The rain at WDW will now end....

SCSteve

Mouseketeer
Hi all,
As many of you may know WDW has been very soggy for the past week, spoiling many vacationers plans. I live about 19 miles from WDW by car and even less as the crow flies, so I well know how soggy it was..

I have just seeded my lawn and the daily rain will be replaced with clear skies and bright sun and NO rain..

Your Welcome :-)

I apologize in advance for the drought like conditions in the days ahead at WDW...

Hi all,
As many of you may know WDW has been very soggy for the past week, spoiling many vacationers plans. I live about 19 miles from WDW by car and even less as the crow flies, so I well know how soggy it was..

I have just seeded my lawn and the daily rain will be replaced with clear skies and bright sun and NO rain..

Your Welcome :-)

I apologize in advance for the drought like conditions in the days ahead at WDW...

On behalf of the many vacationers who arrived this weekend for a week of fun and sun -- we sincerely thank you for your public service gesture. We would also appreciate it if you would refrain from washing your car until at least 7pm this coming Saturday -- because surely if you wash it, that too will bring the rain. :thanks:

Dream on - may not work this time!!! :goodvibes
Have not tried the seeded lawn yet this year, but dh 'has' tried the clean car effort!!!

(actually, had a new seeded lawn a few years ago and a complete gully washer came and washed the seeds away and damaged our lawn to boot - so be very careful what you wish for - LOL)

It's Monday May 21, about 9:23 AM, this may be wishful thinking for my fellow WDW vacationers, although there was early morning rain, I (think) I see it clearing up!!! We will see. Updates to follow...

PLLLLLEEEEEZE keep us posted. I'm supposed to come tis weekend but I may cancel and re arrange ...

Sorry, not to be a debbie downer, but the sun has been in and out at various times, and radar still shows a steady flow from the south of lots of moisture. This week definitely does not look to be as bad as last week though!

On behalf of the many vacationers who arrived this weekend for a week of fun and sun -- we sincerely thank you for your public service gesture. We would also appreciate it if you would refrain from washing your car until at least 7pm this coming Saturday -- because surely if you wash it, that too will bring the rain. :thanks:
Can you make that next Saturday? Thanks kindly from someone getting to the world this Saturday.

4:58 PM update, the whole day was overcast with a few sprinkles. No sun, but no pouring rain. I my opinion, good conditions for going to the parks AND my lawn :)

May 22, 8:43AM update... LET THE SUNSHINE IN!! I see the SUN. Mostly cloudy but the sun is out and at least at the moment, its a beautiful morning. Lets see what happens the rest of the day..

No news is good news , on the 23 and 24th the weather was perfect. And my new grass is coming in fine. Yes, these posts are literally as exciting as watching grass grow :)

Today the 25th, it's clouding up again! Also, the weather folks say we are going to get a tropical depression coming in for this weekend so who knows

That said, any day is a better day if you are at WDW. Don't let the rain stop you.

Firstly, lets remember today and everyday, all the members of our armed forces who gave the ultimate sacrifice for us!

On to the weather... the 26th and the 27th much of the same, no sun, and small events of pouring rain, but not the the soggy days we have seen.

Today the 28th, the sun is poking in and out of the clouds, no rain so far, I see some dark clouds, but not a bad day to far.

And the update you have all been waiting for, the new grass is coming in nicely....:-)

5/29 Weather update - clear and sunny! Radar shows it completely clear in WDW. but the forecast for WDW is 60 percent chance of rain during the day and a 40 percent chance of rain at night today. What that means to me, is that it may cloud up today and we may get some rain today. But at the moment, 12PM, its beautiful :)

A unrelated observation, I notice many love bugs swarming. They are annoying especially when they swarm, sometimes landing on your food. >:(

5/29 - The 5PM pouring rain storm right on the tick... I feel like I am in Back to the future 2.. Oh sorry that's Universal.. Well its raining in Universal Orlando too...

5/30 9:50 AM - gray skys, no sun, hot, very humid, the hot soupy humid that is there when the sun is not there to burn off some of the humidity....

Yesterday's Weather update - The early morning is beautiful! Sun is shining blue skys with some clouds, the sun makes it (to me) seem less humid. As the day progresses it clouds up and by 5PM ish, we have short busts of pouring rain, it stops, pouring rain, it stops and so on, by evening, totally soaked.

I think this will be the pattern.. Today again, early morning is beautiful

Folks vacationing these days, they should GET TO THE PARKS FOR ROPE DROP , and get out early..

Yesterday's Weather update - The early morning is beautiful! Sun is shining blue skys with some clouds, the sun makes it (to me) seem less humid. As the day progresses it clouds up and by 5PM ish, we have short busts of pouring rain, it stops, pouring rain, it stops and so on, by evening, totally soaked.

I think this will be the pattern.. Today again, early morning is beautiful

Folks vacationing these days, they should GET TO THE PARKS FOR ROPE DROP , and get out early..

Oh man, I don't want to rope drop. I love the parks at night. Can't I go about 11AM-noon, and stay until closing? I am not going until the end of July, so maybe the waves of rain will have passed by then, and it will be the usual afternoon rain, and done.
What are your thoughts, SCSteve?

Oh man, I don't want to rope drop. I love the parks at night. Can't I go about 11AM-noon, and stay until closing? I am not going until the end of July, so maybe the waves of rain will have passed by then, and it will be the usual afternoon rain, and done.
What are your thoughts, SCSteve?

Let's hope by end of July this excessive rain will be behind us, it may rain, but hopefully not like this. I think it's a good plan to tour the parks at night at the end of July because as we know it will be hot.

Yesterday weather, we only had a very short storm at 5PM.

Today weather, it’s beautiful no rain clear sky’s so far.

7:34 PM update - After a perfectly clear day it is now pouring rain! The good news it s short fast passing rain storm. Just enough to cool things off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter