make them for you anywhere you ask though. YUM!!!:thumbsup2:worship:

lol at the light saber at 11pm. my DH made him a double sided one too! boys!:wizard:

I have to admit, I was a little nervous to meet Nicole and Greg at first. Those nerves, they lasted about 2 seconds. Meeting Nicole was like seeing an old friend. We truly just clicked (for lack of a better term). They had snagged a nice little table with little couches and a few chairs. It was plenty of room for all of us.

Umm, you forgot to add "And then the real awesomeness of our vacation began"...:thumbsup2

We really need to check out Wolfgang.I keep hearing so many good reviews of it:goodvibes

Glad your dismeet went well. I had the same butterflies for mine, but like yours, mine disappeared too within seconds :goodvibes

Steve helped Trent make a light saber too, double sided too...good times :rotfl:

You are such a good Mom going to build a light saber at that time of night and your hubbie must have been feeling better to have some drinks :thumbsup2

Fun report! I loved the pictures of building the light saber. My oldest dd and dh built a double sided one last February. It took them forever and then the cashier had to send them back to get a few pieces they missed. It was way more complicated than it looked! Your kids are precious, I love how your oldest doesn't want to smile in the pictures. Aren't those adolescents funny? They are just too cool to smile sometimes! I hope your hubby feels better by the next installment, being sick on vacation stinks!

Thank you!!!! He is great! Such a fun kid! He would keep you rolling if he were your student! In fact, his reading teacher's daughter is in his class. Logan has this other girl Angelina in his class that he always writes about in his kid writing...they "go to the mall" or they "saw a rainbow" or "played on the playground"...basically whatever comes to his mind. Well, the reading teacher told us that if any boy in the class were to write about her daughter, she would want it to be Logan!! LOL He's a Cassanova!! Last Friday, we saw his bus driver at Panera Bread. He was flirting with her and all of her friends that were eating with her. She stopped by our table before leaving and asked us if Logan told us that he had been voted "cutest kid on the bus"?? We said no, but that was pretty funny!! Meanwhile, Lexi goes on to tell us that she didn't think he was the cutest...that there was one other boy that she felt beat him out!! LOL Sister! Anyway, sorry to go on about him...he just special!!!

I would vote him cutest kid on the bus :)

Great update!! What a fun-filled day!! Don't you just LOVE DIS meets?! Sooo much fun!! Glad you hit it off so well with Nicole! And I can't believe you went to DD so late!! WOW! I didn't realize the shops were open so late! :goodvibes

I have had the Pina colava before it is yummo. I'm happy you got to meet and hang out with Nic, am I a bit jealous of you both? Yup, yup I am.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter