The Remy Thread-Chefs de France (schedule in 1st post)

I'm totally not in the know but I need to know. Has dinner at CDF turned into a character meal? Does Remy do this walk around during dinner hours? Not to be a downer but I love their food, I don't need entertainment. If that's the case I may be giving up a ressie in 3 weeks.

I'm with the last poster. I am in no way knocking anyone on this thread and I know how the tone of posts can get off track. Really I'm just curious. What is the big deal? Is it just a little stuffed animal?

Debbie

From what i have read and seen, he's a tiny animatronic Rat on a table with a silver covering dish. A CM rolls te cart around and he talks to people. Also, he is not there after 6pm, or on sundays.

From what i have read and seen, he's a tiny animatronic Rat on a table with a silver covering dish. A CM rolls te cart around and he talks to people. Also, he is not there after 6pm, or on sundays.

Ah, ok. It sounds cute. I thought it was this huge character that walked around. I obviously have not seen the movie. Thank you for the clarification

i saw him at lunch the last week of september. everyone loved him. if you go for just dessert be warned, they seem to work him around up and down each aisle, so if he isnt near you when you get there he may not have time to make it to your table before your done.

the deal is he is anamatronic, his handler controls him with a "hidden" remote, i say hidden cause we figured it out pretty easy. he was with an adorable french man and they interact with you as a team. like if you ask to take a photo, he may put the lid over and lean on it and they so oh, you wanted a photo of him? ok i guess what do you think remy? and then the remy would gesture with his hands and nose and make little noises. if you like the movie you will love him. everyone was going nuts for him when i was there, i would have taken him home if i could.

i want to see Remy! Ratatouille is one of my favourite Disney movies. i hope he is still there at the end of 2010.

I just read somewhere that Remy will be there indefinitely.

We saw him on Oct 1st and thought he was so cute. Our 5yr old Grandson was so surprised and thrilled to see him. His Mom got a great picture of the biggest smile...great memories.

We saw Remy for lunch on Tuesday (Oct 6th). We did not have advanced reservations and walked in. An adorable French woman walked pushed the cart around to each table and asked, "Would you like to meet the chef". Remy then made gestures and squeaking noises. The kids thought it was super cute. She didn't stay by each table very long, but allowed you to take pictures and to see Remy for a few minutes. I asked a man in a suit, who appeared to be a manager, how much longer Remy was staying. He said he had no idea, and could only confirm that Remy was there that day.

Hope he's there in January when we go! I booked lunch on Sat. And I hope my family doesn't get to freaked when he appears as I plan to surprise them :)

We saw Remy during lunch on 10/1. It was adorable! For those afraid it will turn the place into a big character dining experience, it was very subtle. The whole experience - from Remy, to the service, to the food - was one of our favorite meals of the trip.

Just wondering if anyone has any recent info on Remy showing up? Will be making ADR's in the next day or two and would like to know if I should book. If so, what time does he usually show up? I know I'm asking for alot, but I figured it was worth a try!
Thank you all!
Elaine

We saw Remy on Sept 25 and Oct 5 and he was delightful. Everyone around us was pleased to see him.

As the PP said, it's low keyed and not very intrusive. It's only a few minutes during your meal as he visits your table and the ones nearby.

We had lunch on our first visit and dinner on our second. The food was delicious and the service was very attentive during both visits.

Kim T :figment:

If so, have you heard how long he'll be there? We are going on October 28 for a week and hope to see him!

Thank goodness he is still there. He's the best thing about Chefs de France! What an incredibly ordinary meal, and an exhorbitant price!

They should let Chef Remy take over the back if they want real improvement.

He will be there "indefinitely." No telling what that means exactly.

Booking info: Remy appears at various times between 12:30 PM and 6 PM. I think he had six or seven appearances in which he makes his way around the restaurant, visiting tables. He does not appear after 6 PM and he does not appear on Sundays.

Remy speaks "rat" but his maitre'd will translate for him.

Just wanted to let folks know that we met Remy during our 12:30 lunch reservation on October 19.

It is short and done well -- he and his handler were delightful.

For folks new to this -- a waiter comes to the table pushing a tray with a dome. The dome is removed, and Remy sits amongst grapes and cheese. The waiter makes general conversation, introducing Remy. Remy squeaks a little and sniffs - the waiter does offer to pose for pictures with Remy. But, it's a short presentation, low key -- well done.

Judy

I/m not sure if anyone saw this, but in the comment the guy gives the times that Remy appears...

"I’m told 12:30, 1:40, 2:50 and 5:20 when “Chef Remy” makes appearances at the restaurant."

"FYI – shows are daily Monday through Saturday."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter