• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The rain, rain, rain came down, down, down Part1

DisMomRN

Earning My Ears
WDW trip report 5/1/01

Cast members: DisMomRN-compulsive planner and budgeteer, LOVES Disney! 5th trip to WDW
Grumpy- DH, hates crowds and spending money, 1st trip to WDW
Sneezy- DD, age 17, has asthma, oldest of the litter, 1st trip to WDW
Evil Queen- DD, age 14, self-proclaimed princess, middle child, 1st trip to WDW
Bashful- DD, age 11, self-proclaimed princess and dwarf irritator, youngest child, 1st trip to WDW

We wake up at Vistana villages (paradise) at 7am. Have to pry our eyes open due to time zone change, use crowbar to get older DD out of bed. Bashful is already up, dressed and eating breakfast. We pack our ponchos after looking outside at already building clouds, everyone brings a backpack, DH brings only fanny pack and video camera bag. ON TO MAGIC KINGDOM!
We park in the Grumpy section (how appropriate) and DH already grumbling about parking fee. Grab the monorail and we're off! Sneezy, Evil Queen and Bashful decide to set a world record on shortest fuse...catfight!
After separating them to mutual corners and yelling "Look, isn't that Mickey?" silence and harmony once again return. DisMomRN's lips curl up at the ends.
We make our way to the entrance, take the mandatory pictures at the floral Mickey and walk through the tunnel into MAGIC! DDs all stop in their tracks and utter "WOW!!". DisMomRN wipes tears from eyes... Yep, just as good as 25 years ago!!
Grumpy utters something unitelligible about the crowds, why do they need autograph books,etc. Evil Queen snaps at Bashful; apparently she looked at her.
We see Mary Poppins and arrive to get her autograph just as she takes a little girl's hand and walks into the restaurant( a theme that will soon repeat itself many times). Grumpy hurries us along...gotta get to the rides!
No more soaking up the magic! KerPaaak (whip sound)!
We do Buzz lightyear (Grumpy's new fav ride..esp. since he got high score), Space mountain FP, people mover(can't remember the name) which DDs surprisingly love, Astro orbiter, Space mountain again. Evil Queen's face breaks as she smiles and wants to do Space again.
The dwarf irritator acts up which sets off the Evil Queen and Sneezy, glasses around us break with the screeching. DisMomRN wonders no longer why animals eat their young.
Skip over to Fantasyland and do everything. Older DDs love Pooh ride, youngest loves everything! Lunch at Pinocchio's. Over to Tom Sawyer's island, can't find a single paintbrush... do they still do this?? Get rained on, but have ponchos. Aren't the crowds supposed to disappear during rain?? Haunted mansion- Sneezy and Grumpy in one doom buggy, the rest in another. Sneezy pokes Mom in the side in a dark area, mom's screams add to the atmosphere.
Over to adventureland/frontierland where we spend the majority of our time. We have the FP down now, love this system!! Evil Queen wimps out on Splash mtn, but manages to videotape everyone coming down the big drop but us. Do Pirates (my all-time favorite) and come out to see Captain Hook!! DDs get in line, get all the way to the front when apparently it's time for Hook's potty break. BIG FROWNS, evil queen just about casts a spell. Hook comes back in 5 min and *Disney magic* brings Mr. Smee with him!! BIG SMILES!! We just about run into Tweedledee and Dum, try to stop them for autographs....No dice....they are on a bee-line to the bathroom also. Joke with DDs is now they excite them so much they all have to go to the bathroom!!
Closing time, we decide to catch the ferry back to the TTc. Turns out to be a great idea as the sunset is beautiful over the lake and we get great pictures. Sneezy and Bashful grab front row spots on the top deck, Evil queen casts another spell. Grumpy actually smiles, we only spent 30$ on lunch/drinks and 25$ on autograph books.
:smooth:

How funny! I'm sure your boys will enjoy talking about exciting the characters for a long time! :)

First of all, that was a great report!!

Second, our DHs must be related... becasue I also have a Grumpy! He hates crowds, spending money, and it is his 1st trip to WDW (32 years old). I planned everything myself, he has no idea how much our trip is costing us. And I am not about to tell him about the crowds.

We are going June 2-8, stay at the AKL!!

What a great report. Your DH could be my dad.LOL.
Looking forward to next installment.

Gee, I sure hope when you get back to your resort you have a cold beer, prop your feet up and turn off the family to get a break. Sure is a good thing you have a sense of humor.

What a great trip report!!!! I am still laughing!!!! Looking forward to reading the next chapter!!! ;)

HeHeHe - Sounds like fun, I remember fighting with my sister ;) At least you're at Disney :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter