• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Poly2 Pricing Thread

Will Poly2 Be a Part of the Original Polynesian Condo Association?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I mean full thickness unlike the ones in the regular studios
Ah, misunderstood.

I just recently learned that the Murphy queen mattresses were thinner than the stationary queen mattresses in the DVC studios. The info nerd in me would love to see measurements.

It's not the only difference. Look at the frame. The regular bed has a solid platform that runs at least 1/2 of the length of the bed and four solid feet. It has a more supportive feel than the Murphy bed and a much thicker mattress.

One can understand why some people may find it more comfortable than a Murphy bed––especially if you're tall or larger.

Some people will care. Some people won't. It's a step up from the sofa bed, but I wouldn't consider them equal.

View attachment 788361
View attachment 788360

This is so weird. Until this thread I didn't know the Murphy beds being put in the DVC rooms are different than the others around the property.

We've stayed at Pop a few times recently when we needed a couple of extra nights and the Murphy bed there is exactly the same mattress thickness and length as the regular queen bed in the room. My son is 6 ft and 300 pounds and verified the Murphy bed felt exactly the same as the regular bed to him.

Personally I feel like DVC getting worse quality Murphy beds is pretty low-down.

This is so weird. Until this thread I didn't know the Murphy beds being put in the DVC rooms are different than the others around the property.

We've stayed at Pop a few times recently when we needed a couple of extra nights and the Murphy bed there is exactly the same mattress thickness and length as the regular queen bed in the room. My son is 6 ft and 300 pounds and verified the Murphy bed felt exactly the same as the regular bed to him.

Personally I feel like DVC getting worse quality Murphy beds is pretty low-down.

From the pictures, it does appear the Murphy beds at POP are at least thicker than the Poly beds—if not the same thickness as the regular POP beds. However, you have to keep in mind POP replaced one of the double beds with the Murphy, right? DVC is replacing a sofa bed. So, there may be a little bit of "This is good enough." there.

photos-new-modern-style-value-resort-rooms-debut-at-disney-s-pop-century-resort-49.jpg

https://wdwnt.com/2017/06/photos-ne...esort-rooms-debut-disneys-pop-century-resort/

From the pictures, it does appear the Murphy beds at POP are at least thicker than the Poly beds—if not the same thickness as the regular POP beds. However, you have to keep in mind POP replaced one of the double beds with the Murphy, right? DVC is replacing a sofa bed. So, there may be a little bit of "This is good enough." there.

View attachment 789603

https://wdwnt.com/2017/06/photos-ne...esort-rooms-debut-disneys-pop-century-resort/
Again, I've stayed there. I can verify they are the same thickness. In fact, they are the exact same mattress according to someone I trust who was told that by someone involved in purchasing.
And yeah, they went from 2 regular queens to 1 regular queen and 1 murphy queen.

It's almost certainly the "good enough" mentality. I'm just disgusted at the attitude it seems to be showing from Disney.
I've been excited about the switch to the Murphys, as my points are set up for staying in studios but sometimes our adult son comes along and he loathes the sofa beds. Now I'm just annoyed again. 🫤

Again, I've stayed there. I can verify they are the same thickness. In fact, they are the exact same mattress according to someone I trust who was told that by someone involved in purchasing.
And yeah, they went from 2 regular queens to 1 regular queen and 1 murphy queen.

It's almost certainly the "good enough" mentality. I'm just disgusted at the attitude it seems to be showing from Disney.
I've been excited about the switch to the Murphys, as my points are set up for staying in studios but sometimes our adult son comes along and he loathes the sofa beds. Now I'm just annoyed again. 🫤
The values went from 2 double beds to 1 queen bed and 1 queen murphy bed in the refurbishment.

I recently learned that the “Tower Studios” (the one-Murphy bed rooms) at Riviera are specifically in one decorative “tower”-like part of the resort (doh).
Disneys-Riviera-Resort-Review-Exterior-RR.jpg

Anyone see any “feature” corner of the Poly tower that might be used similarly?

Murphy opinions aside, I do like the idea of a “couple’s” room category where you don’t need a second bed but would love a good view. And maybe a king-sized bed if I’m going to the wishlist… feels wasteful to go up to a 1B for two people!

I recently learned that the “Tower Studios” (the one-Murphy bed rooms) at Riviera are specifically in one decorative “tower”-like part of the resort (doh).

Murphy opinions aside, I do like the idea of a “couple’s” room category where you don’t need a second bed but would love a good view. And maybe a king-sized bed if I’m going to the wishlist… feels wasteful to go up to a 1B for two people!
Ohhhh, a Duo/Tower studio with a king bed?!?!?! COUNT ME IN!!!!!!!!!!! That would be awesome!

I would love to see actual measurements of the thickness of DVC studio queen mattress, DVC studio Murphy queen mattress, and Pop (or other value) Murphy queen mattress. It may be that the structure of the Murphy bed frame restricts the thickness of the mattress that can be used. At the value resorts, that thickness happens to be the same as the thickness of the regular queen, so they could use the same mattress for both. But the DVC studios regular queen mattresses are thicker than the Pop queens and Murphy queens because they’re in a deluxe resort.

IOW, maybe it isn’t DVC being cheap - we owners pay for everything - it may be a physical limitation inherent to the Murphy bed frame.

I would love to see actual measurements of the thickness of DVC studio queen mattress, DVC studio Murphy queen mattress, and Pop (or other value) Murphy queen mattress. It may be that the structure of the Murphy bed frame restricts the thickness of the mattress that can be used. At the value resorts, that thickness happens to be the same as the thickness of the regular queen, so they could use the same mattress for both. But the DVC studios regular queen mattresses are thicker than the Pop queens and Murphy queens because they’re in a deluxe resort.

IOW, maybe it isn’t DVC being cheap - we owners pay for everything - it may be a physical limitation inherent to the Murphy bed frame.
There's no reason they couldn't use the frame/mattress from Pop for the Murphy beds in DVC. The only real reason is they went with a cheaper frame/mattress design and charge us more. So annoying. I'd take a "value thickness" queen over the thin one they put on the Murphy beds.

This reminds me a bit of the artist renderings where there are balconies in the divider sections of the tower. I believe the tower rendering had someone on the balcony for one of these areas. No one could figure out what they were, but a few did guess "couple's" room category.

There's no reason they couldn't use the frame/mattress from Pop for the Murphy beds in DVC. The only real reason is they went with a cheaper frame/mattress design and charge us more. So annoying. I'd take a "value thickness" queen over the thin one they put on the Murphy beds.
I think you read that backwards. What @CarolynFH is saying is that the mattresses look to be the same thickness at pop because the STANDARD mattresses at value resorts are thinner to begin with, and therefore the Murphy bed mattresses look to be of equal thickness. Whereas, the standard mattresses at deluxe resorts (including DVC are thicker to begin with, and therefore the Murphy bed mattresses at those resorts are thinner by comparison. I do agree that the Murphy beds with the janky fold down table appear to be thicker, but those are the only ones.

The Murphy beds with the sofas incorporated at every resort are the exact same beds, from the same vendor, with the same platform, and the same support. They just change the cabinetry surrounding them and the artwork to match the appropriate theming. In other words, all Murphy bed/sofa combo mattresses are the exact same thickness.

The outliers are the beds that have the fold-down table attached to them.

Last edited:
So this is what has become of this thread......
No kidding. Everyone complains (rightfully so) about the terrible sofa beds. Disney starts installing new Murphy beds, with full support, full-sized memory foam mattresses (length and width), and no crossbars digging into your back, and now we're going to complain that the beds still aren't comfortable for someone, or that we think the mattress might be thinner than a picture of one we saw at a value resort (a staged photo at that).

The typical value structure with a table does seem to jut out more than a DVC room since it holds a thicker mattress. Once you get to the All Star Music family suites where rooms have a table and couch murphy bed the mattress gets thinner on both structures. IDK if it's a limitation from the couch, space, or ultimately cost.

Pop
Screenshot 2023-08-31 at 12.44.22 PM.png

PVB
Screenshot 2023-08-31 at 12.44.58 PM.png

ASM Family Suite
Screenshot 2023-08-31 at 12.51.04 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-08-31 at 12.51.12 PM.png

The typical value structure with a table does seem to jut out more than a DVC room since it holds a thicker mattress. Once you get to the All Star Music family suites where rooms have a table and couch murphy bed the mattress gets thinner on both structures. IDK if it's a limitation from the couch, space, or ultimately cost.
It looks like the Murphy bed with the fold-down table is the outlier, regardless of resort, and that all the others that are incorporated into a sofa are all also the same, regardless of resort.

No kidding. Everyone complains (rightfully so) about the terrible sofa beds. Disney starts installing new Murphy beds, with full support, full-sized memory foam mattresses (length and width), and no crossbars digging into your back, and now we're going to complain that the beds still aren't comfortable for someone, or that we think the mattress might be thinner than a picture of one we saw at a value resort (a staged photo at that).
I slept great on the sofa bed but I could sleep on about any surface when I am tired enough

So VGF is being raised to $230/point; probably where Poly2 will be at, or do we think it will be even higher ($245)?

So VGF is being raised to $230/point; probably where Poly2 will be at, or do we think it will be even higher ($245)?
I think you're in the ball park...But I also think the sales on other Direct purchases leading up to it will factor in.
I always wonder why Direct sales deciders don't agree on their price on & then come to their senses & lower it by just a wee bit before opening day sales. Seems to me they'd make up the difference in volume of sales.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter