The Resort Mug Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rescue Ranger

"Please stand clear of the doors... Por favor mant
Whats the status of those refillable resort mugs? I've been reading a lot of conflicting reports on them. The last one I picked up was at Port Orleans back in 1999. The CM there at the time told me it was good forever, anytime you stay at that particular resort for both hot and cold drinks. I believe it was around $12 at the time if I remember correctly.

Now, is what she told me true, can I bring my 2000 mug back and use it? Have things changed? How much are they now? Not that I mind having to pay another $12, because that's a great value, but I would just like to make sure and if I was given the correct information.

The official policy is that mugs are to be used for the duration of your visit.

You are correct--back when the first started the mugs, we were also told they were good at the particular resort "forever."

I had taken mugs back to resorts that were 2-3 years old, and nothing has ever been said to me about it. However, it may be different now as apparently each year is going to have its own mug--not each resort.

The official policy has changed several times since then

First it went to the mugs being good at the resort you purchased them at for the length of your stay only.....

Now with the YOAMD mug it is good at any resort for the length of your current visit...

I also want to remind people that this is not a subject for debate here on the resorts board - (warning only issued because this has been such a volitile subject in the past)

The refillable mugs are available for $11.99. I think the refillable mugs is just an honesty issue. I just got back from MK and staying at POP I did see people carrying their cups in to the parks. Whether they used them there or not, I don't know. I know at some places in the parks you can get refills. While at POP, I did see people using cups from previous years. I didn't see anyone stop them from reusing the old cups. They were selling the "A Year of A Million Dreams" mugs. I read on another post that they were still using these from 2006 and into 2007 since this promotion is still going on and until the new 2008 mugs come out. Being as environmental conscious as Disney is, I don't see them throwing them out.

I remember not to long ago that the mugs had bar codes on them and while we were in line they were checking them. Does anybody else remember that. It had to be at Wl or AKL.

Thanks for the fill-in. Price seems good still at least!

The mug isnt in the greatest condition anymore anyway, so an upgrade isnt that bad, especially if its good for all resorts now.

At our stay at POFQ I saw people using the new mugs, the old POR mugs, Pop Century mugs and more.No one was reprimaned either. Use your own discretion.

I too was unclear to the policy as I have seen/heard so many different things regarding it, and posted on this earlier... and I can tell you it is a hot topic:headache: ... people think you are trying to pull a fast one for it! so beware! :cool2:

I think the problem is that there are to many conflicting reports:rolleyes: ... this isn't jsut with the mugs either! Oh well... I am still going:yay: (the mug issue won't stop me..lol) and I will buy 2 more this visit! :thumbsup2

CSR is still selling their own resort mugs in the Pepper Market as of 9/18. Just an FYI...

CSR is still selling their own resort mugs in the Pepper Market as of 9/18. Just an FYI...

I was just going to ask about this.
We'll be staying at ASMU and WL (one night) before heading to CSR for 5 nights. If we can't use our YOMD mugs at CSR I don't want to buy some when we get to ASMU - not worth it for only 2 days.

Is it acceptable to use YOMD mugs at CSR or should we wait until we get there to buy the Pepper Market ones?

Thanks for your help :)

Just a reminder that posting the popcorn icon usually gets the thread shut down quickly.

Thank you, if everyone would simply post the policy as Trekker did and refrain from the baiting or encouragement of disregarding said policy and popcorn munching these things could be treated with an adult attitude.:thumbsup2

Maybe a stupid question, but are they still insulated mugs? One time when we were at the Caribbean Beach they were selling 2 types. Thank!!

need to know, why is the popcorn a threat? i have used this when i want to see what reply will come next instead of 'bumping'. am i doing something wrong:confused3 . i don't want to get in trouble so let me know.
also, with the threat of getting a few angrey frowns, can you use your mug from other years. i'm not real clear on this. we have always bought new ones but if it is done, hey, i'm into saving $60.00. i think i'm getting that it is not the 'offical' policy but do people do it?:flower3:

No you can't use your mugs from previous trips. If you want to follow the thread you can subscribe to the thread. No popcorn needed.

The only problem you'll encounter is on this board. Take your mug. Disney wants you to be " happy" .

No you can't use your mugs from previous trips. If you want to follow the thread you can subscribe to the thread. No popcorn needed.

Safetymom-No mug issue, just noticed your ticker said one day till cruise! Hope you have a wonderful time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter