The Poplar Bluff Marching Band is going to WDW.

First, congrats on your band making it! It's a real honor! I'm located near you...over by Carbondale, Illinois (SIU), so it's kinda like hometown proud!

At AK, you should go to the Kilamanjaro Safari as early as possible to see all the animals out on the savanah...and do Tough to Be a Bug...it's a hoot! Dinosaur is really good...and if you are into music, (Doh!) go see Festival of the Lion King...it is a fabulous show! A lot of people love Kali River Rapids especially if you don't mind getting soaked! Try to get Fastpasses when possible if the wait time is getting longer than you'd like to stand in line. Well, this will give you a start...I'm sure there are many others who can give you some more ideas!

Just out of curiousity...when will your band be at WDW and exactly when are you marching? As a band parent, I like to give the bands a show of support when I'm there...ya'll work harder than people think!

If you've got any more questions don't hesitate to ask them here at the DIS...it's a great source of information!!

Enjoy your trip!

Congratulations!!!! - band trips were my fave part of HS !!!!!

I would second doing the Safari first - but DO NOT miss Festival of the Lion King - it is wonderful!!!

HAve a great trip!

:wizard:

MayMom said:
I am also close - West Frankfort - Good luck on a great trip!!! :cool1:

:wave2:

Just wanna say howdy neighbor! If I had one right now, I'd toast ya with a Mike's rootbeer...yum!

:wave2:

Hey from STL :wave: - my husband is from Fisk! :sunny: -- Good Luck and have fun!! Definately do the Safari first thing, Lion King and Tough to be a bug are fun too! River rapids are WET so the kids will like it but weather may not be right for it! Anyway have a great time!

Hey from KC, (a former Republic, MO person who had several college friends from Poplar Bluff.)

Congrats!

I'm pretty close too!!!! Carmi, IL here...about an hour from West Frankfort and Carbondale both!!!! Hello Neighbors!!!!! :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter