• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Prize for the most Indecisive Traveller

Thank you everyone. :goodvibes
I'm so pleased that my finger won't be swollen like this for my whole trip. The most annoying thing at present is packing. Try folding clothing with one hand. :rotfl:

I get so paranoid in the weeks leading up to the trip that something is going to go wrong with my health that I usually avoid any activity that could potentially lead to injury. Next holiday I will add gardening to that list :rotfl:

Thank you everyone. :goodvibes
I'm so pleased that my finger won't be swollen like this for my whole trip. The most annoying thing at present is packing. Try folding clothing with one hand. :rotfl:

I get so paranoid in the weeks leading up to the trip that something is going to go wrong with my health that I usually avoid any activity that could potentially lead to injury. Next holiday I will add gardening to that list :rotfl:

:rotfl2:

Do you watch Big Bang Theory? You need one of those folding template things that Sheldon has :rotfl:

I'm not usually one of those people who worry about getting sick or injured before a trip - it just doesn't really cross my mind most of the time. But you should have seen me with this trip! I wished we could have all lived in padded cells for about the month before - I even had nightmares about breaking my leg or something. When we went to the snow just before we left, I was so terrified I was going to slip and hurt myself, I almost didn't enjoy going!

:rotfl2: Do you watch Big Bang Theory? You need one of those folding template things that Sheldon has :rotfl: I'm not usually one of those people who worry about getting sick or injured before a trip - it just doesn't really cross my mind most of the time. But you should have seen me with this trip! I wished we could have all lived in padded cells for about the month before - I even had nightmares about breaking my leg or something. When we went to the snow just before we left, I was so terrified I was going to slip and hurt myself, I almost didn't enjoy going!

It will be because you went through so many obstacles with your leg to make that trip happen, that you will have been extra desperate for nothing to go wrong. You must feel so proud of achieving your running goal. :thumbsup2

Have a magical trip Wanderlust. Glad to hear the finger is getting better slowly. You were panicing all of us on here with your news. Gardening is def not on the pre trip activity list - I have thrown my back out badly before now so I avoid it that last week-just in case! but that being said, the more you worry about it, the more likely something will happen!

It will be because you went through so many obstacles with your leg to make that trip happen, that you will have been extra desperate for nothing to go wrong. You must feel so proud of achieving your running goal. :thumbsup2

I sure do :thumbsup2

Have a wonderful trip - I look forward to hearing all about it :goodvibes

Have a magical trip Wanderlust. Glad to hear the finger is getting better slowly. You were panicing all of us on here with your news. Gardening is def not on the pre trip activity list - I have thrown my back out badly before now so I avoid it that last week-just in case! but that being said, the more you worry about it, the more likely something will happen!

Thanks Wendy :goodvibes

I have actually put my back out doing gardening as well, so I really should have known better. But I agree, the more you worry, the more you open yourself up to issues.

I sure do :thumbsup2 Have a wonderful trip - I look forward to hearing all about it :goodvibes

Thanks Zanzibar. :)

I just realised my ticker is a bit optimistic, as I don't leave until tomorrow. I tried to set the time to NZ dates, not US, but I must have messed it up.

1 more sleep! (Which sounds better than 2 more days of work) :rotfl:

Thanks Zanzibar. :)

I just realised my ticker is a bit optimistic, as I don't leave until tomorrow. I tried to set the time to NZ dates, not US, but I must have messed it up.

1 more sleep! (Which sounds better than 2 more days of work) :rotfl:

I have that trouble with my tickers too. Yay for one more sleep! :cool1:

Just a quick update now that we have reached the half-way point of our trip.

Love, love, LOVE Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks. We came with the mission of seeing wildlife and wildlife is what we have seen. In fact we have been extremely lucky and have so far seen beaver, moose, bison, elk, bighorn sheep, pronghorn, chipmunks, mule deer, coyote, red fox, bald eagle, great horned owl, 3 different species of hawk, 5 black bears (including a mum and 3 cubs), and my absolute favourite, a pack of wolves. Pretty much the only animals I haven't been able to tick of the wishlist are porcupine, grizzly bear, and badger (although we did see many badger holes on a hike yesterday).
Besides the animals, another highlight was snow over the geyser basin. It was so wonderful to wake up in Old Faithful Inn and look out over a winter wonderland. I was worried about snow being a hindrance, but it was actually a blessing. It made the landscape so beautiful.

One more day in the park today and then we're driving south to Salt Lake City tomorrow to fly onwards to Disneyland. I must say I'm feeling a bit sad that our Yellowstone time is coming to an end. This is a very special slice of the world. :goodvibes

Love, love, LOVE Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks. We came with the mission of seeing wildlife and wildlife is what we have seen. In fact we have been extremely lucky and have so far seen beaver, moose, bison, elk, bighorn sheep, pronghorn, chipmunks, mule deer, coyote, red fox, bald eagle, great horned owl, 3 different species of hawk, 5 black bears (including a mum and 3 cubs), and my absolute favourite, a pack of wolves. Pretty much the only animals I haven't been able to tick of the wishlist are porcupine, grizzly bear, and badger (although we did see many badger holes on a hike yesterday).
Besides the animals, another highlight was snow over the geyser basin. It was so wonderful to wake up in Old Faithful Inn and look out over a winter wonderland. I was worried about snow being a hindrance, but it was actually a blessing. It made the landscape so beautiful.

One more day in the park today and then we're driving south to Salt Lake City tomorrow to fly onwards to Disneyland. I must say I'm feeling a bit sad that our Yellowstone time is coming to an end. This is a very special slice of the world. :goodvibes

Sounds awesome Wanderlust. Yellowstone is definitely on our list of future travels:thumbsup2

Sounds like you're having such a wonderful time :goodvibes And how awesome to see all those animals!

Thanks everyone :)

It is HOT here in Anaheim (high today of 35 degrees), so we have returned to our hotel for an afternoon rest.
With a bit of spare time on my hand I wanted to feedback on the 'Discover the Magic Tour'. It was awesome! If anyone has a child under 10, I highly recommend it. Included in the tour was back entrance (quicker than Fastpass) access to Jungle Cruise, Pirates of the Caribbean, Buzz Lightyear, and a lengthy meeting with Mickey Mouse. Plus we got a lanyard, pin, and frozen slushie drink. But the best bit was the unexpected bit of pixie dust at the end where we got given two family fastpasses for any attractions of our choosing except Radiator Springs and WOC.

The guides were brilliant at their job, and doing the tour was a fantastic solution for what was a very busy morning in the park.

We have the Happiest Haunts tour booked this afternoon, so it will be interesting to compare the two.

It is HOT here in Anaheim (high today of 35 degrees), so we have returned to our hotel for an afternoon rest.
With a bit of spare time on my hand I wanted to feedback on the 'Discover the Magic Tour'. It was awesome! If anyone has a child under 10, I highly recommend it. Included in the tour was back entrance (quicker than Fastpass) access to Jungle Cruise, Pirates of the Caribbean, Buzz Lightyear, and a lengthy meeting with Mickey Mouse. Plus we got a lanyard, pin, and frozen slushie drink. But the best bit was the unexpected bit of pixie dust at the end where we got given two family fastpasses for any attractions of our choosing except Radiator Springs and WOC.

The guides were brilliant at their job, and doing the tour was a fantastic solution for what was a very busy morning in the park.

We have the Happiest Haunts tour booked this afternoon, so it will be interesting to compare the two.

Your trip sounds amazing and cannot wait to see all the photos of yellowstone. I have not heard of the Happiest Haunts tour before so am really interested to hear all about it.

Looking forward to the full recap and comparison :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter