• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~ The Real Housewives of Orange County ~ Season 12~ 2017 ~ JULY 10th

I think people need to cut Meghan some slack too. I don't take her actions with Hayley as trying to step on anyone's toes, but as being there because she was needed and trying to do her best to "parent" a teenager at the age of 30. Jim apparently left Hayley in Meghan's care, leaving her to make those decisions. LeAnn was very ill and I did not get the impression that she felt that Meghan had over stepped any boundaries. Quite the opposite actually. It seemed to me that she was not only supportive of her relationship with Hayley, but encouraged it. I think Meghan and LeAnn were very close and I doubt the hair color is going to be what people care about in the long run. Come on. The entire family is grieving, let them do it their way. Back to Meghan's relationship with Hayley, I think that she is/was stuck in a tough spot. She was left to be the parent while ol' Jimmy is off playing or doing whatever back in St. Louis and LeAnn was clearly too ill to be the full time parent. I don't know what stepdad's relationship with Hayley is, but leaving a lot of that responsibility on Meghan created a difficult situation for her. And when the ladies were saying she was inappropriate in her relationship with Meghan or whatever, that's just BS. I'm sorry, Tamra's opinions on the situation are tainted and have no relevance to the Meghan's relationships with LeAnn or Meghan.

wow they are running out of storylines
pretending Lizzie 'might be pregnant"-peeing on the stick...just to fill 10 minutes
then all the barfing-wheezing ...

Meghan was in a difficult and unique situation. The other ladies (Vicki and Tamra) need to keep their opinions about it to themselves. Tamra really is in no position to judge anyone. Her daughter choose Simon over her. Most of the time Meghan comes off as a immature, mean girl but she shows a lot of maturity with her relationship with Leanne. It couldn't have been easy to befriend the ex wife and then take over caring for a teen, especially at 30 and with little/no experience raising kids. There comes a time when the petty stuff just stops mattering and Leanne's illness was that time. Tamra could learn a thing or two from it. Maybe if she were a little more mature about Simon and his girlfriend and put the best interest of her kids first she'd have a better relationship with them.

Last nights episode was ridiculous. If I heard Vicki say "whoop it up" one more time I was going to throw a shoe at my tv. And then when she was screeching on the boat about the sharks.....really? You're on a bots, the shark was in the water. It's not going to jump into the boat. She screeched like that in Costa Rica about the monkey on the beach. Good lord, you're a 50-something year old woman. Stop acting like a child. She is so annoying.

Shannon.....ugh. Enough said.

Is there nothing else interesting about Lizzie that we have to wait for her to pee on a stick on national tv? Is that all bravo has for this chick? Why is she on the show?

As annoying as Meghan is I kind of felt bad for her last night. It's clear that she loves her step kids and there is nothing wrong with that. However, I thought crying because she wants to be their mother was a little over the top. I think it's great that as a step mom she has so much love for them. That doesn't always happen. And I thin that her relationship with Haley is probably more important than ever right now. The other kids from his second wife have a mother and she shouldn't try to be their mother. Being a loving and caring step mom is an important role especially if she doesn't see them all the time. But she can't try tho be their mother. That's going to land her in some hot water with the ex wife.

I know a lot of people don't like heather but I love her. I think she's hysterical!

I know the show is a lot of fluff...but... I wish one of the wives would have taken a few minutes and been kind to Meghan.
It would have been nice to tell that the love she has for her step kids is a beautiful thing, and it is enriching to their lives.
She's an important part of the circle of love that surrounds her step kids.

I have no idea if Mr. Baseball wants more kids, I hope they talked about it before getting married.

I have no sympathy for Mehgan. She is a great big narcissist. Jim's ex was dying and Mehgan's crying because she's not the kid's "real" mommy.

Oh, and the pink "look at me, fun hair" was just too much.

Nope. Nothing.

I finally watched last night. Man oh man...Vicki is just hammering these women who don't "work" as hard as she does. Who cares? Sheesh.

Shannon - OMG I'm so over her and the whining. Your husband cheated on you, but YOU chose to stay with him, YOU chose to stick it out. So, stop the whining, stop the oh woe is me I have been cheated on drama and move on. Constantly reminding him that you don't trust him, constantly crying and saying something triggered your "memories of the affair" etc, are certainly not helping your relationship. If you can't deal with it, get out. And for David, yeah, he is the one that cheated, so he has to deal with the consequences of those actions, but even so, Shannon acting the way she is at this point is probably wearing thin.

Heather makes me laugh. She is so pretentious and like another poster said, I'm not even sure she realizes how out of touch she is with the real world. LOL

Tamra is just same ol' Tamra, a little less nasty.

Yeah Shannon should just get over it. After all having your heart ripped from your chest & stomped on is pretty trivial. Go read survivinginfidelity.com you may get an idea of what it is to deal with an affair. She is very much acting as a BS(betrayed spouse) does. If you haven't been on your knees in a parking lot when the other woman outs the affair - you have no idea!

Tamara is a :stir:! But Meghan was ridiculous in trying to pick a fight with Shannon. Why would Meghan have any loyalty to Tamara? Tamara has bashed her more than once. Although, she didn't see it until airing. But still Tamara ripped her a new one with the wanting the stepkids to be hers. I don't get it.

Overall another snoozefest episode. I'm finding this season boring.

I find Meghan's feelings about her step children very "Gisele Bundchen", when she made this comment about her stepson from the relationship of Tom Brady and Bridget Moynahan..."...controversial comments Bündchen made to Vanity Fair about her bond with her new stepson. "I understand that he has a mom, and I respect that, but to me it's not like because somebody else delivered him, that's not my child," Bündchen told the magazine. "I feel like it is, 100 percent." I personally think it's disrespectful. If I were divorced and had children, and my DH remarried, would I want the people they have to spend time to love them and treat them well? Of course. Would I have a problem with her thinking she and I are on the same level? You betcha.

Meghan also made some sort of references to being closer to her stepdaughter than the mother because she's the cool mom and can understand her better.

I googled this last week or so, and don't remember exactly, but I think that Edmonds divorce from his second wife was in January 2014 and he married Meghan maybe in September. And Meghan said, I think (I multitask during the show...FB, emails, texting), that they had been together for two years. The timing could mean ANYTHING...not judging. But...it does make you wonder. I would not be thrilled about handing my kids over to my husband and his wife du jour if the wife is someone who wants to be in the SAME role as their mother that I am.

And I love Shannon. I think her emotions are very real. Is she a little loony at times? Yup. :teeth:

Tamra is and always has been trash, despite her allegedly finding religion (and if you don't believer her, "suck it"? Yeah, klassy.)

Heather is an uppity *****.

I like Lizzie, but agree...they were trying to find SOMETHING to give her an ounce of a storyline with a pregnancy test.

I like Vicki since a season or so ago, despite those situations when I don't like her. :)

Basically, at one time or another, for one reason or another, they're all annoying on some level.

Yeah Shannon should just get over it. After all having your heart ripped from your chest & stomped on is pretty trivial. Go read survivinginfidelity.com you may get an idea of what it is to deal with an affair. She is very much acting as a BS(betrayed spouse) does. If you haven't been on your knees in a parking lot when the other woman outs the affair - you have no idea!

Actually, my ex-husband DID cheat on me. It sucked and broke my heart. But I kicked his butt to the curb and told her, he is your's now sister. Funnily enough she married him and he cheated on her too. And his next girlfriend that was the one he cheated with, was also cheated on. I warned them both. If I'm not enough, then you aren't worth my time. My point is, that since she CHOSE to stay with the man that cheated on her, then she needs to deal with it and quit making everything that happens about the fact that he cheated on her. We get it. You were hurt. He gets it too. If you aren't going to MOVE on, then it's not going to work out.

Actually, my ex-husband DID cheat on me. It sucked and broke my heart. But I kicked his butt to the curb and told her, he is your's now sister. Funnily enough she married him and he cheated on her too. And his next girlfriend that was the one he cheated with, was also cheated on. I warned them both. If I'm not enough, then you aren't worth my time. My point is, that since she CHOSE to stay with the man that cheated on her, then she needs to deal with it and quit making everything that happens about the fact that he cheated on her. We get it. You were hurt. He gets it too. If you aren't going to MOVE on, then it's not going to work out.

You chose to leave, that was your choice & good for you for doing what was right for you. However those of us that choose to stay just don't say Oh Well & move on. It is a HUGE process to fight for a marriage. It can take as long as 5 years to go through it if you can. So yes she can complain & trigger & depress. He created this problem he just doesn't get to sweep it under the rug. As I told my DSO when he started the move on crap, You dropped this house on me, you brought this to our doorstep - just like a child bad behavior has consequences. Stay or don't but if you do it will be a long hard road, and it was.

I think Meghan gets a bum rap. My kids are grown now and DH and I have been happily married for 34 years, but that said, if we were divorced and had minor children, I would be thrilled if their step-mom loved them as her own. It would make it easier to have them be with her knowing she would protect them with her life because she loves them. I think Vicki and Tamra are showing their insecurities. Shannon is a huge pot-stirrer herself and it was clear from her first appearance on the show that she and her husband had major problems and probably shouldn't be on. My boys are 29 and 31, but I have no patience for Shannon constantly putting down Meghan for being 30. 30 is hardly a child and most of the time she acts much more mature than Vicki, Shannon and Tamra. Honestly, Shannon comes across as quite judgmental when making most of her statements. Also, her "girl code" crap, really? None of them owe each other anything. The storylines are so forced and embellished that it's getting hard to watch without laughing out loud. I do find it funny that Vicki, among others has made comments about Jim's 4th wife, after Meghan, considering her track record. She also admitted that she cheated on Don. I'm sick of her screeching and find her extremely irritating.

I was happy to see that these women can't really do their own hair any better than I can when they don't have professionals around!

It was good to see them "real"!

I kinda don't understand Tamra's new philosophy where she will talk about someone but then go tell them she talked about them. Um, why not keep your mouth shut? It doesn't make you a better person when you fess up after you talk smack.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter