the POWER of the solo trip!

Candice30

World's Greatest Aunt! -- or so the kids tell me.
what have you guys done to me? i said that i would take one small solo trip this year (in april - was my first) and that was it for this year. i have an annual pass to universal so okay, maybe a quick trip there. just like you guys said, i now am craving the solo trip. i had so much fun at easter and was bummed that i wasn't feeling well my last day.

i am heading to universal in august and for fun started poking around on disney's site. well...........when i heard the music..........needless to say, take a look at my signature marked "august 2006." guess who won. so here i go again! how do you stop this cycle?

its the magic of Disney: pixiedust:, i made my first solo trip in May and had such a good time that i booked another solo trip to go back at Christmas. i don't believe you will be able to stop, just go with it and enjoy :banana:

It's impossible to resist, isn't it? I skipped my April solo trip this year to save money, and I think I'd rather be poor! I'm bringing the family for a birthday celebration instead, and while we'll have a fantastic time I'm feeling a little guilty because every once in a while I find myself thinking how great it would be to enjoy certain things solo.

I can't believe it! I just turned down a chance to have a date for the trip and half my expenses paid, so that I could go solo !!!Am I nuts? I think NOT!! princess: DJ

The only way to stop the cycle is to move down here. I carry APs for USF/IAO and SW/BGT. I used to also have a PAP for WDW, but now my CM ID works better, and I am only working there an average of less than 12 hours a week.

Hi Candice,

I'm taking a solo trip in August as well (through work) and am staying at the POFQ. I noticed you were just there. Is this a good resort for someone going alone? I've never been there, but used to live in New Orleans and thought it would be fun for nostalgic purposes :)

i definitely think that this resort is great for going solo mainly because of the size of the resort. everything was so close and i loved the boat to downtown disney. we got to the parks really fast and got on the bus before POR so that was a plus.

check out my trip report. hope the link still works!

Here's the link: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1098944

Wow,

Your trip report is more comprehensive than most Sunday morning front pages. That's a compliment by the way!

Ok, so I think I should be happy with the POFQ. I read somewhere that it's pretty close to Downtown Disney as well, so that appeals to me.

I don't think you will be sorry about staying solo at the French Quarter. It's my resort of first choice of those I've visited in the past (see below), and I'll be there again come the holiday season.

Enjoy.

Karnak said:
I don't think you will be sorry about staying solo at the French Quarter. It's my resort of first choice of those I've visited in the past (see below), and I'll be there again come the holiday season.

Enjoy.

Agree with all who love POFQ. I esp. like the boat rides--all the CMs who navigate are funny and friendly (in my experience).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter