The Pursuit of Disney Magic (June 7-14, 2008) ~ UPDATED 9/30 pg. 191

Charles kept begging me to buy one of those belly dancer costumes. I did not. End of that story.

:rotfl2: That's totally something my DH would say. (and I would have the same response as you!)

The henna tattoos are beautiful!!

And the tangerine daiquiri sounds so yummy!!

013_12.jpg

The first thing I thought when I saw this was, "There's Charles trying to look like he's not having fun". Then you must have tickled him a little (or reminded him of the belly dancer costume) because he looks a bit happier in the next shot. :laughing:

012_13.jpg

Thanks for the heads up on the CS vs TS. I think I will most likely cancel the TS. I might just try the CS. My Mom's side is Armenian and the food is quite similar so I do like it. I just love that Pavilion too. It is the one where I feel the most like I am really possibly in that country. So exotic and beautiful!

Allyson

012_13.jpg

CUTE!!!

Charles kept begging me to buy one of those belly dancer costumes. I did not. End of that story.

:rotfl: oh, come on......admit it! you know you bought one of those. ;)

Charles started off his "trying new things" with a Kasbah coffee -- it had chocolate liquer, coffee, and whipped cream, and the sip I had was quite tasty -- I wanted to sing "Rock the Kasbah" but managed to contain myself.

that's exactly what i was thinking! :lmao:

sorry the food at marrakesh wasn't good, but at least now i know! i've been wondering about that place. we're planning a CS meal for dinner on our epcot day in december and i was considering the tangeriene cafe....now i'm definitley wanting to try it!

pretty cool that we are both in morocco in our TRs right now. too bad it didn't happen in real life!

Finally, we arrived in Morocco via Canada to Great Britain to France.

I mean really, isn't that how everyone gets to Morocco?

Chelsea took two pictures of Charles and I so I will be nice and post both of them.

013_12.jpg

012_13.jpg

Yeah for the couple pics! I know they're few and far between.:goodvibes

Okay, listen. The man totally needed to redeem himself with some testosterone, manly comments. I mean after all, he did agree to go down to Florida whole day early.;)
wowed by.

The food was bland at best. Everyone ate their meat, but Charles and Chelsea took one bite of hummus and my couscous was not earth-shattering. The food was just not tasty, and I wanted to love it so much. For dessert we got the Moroccan Symphony, but the four bite-size pieces were not up to my baklava standards. I was very disappointed. :sad1:

I'm bummed you didn't like it, but now you know for next time.

Morocco shopping? Check
Morocco counter service? Double check
Morocco table service? :sad2:

I have a new favorite drink in World Showcase -- that daiquiri, I thought at the time, was the best drink I had ever had!!!

I so need to remember to try this. It sounds refreshing.:thumbsup2
Chelsea also decided she wanted a henna tattoo and even though she actually got it after we visited Japan, since we are in Morocco, I will post the pictures of us sporting our henna now.

015_10.jpg
The henna looks great! How long did it last on you guys?

UP NEXT: In Which Our Intrepid Adventurers Resume Their World Tour!

Wow, two hours in Morocco. Good for you! I see a non-commando park tourer in you yet, Jackie.:goodvibes

Great pics of you and Charles!

I completely agree about the food at marrakesh. And I've had Tangierine Cafe food and it's my favorite in World Showcase. It stinks that Marrakesh is so much more expensive, but the food is not as good.

Your henna tattoo looks very pretty!

I want to try that drink!

I love the pictures of you and Charles!

The henna tattoos look great! I may try to have one done when I make it back.

::yes:: to the blandness of Marrakesh's food. It's not that it tasted awful or anything; it's just not stellar.

We didn't get anything from Tangerine Cafe except for tea, I think, when it was raining during Epcot Day 2. I'll have to snag some of the baklava.

Still looking forward to Teppan Edo next week! :goodvibes

Fantastic update about Morocco.

The photos of you and Charles are so beautiful. You should definitely frame them.

I'm so shocked that the food in Morocco of all places was bland :scared1: And I'm really shocked that the baklava was better at the CS. Baklava is one of my favorite desserts. I've even made it with my kindergartners. Believe me, it is NOT easy at all. I live in a neighborhood with lots of Greek restaurants and bakeries. Let me know if you ever want some baklava FedExed to you.

The tangerine daquiri sounds delish.

The henna tattoos are great! They look great on you and Chelsea.

I would have loved to see pic of Connor in a fez. Too cute!

great update and pics.

Ok now I am nervous about marrakesh. :scared1:

Phew - I read the WHOLE TRIP REPORT in one quick sitting! (ok, I confess, I didn't read all the "comments" just the updates! :goodvibes )

Great photos! Your DD poses the same way my DD does! princess:

We had CS in Morocco last year - DD & I had to remove the lentils from our plates before we could even start to eat. :eek: She vows NEVER to return, DH and I didn't mind the food, but it wasn't our favorite.

Hope you get to Rose & Crown next time - THAT is DD's favorite! :cheer2:

Tangerine? Drool. I have obviously not been spending enough time in the WS. I am sorry your lunch was kind of a bust. The pictures of you and Charles are so sweet. Seriously on my next trip I am printing out a list of adult drinks with locations so that I can try all these yummy things.

-Becca-

Sorry about Marrakesh.....I've heard some good things about it. Tangierine Cafe IS good, but service is slow.

And the sound of that Dacquiri sounds so good...mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I love the fez as well....

I am all over that Tangerine Daquiri!!! I must try that!!!!

We ate at Marrakesh last new years eve and it was decent, not spectacular but decent.

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy the food at Marakesh. We've been there 3 times and the last time it wasn't as good as the times before.

I love Morroco too! there's just something about the way it's done that makes you feel like you're in another country.

Loved the update--so sorry the restaurant didn't hold up to your expectations!!! The gang ate there the night we went to Akershus, and they pretty much said the same thing! Couldn't believe how beautiful it was, but the food didn't hold up at all for them either. That daiquiri sounds heavenly!!!!

Thank you! At least I can say I have eaten there now! I can't wait to have another daiquiri!

GReat updates Jackie, love all your WS pictures...

sorry to hear the food wasn't that great, I am not a very adventureous eater, so I don't think I will be adding that to my list, but the inside looks really pretty.

Love the shirt you are wearing that is really cute.

Can't wait for the Teppen Edu review, have lately heard really good things..

Thank you! The inside was spectacular! That was my $12 t-shirt from AKL! :thumbsup2 Teppan Edo was a big hit!

As usual, loved the update. I have the same picture of my kids in front of the fountain in Morocco. Sorry about the disappointing lunch. I can't wait to hear about Teppan Edo.

Thank you! That fountain almost demands to be photographed! I will say this, Teppan Edo will be a repeat restaurant for us!

It's so nice to see a picture of you two. :goodvibes

Not too many of those!

You have amazing self control, I think I would have AT LEAST hummed it or something.

I was having a virtual dance party in my head!

How sad that it wasn't how you imagined. I have heard great things about Tangerine Cafe, I think DH wants to partake in some of their goodies while we are in WS.

The contents of the Tangerine Cafe's dessert case haunt my dreams! Must go back to sample them!

Those are so much fun! Did it take a long time for them to do? How much was it if you don't mind me asking....??

She was super quick, but so talented; Chelsea's was $20 and mine was $15.

:rotfl2: That's totally something my DH would say. (and I would have the same response as you!)

The henna tattoos are beautiful!!

And the tangerine daiquiri sounds so yummy!!

He was being all whiny about it, too -- I had to turn around and pretend I didn't know him. :lmao:

Thank you!

It was very yummy!

The first thing I thought when I saw this was, "There's Charles trying to look like he's not having fun". Then you must have tickled him a little (or reminded him of the belly dancer costume) because he looks a bit happier in the next shot. :laughing:

Yeah, that's Charles' standard, "The things I do for love" look, but I think Chelsea said something to make him smile for the second one.

Thanks for the heads up on the CS vs TS. I think I will most likely cancel the TS. I might just try the CS. My Mom's side is Armenian and the food is quite similar so I do like it. I just love that Pavilion too. It is the one where I feel the most like I am really possibly in that country. So exotic and beautiful!

Allyson

I love Moroccan food normally, but this was just not up to par. That food in the Cafe looked soooooo good. I love the twisty maze like feel to the pavillion.

oh, come on......admit it! you know you bought one of those.

:rotfl: Unfortunately, wearing one of those outfits would require abs that I do not have. Ha! Ha!

that's exactly what i was thinking!

I did lean across the table and whisper some lines from it to Charles. :rotfl2:

sorry the food at marrakesh wasn't good, but at least now i know! i've been wondering about that place. we're planning a CS meal for dinner on our epcot day in december and i was considering the tangeriene cafe....now i'm definitley wanting to try it!

I have two must-dos for our next trip -- Rose and Crown (after seeing your TR photos) and Tangerine Cafe!

pretty cool that we are both in morocco in our TRs right now. too bad it didn't happen in real life!

It is neat! I suspect we could have a lot of fun at World Showcase together! :rolleyes:

I mean really, isn't that how everyone gets to Morocco?

In my World it is! :rotfl2:

Yeah for the couple pics! I know they're few and far between.:goodvibes

And thank goodness they turned out!

Okay, listen. The man totally needed to redeem himself with some testosterone, manly comments. I mean after all, he did agree to go down to Florida whole day early.;)
wowed by.

Yes, it was Day Seven with the Mouse! I can see your point. ;)

I'm bummed you didn't like it, but now you know for next time.

Morocco shopping? Check
Morocco counter service? Double check
Morocco table service? :sad2:

Yes, and I can say that I have eaten there after 24 years!

I so need to remember to try this. It sounds refreshing.:thumbsup2

It was the perfect drink for a hot day in Morocco!

The henna looks great! How long did it last on you guys?

For me, about a week -- next time I will probably get it on my upper arm instead of my hand that I wash frequently. Chelsea's lasted almost two weeks.

Wow, two hours in Morocco. Good for you! I see a non-commando park tourer in you yet, Jackie.:goodvibes

I think I do the whole meandering thing pretty well in World Showcase -- it's the other parks that I need to work on. :rolleyes:

Great pics of you and Charles!

I completely agree about the food at marrakesh. And I've had Tangierine Cafe food and it's my favorite in World Showcase. It stinks that Marrakesh is so much more expensive, but the food is not as good.

Your henna tattoo looks very pretty!

I want to try that drink!

Oh, goody, I am glad to hear that Tangierine's food is as good as it looks.

Thanks!

Yes, try the drink -- you'll like it!

I love the pictures of you and Charles!

Thank you!

The henna tattoos look great! I may try to have one done when I make it back.

Thank you! I want to do it again the next time!

::yes:: to the blandness of Marrakesh's food. It's not that it tasted awful or anything; it's just not stellar.

That's exactly how we felt.

We didn't get anything from Tangerine Cafe except for tea, I think, when it was raining during Epcot Day 2. I'll have to snag some of the baklava.

I am obsessed with going there next time.

Still looking forward to Teppan Edo next week! :goodvibes

:rotfl: I really wish I had more pictures of it.

Fantastic update about Morocco.

The photos of you and Charles are so beautiful. You should definitely frame them.

Thank you! I am planning on framing the second one of Charles and me for my desk at school.

I'm so shocked that the food in Morocco of all places was bland :scared1: And I'm really shocked that the baklava was better at the CS. Baklava is one of my favorite desserts. I've even made it with my kindergartners. Believe me, it is NOT easy at all. I live in a neighborhood with lots of Greek restaurants and bakeries. Let me know if you ever want some baklava FedExed to you.

I was shocked, also! We have a really good Greek place here where I can pig out on my gyros and baklava, but I bet you can get some different varieties in NYC -- we just have the standard walnut and honey here.

The tangerine daquiri sounds delish.

It was very, very tasty!

The henna tattoos are great! They look great on you and Chelsea.

I would have loved to see pic of Connor in a fez. Too cute!

Thanks. One of my biggest regrets was that I didn't get a picture of it -- I swear he tried on about ten of them.

great update and pics.

Ok now I am nervous about marrakesh. :scared1:

I hear a lot of mixed reviews. What other meals do you have planned for that day?

What a fun update!! I love your t-shirt:goodvibes

Thank you! I had liked it last year when I saw it and then found it on sale this year -- I couldn't wait to wear it!

Phew - I read the WHOLE TRIP REPORT in one quick sitting! (ok, I confess, I didn't read all the "comments" just the updates! :goodvibes )

Welcome!!! I am so glad you came over!!!

Great photos! Your DD poses the same way my DD does! princess:

Thanks! She always seems to have a hip jutted out somewhere. :rotfl:

We had CS in Morocco last year - DD & I had to remove the lentils from our plates before we could even start to eat. :eek: She vows NEVER to return, DH and I didn't mind the food, but it wasn't our favorite.

Hope you get to Rose & Crown next time - THAT is DD's favorite! :cheer2:

I don't mind lentils although I always think of the original Cinderella story where she had to pick lentils out of the fireplace to go to the ball.

Rose and Crown is my choice for next year!!!

Tangerine? Drool. I have obviously not been spending enough time in the WS. I am sorry your lunch was kind of a bust. The pictures of you and Charles are so sweet. Seriously on my next trip I am printing out a list of adult drinks with locations so that I can try all these yummy things.

-Becca-

Thank you! I know what you mean about the list of drinks -- I already have another mental list of ones I want to drink on the next "world tour." :rotfl:

Sorry about Marrakesh.....I've heard some good things about it. Tangierine Cafe IS good, but service is slow.

Really? Well, if it's not crowded I don't mind slow.

And the sound of that Dacquiri sounds so good...mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Wish I had one right now...:rolleyes1

I love the fez as well....
I am still kicking myself that I didn't get a picture. I don't know what I was thinking...

I am all over that Tangerine Daquiri!!! I must try that!!!!

There is another drink we discovered later in the day in Morocco as well...

We ate at Marrakesh last new years eve and it was decent, not spectacular but decent.

I so wanted spectacular. :sad1:

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy the food at Marakesh. We've been there 3 times and the last time it wasn't as good as the times before.

I wonder if they changed chefs or something. :confused3

I love Morroco too! there's just something about the way it's done that makes you feel like you're in another country.

I did see the Winkers family fountain there and thought of you guys!!! :laughing:

Great updates, as usual! I've been on a business trip and missed checking in with you. My work computer blocks the DIS!! :eek:

Great world showcase pictures. It looks practically empty. And all the kids' pictures are adorable. I think you have a few holiday card contenders from this trip. And nice to see a picture of you and hubby as well! :)

I've now added a tangerine dacquiri (or two!) to the list for October and maybe a henna tattoo!!

Sorry the restaurant wasn't great but it is important to try new things and sounds like you had a dinner that made up for it -- can't wait to hear about it!

Great update! Your tat's are so cool!

You are so right about the CS in Morocco being better than the table service. I discovered that about 4 years ago. Now Tangeriene Cafe is a must do every trip! It is the best CS in WDW in my opinion! Yum!

Great update! I can see now I need to spend much more time in WS next trip! I feel like I missed so much looking at your pics! Morocco we sort of skipped through because of time, etc. I am so sad now! It looks so beautiful, and your pics are great! Love reading your TR! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter