• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Prize for the most Indecisive Traveller

So....which was the better tour?

Definitely the Discover the Magic Tour. Discovering magic is exactly what it was. There were only 3 kids on our tour (which was a lovely small number) and the guides had them enchanted. So much so, that a competitive rock, paper, scissors game ensued to decide which child got to sit with the guides on the ride.
Also, the guides had a similar effect on passers-by. We had to put on our imaginary jet packs a fly to see buzz, and I overheard people passing by commenting on how they wanted to fly too. Or when we were pretending to be pirates, one passerby played along and screamed and sprinted away from us. The kids thought it was hilarious and couldn't stop giggling.
The whole tour brought out the best in people and I swear my jaw ached from smiling by the end of it.
I give it a 5 out of 5.

The Happiest Haunts I give a 3 1/2. It was good, but I wouldn't do it again. Will try to share more tonight as a shuttle is picking us up in 20 mins to take us to LAX and I need to get ready. Bring on Hawaii!!!

Your trip sounds amazing and cannot wait to see all the photos of yellowstone. I have not heard of the Happiest Haunts tour before so am really interested to hear all about it.

I keep taking a quick peek at your TR Tash, and it looks like you had a blast.

We loved Yellowstone. It has definitely become my choice of travel style. While we enjoyed Disneyland, I think I left my heart at Yellowstone.

I'll feedback on Happiest Haunts in the next few days. :)

Just a quick update now that we have reached the half-way point of our trip.

Love, love, LOVE Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks. We came with the mission of seeing wildlife and wildlife is what we have seen. In fact we have been extremely lucky and have so far seen beaver, moose, bison, elk, bighorn sheep, pronghorn, chipmunks, mule deer, coyote, red fox, bald eagle, great horned owl, 3 different species of hawk, 5 black bears (including a mum and 3 cubs), and my absolute favourite, a pack of wolves. Pretty much the only animals I haven't been able to tick of the wishlist are porcupine, grizzly bear, and badger (although we did see many badger holes on a hike yesterday).
Besides the animals, another highlight was snow over the geyser basin. It was so wonderful to wake up in Old Faithful Inn and look out over a winter wonderland. I was worried about snow being a hindrance, but it was actually a blessing. It made the landscape so beautiful.

One more day in the park today and then we're driving south to Salt Lake City tomorrow to fly onwards to Disneyland. I must say I'm feeling a bit sad that our Yellowstone time is coming to an end. This is a very special slice of the world. :goodvibes

SO SO SO JEALOUS of you seeing all that wildlife. Amazing. I am glad this part of the trip really delivered for you and just can't wait to see pics on your return. One day we will travel the right time of year and get to Yellowstone!

SO SO SO JEALOUS of you seeing all that wildlife. Amazing. I am glad this part of the trip really delivered for you and just can't wait to see pics on your return. One day we will travel the right time of year and get to Yellowstone!

Thanks Wendy. We were so lucky that we achieved just what we wanted. Plus the park was so peaceful and uncrowded. A lovely contrast to both Disneyland and Aulani which have both been a bit crowded for our liking.

I was worried about going so late in the season, but it turned out perfect. In speaking with the experts, it seems that bear sightings were becoming more frequent as October neared since the bears were fattening up in preparation for hibernation. If I went again, it would either be in late September again or June. :)

Your trip is getting close now. Are you getting excited?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter