The Psychology of Pre-Payment

Fair enough. Or you could buy the same amount of gift cards as you would've spent on the DDP, and then you can get there and think "Imagine what I can buy all this excess money left over, in addition to food!" :drinking1

I know, it's all in my head. We'll see how it works out. I haven't added DDP to my package yet and the PLAN is to pay OOP. I'm kinda hoping for free dining, though... ;)

I think that's great for many people; however, I do want to point out the flipside. Some people really want the chicken, but feel a pressure/need/desire/whatever to get their money's worth and order the steak because it's more expensive OOP. Then maybe they don't particularly enjoy the steak and keep wishing they had just had the chicken. Then the bill comes and they realize they will be paying more OOP to leave the same percentage tip because they ordered the steak they didn't really want in the first place.
This was my dilemma when we paid for the DDP in 2011. We came out ahead because we did lots of character lunches and dinners. But after a few days, I just wanted the chicken or wanted to eat at the Plaza or Beaches and Cream. No mistaken, I loved having it and not worrying about paying cash but some days I just wanted to eat light. I rarely eat steak as I prefer chicken and fish. So we probably would not purchase the DDP again.

The pre-payment is a big part of it for us. It's easier for me to just tell the kids to order what you want. We couldn't do disney this year and on vacation all of us didn't get what we wanted at some point due to cost. Plus for me, I just pay on my package a little every month instead of having a lump sum sitting there. Makes it easier to say no to the wants if I have already put it towards the trip.

We do the QSDP usually(we have done the regular a couple of times). It's 100% worth it to me to not have to watch my husband crunch numbers at the end of the night. He works hard all year long and I love seeing him carefree at Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter