The pre-planning is over, the planning has begun!!

JrsyDebs

Mouseketeer
My family has not been on vacation together for 9 years (when we took our then 4 year old DD to WDW!). The last time I went away anywhere was in 1998 when DD and I went to Hershey Park for two days. Needless to say, we NEED a vacation, but money has been a huge problem...

I lurked, then posted on these boards for about a year. Then I decided to approach DH with the idea of a short Florida getaway, knowing he is not crazy about an all-Disney trip (but I am!!). He agreed, on the conditions that we rent a pool home instead of staying on-site, and that I would not drag him to WDW every day.

I logged onto vrbo.com like every day for a few weeks, indecisive as ever trying to make up my mind which home to book, and guess what! I just booked a beautiful pool home in Windsor Palms! We are going down during Jersey week, just for four days. Wish it could be longer, of course, but this is better than another year with no vacation...

So, anyway, now I have moved out of the "pre-planning" stage and into the actual planning. One small step of booking our accomodations finally makes this trip REAL for us. (Please join me in a little dance of joy!)

Just wanted to share.
Debs

Congratulations! Its always so exciting planning a trip. I think the planning is half the fun. Have a wonderful time from one Jersey girl to another.

That's great! Vacations are so hard sometime because they are expensive, but they are soooooooooo worth it!! Have fun planning, that is half the fun!!

btw, i've heard of lawrenceville. is it anywhere near bound brook?

we'll be there for Jersey week as well, staying at the HGVC at Seaworld. We rented a 3 bdrm condo in Windsor Palms this past December and loved it. You're going to like the pool, very enjoyable. Driving to the parks was simple and there are plenty of places to eat in the area (try Giordano's Pizza in the strip plaza out at the main road...stuffed pizza totally YUM!).

We currently live in Morris County, but moved up from Millstone (Monmouth) and DH grew up in E. Brunswick (but lived in Lawrenceville for a while too).

We'll be wearing shirts from our local school while there. Maybe we'll see you there.

Thanks for all the good wishes from my "neighbors" in Jersey and PA!

I am planning on wearing lime green; look for me! Found some T-shirts in our local supermarkets that say "Jersey Girl"; DD will wear that if I get one in pink.

I have finally realized that in order to have a successful trip, the name of the game cannot be "It's All About Me". Originally, I planned to book this trip exactly how I wanted (on-site rooms, all-WDW days, no rental car). Now I realize that we will all have more fun if the name of the game is "Compromise".

BTW, Lawrenceville is in Central NJ, about 40 minute drive from Bound Brook. It is between Princeton and Trenton.

I would be so thrilled to meet fellow DISboarders at WDW; we really have to go all out to make ourselves visible to each other--lots of lime green ribbons!

Debs

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter