The Regency in NYC

PamOKW

<font color=green>The two most important items for
I was wondering if anyone had traded into the Regency in NY. I know it's awonderful hotel but I'm curious about first-hand experiences. I'd especially like to know how the rooms are set up -- two full (or larger) beds? Bed and a sleeper sofa, etc.

Anybody?

I just spent 4 glorious nights there at the beginning of July!

It's a great location! The room was fabulous!

We had a kitchenette with a microwave and half fridge! Our room had two double beds. A sitting area with a table and two chairs.

There was also a chair and ottoman. We had friends stay with us for two of the nights and they provided a cot.

Bathroom could have been larger but lived with it! I'm used to having no counter space, just like home!

I have pics posted on the Misc. Board. I will find them and post here.

BRB

http://w12.photobucket.com/widgets/...featurename=NYCLoewsRegency&pa=/a204/DVCDIVA/

j

Wow! I got lucky with such a recent trip report with photos no less!

Did you book the "superior" or the "luxury" room? I'm not sure what the difference is. I'm looking to have 3 people share the room so I'll need to be sure we have at least the 2 doubles. Did they confirm with you what type of bedding you'd have? A king room won't work for me. What you had would be ideal.

How far in advance did you book? This will be kind of a last minute trip for me.

Mulling over offering a night's stay after I go with my brother's family to a Yankee game, instead of just driving home. (I know it's not near Yankee Stadium but would make a "weekend" of the trip.)

Thanks again for such a quick response and the photos are great!

Pam

Pam,

According to my ressie confirmation, I had the "superior" room. I did request 2 double beds when I made the ressie thru MS. They also have rooms with 2 twin beds. I think the "luxury" rooms were the suites.

I booked this way in advance due to the fact that I received their special for book 3 nights get 1 free! It cost me a total of 171 pts which was prefect since I was cash poor at the time!LOL

I would give MS a call to check availability. The place seemed busy but another friend did manage to get a room a week prior to the first July weekend thru Hotwire.

DD recommends the Pokeman Pancakes for breakfast! They offer free coffee downstairs in the morning and water and lemonade during the day plus apples! We arrived at @ 11:00am and the room was ready which was a bonus!

Hope this helps.

j

Hey Pam,
My DH & I also traded points for the Regency last October for a romantic anniversary trip. I can't add more than what scratch posted except we got a room with 1 queen bed. ( I did mention to ms that it was an anniversary celebration). Service at the hotel was outstanding, location prime. You'll love it!!

My sister-in-law dates the GM of this hotel. We had a great night there last year and went to see Tony Danza in the lounge. It was a good show.

The food there is expensive but very good. But then again, we didn't pay.

This is one of the nicest hotels I have ever been to and we went there on a few sundays to have afternoon cocktails and always saw someone famous. The people I have seen in the lobby or leaving were Johnny Depp, David Spade, Barry Manilow and Pat O' Brien.

This was during last summer when we were going there on the weekends. Sorry I didn't answer your question, but this is a great place.

We stayed at the Regency on DVC points in early July. My husband had requested a king bed but we got 2 queens. I thought they told him that's all they had - I thought they meant ever but maybe they meant for the time we wanted. We booked fairly last minute. The room was very nice - bathroom a bit small as mentioned earlier and I really could have used a mirror in the main room but toughed it out.

Restaurants on premises looked very pricey and a bit snobby. We used to live in the city so we just hoofed it to local places we used to enjoy.

If you are driving in - beware - parking is $50/day.

Here is a little secret the Regency dosen't want anyone to know. They actually own the parking lot, but still charge $50.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter