The return of AFTER DARK! Sweethearts, Villains, and Star Wars

Thanks for the tip about the expo! Grand California was all booked up but I booked Disneyland hotel for 1000 cheaper then I paid with Disney. Does anyone know if any proof is required when booking a expo room.

I read the fine print and did not see anything that said proof of going to the expo was required or anything. I booked one night at the Grand for the Villain party night on the 8th.

I have a ticket for Sweethearts Nite on the 8th. I’m gonna be at DL the 7th-12th. Anyone know what happens between 7 and 8 PM? Do the rides keep running and is it only people with party tickets that can go on rides then? Just wondering if I should for sure plan on finishing at DCA on the 10th when I don’t go to the party.

Also got a Star Wars Nite ticket for May 3rd! Anyone think there’s a chance Hyperspace could come back this year?

For these theme nights where it says “early park admission at 5pm” does that mean they are closing the park at 5pm to regular guests?

For these theme nights where it says “early park admission at 5pm” does that mean they are closing the park at 5pm to regular guests?
No. The park closes to regular guests approximately 1 hour before the afterhours event begins. The way it has been handled in the past is there are checkpoints where CM's check to see if you have credentials (lanyard or wristband) for the afterhours event starting 1 hour before the event occurs. If you don't, they don't let you go past the checkpoint and start pushing you towards the exit. If the afterhours event starts at 8pm, the regular day guests will start to be pushed towards the exit at 7pm.

I have a ticket for Sweethearts Nite on the 8th. I’m gonna be at DL the 7th-12th. Anyone know what happens between 7 and 8 PM? Do the rides keep running and is it only people with party tickets that can go on rides then? Just wondering if I should for sure plan on finishing at DCA on the 10th when I don’t go to the party.

Also got a Star Wars Nite ticket for May 3rd! Anyone think there’s a chance Hyperspace could come back this year?
The way it has been handled in the past is there are checkpoints where CM's check to see if you have credentials (lanyard or wristband) for the afterhours event starting 1 hour before the event occurs. If you don't, they don't let you go past the checkpoint and start pushing you towards the exit. If the afterhours event starts at 8pm, the regular day guests will start to be pushed towards the exit at 7pm.

The rides keep running between 7 and 8pm. I don't recall if the regular day guests are allowed to get in line during this time. I do remember that if you were already in line during this time period without credentials for the afterhours event, you got to go on the ride. When I go the day of an afterhours event, I have always had a ticket for the event so I did not have to worry about not being let on rides during this 1 hour window. Maybe someone who only had the regular day ticket can answer if they let them get in line for rides from 7 to 8pm.

Headsup to those going to the SW night on 5/27, the Star Wars celebration (conf/comicon thing) in Anaheim just moved their dates from Aug to the 5/26-5/29. Ergo, besides Memorial Day weekend crowds, we will also have special conf crowd :(

Headsup to those going to the SW night on 5/27, the Star Wars celebration (conf/comicon thing) in Anaheim just moved their dates from Aug to the 5/26-5/29. Ergo, besides Memorial Day weekend crowds, we will also have special conf crowd :(

The date change was announced quite a while ago, in May 2021. That’s presumably why there is a party on 5/27 (same as the 2020 party was scheduled during the Celebration that was supposed to take place then).

Last edited:
The date change was announced quite a while ago, in May 2021. That’s presumably why there is a party on 5/27 (same as the 2020 party was scheduled during the Celebration that was supposed to take place then).
oh did’t realize. My son had been watching it and he said it was in August before.

Question: we need to add the special night tickets to our Disneyland app right ?
Can we add the tickets to multiple accs so everyone has access to everyones.

Did anyone notice if they allowed you to use a Disney gift card to pay for these special event tickets? I'm wondering if the Oogie Boogie Halloween party tickets will allow it and thought this might give me a clue. Thanks!

Did anyone notice if they allowed you to use a Disney gift card to pay for these special event tickets? I'm wondering if the Oogie Boogie Halloween party tickets will allow it and thought this might give me a clue. Thanks!

Yes it was an option

Question: we need to add the special night tickets to our Disneyland app right ?
Can we add the tickets to multiple accs so everyone has access to everyones.
You don’t have to but you certainly can. As long as you have the ticket barcode in the confirmation email you can get in. But it’s definitely more convenient when you get to the park if the tickets are all in the app to pull up. I’m pretty sure you can add them to multiple accounts. I’m solo on most of my trips so in my app I just have my magic key, my Sweethearts Nite ticket, and my Star Wars Nite ticket all scanned in and ready to pull up when I get there

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter