• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Poly2 Pricing Thread

Will Poly2 Be a Part of the Original Polynesian Condo Association?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So Riviera went on sale about 10 months before it opened? VDH is the first opening I have been following and I have been disappointed at how late it is relative to when it is open (at least for cash bookings). Is it unusual that it hasn't gone on sale yet with the opening being late September? I was also hoping for sales info by end of this year for Poly2 but I wasn't sure if VDH delays are a CA thing or how sales timings generally are.

The new Poly area resort has piqued my interest. I am going to have to start following the project.

I am going to give serious thought to making a direct purchase. Especially if it is a different association from the Polynesian. I never had the Polynesian on my list because it was all studios or the bungalows.

I like the location and now that I own resale and can purchase smaller number of points, I am really going to give it strong consideration.

So Riviera went on sale about 10 months before it opened? VDH is the first opening I have been following and I have been disappointed at how late it is relative to when it is open (at least for cash bookings). Is it unusual that it hasn't gone on sale yet with the opening being late September? I was also hoping for sales info by end of this year for Poly2 but I wasn't sure if VDH delays are a CA thing or how sales timings generally are.

It is late in relation to other projects, but IIRC, VGC had a shorter lead for sales due to CA rules.

@Sandisw pointed VDH it is late in relation to other projects.

There was one resort (ironically the original PVB) where sales went through many issues. In that case, DVD/DVC had approval to sell in Florida and some states. However, they didn't have approval for many other states. People literally booked flights to Florida to buy. Guides could not even talk about the resort to anyone on the phone from those states.

For PVB, California was one of the last states where they were legally approved (2-3 months after sales in Florida started). I think it was actually the last state, but if not it was very close. Guides at DL could not show or discuss the project with any guests there.

My personal guess is DVD/DVC hasn't started VDH sales yet because they don't have approval to sell in CA yet.

We have a trip at the end of August how far along should I expect, the construction will be?

Is there a point where they allow walk throughs prior to the resort being opened?

We have a trip at the end of August how far along should I expect, the construction will be?

Is there a point where they allow walk throughs prior to the resort being opened?
They didn't allow walkthroughs at RIV - they did bus owners over there from the 2019 Condo Association meeting just before it opened, but I don't think anyone else was allowed in until opening day. And I don't recall any pre-opening visits to previous resorts, but of course since we were never in the market to buy I might not have paid attention.

Just prior to Covid, SSR was where they did most or all of their sales - they had an entire building right next to the Carriage House. There were usually models of the villas at the resorts in active sales there. I can't remember whether the model rooms for new resorts opened there before the resort itself opened and if so, how far in advance. I just remember wanting to visit each time a new resort opened, so we could see the model!

They didn't allow walkthroughs at RIV - they did bus owners over there from the 2019 Condo Association meeting just before it opened, but I don't think anyone else was allowed in until opening day. And I don't recall any pre-opening visits to previous resorts, but of course since we were never in the market to buy I might not have paid attention.

Just prior to Covid, SSR was where they did most or all of their sales - they had an entire building right next to the Carriage House. There were usually models of the villas at the resorts in active sales there. I can't remember whether the model rooms for new resorts opened there before the resort itself opened and if so, how far in advance. I just remember wanting to visit each time a new resort opened, so we could see the model!
In April 2019 they did have a model at SSR of the new Riviera rooms. I think of the studio and one bedroom.

@Sandisw pointed VDH it is late in relation to other projects.

There was one resort (ironically the original PVB) where sales went through many issues. In that case, DVD/DVC had approval to sell in Florida and some states. However, they didn't have approval for many other states. People literally booked flights to Florida to buy. Guides could not even talk about the resort to anyone on the phone from those states.

For PVB, California was one of the last states where they were legally approved (2-3 months after sales in Florida started). I think it was actually the last state, but if not it was very close. Guides at DL could not show or discuss the project with any guests there.

My personal guess is DVD/DVC hasn't started VDH sales yet because they don't have approval to sell in CA yet.

Would Disney need to go through all of that again if Poly2 were a classified as a separate association?

Would Disney need to go through all of that again if Poly2 were a classified as a separate association?

I believe that anytime a new resort, or even a new phase like VGF opens for sales, they have to get approval for every state.

Last year, before VGF started sales again, my guide told me the day before sales were to start that they were still waiting on something from NY in order for him to even contact me the next day...but expected it to go through by end of business day. So, from that, it sounded like things have to be renewed every time.

I believe that anytime a new resort, or even a new phase like VGF opens for sales, they have to get approval for every state.

Last year, before VGF started sales again, my guide told me the day before sales were to start that they were still waiting on something from NY in order for him to even contact me the next day...but expected it to go through by end of business day. So, from that, it sounded like things have to be renewed every time.
Ok, thank you for the information. I thought that if Disney had to spend extra time and money to make Poly2 a separate association, they would just include it with Poly.

Ok, thank you for the information. I thought that if Disney had to spend extra time and money to make Poly2 a separate association, they would just include it with Poly.

I think if the goal is to continue the restrictions, which seems like the do given VDH, then I don’t think money would stop them.

My guess was Disney thinks the new hotel will be a popular stay, and if they can rent the rooms for a few months at the beginning, well there's a few extra dollars that Disney gets. My guess is points will go for sale in January 2024 for VDH .

you're totally right! how about they get RIV and VDH and we get Poly and VGF?😉
I actually want Poly tower to be new and don’t care if it has them….I just wish they would decide soon…but, just like these were disclosed in the POS without anyone being informed, I think we all need to keep track of it because we may end up finding out this way for Poly tower too!

But, many here have said that restrictions for VDH won’t impact sales…the double edge sword to that is that just gives DVD the support it needs…if it wants one…to keep Them going with the tower

My guess was Disney thinks the new hotel will be a popular stay, and if they can rent the rooms for a few months at the beginning, well there's a few extra dollars that Disney gets. My guess is points will go for sale in January 2024 for VDH .
Nope, looks like it's going to be May for VDH.

I have turned my attention back to Poly2 since we have decided to move on from the idea of VDH points :sad2:

Looks like floor plans for rooms were released for VDH back in July 2020. With an expected opening date of late 2024 should we be seeing more details about the building floor plans for Poly soon? I am not sure when that info came out for Riviera?

We are a family of five so I am hoping to get some more info on room capacities and numbers of each room type. My hope is that all rooms aside from the expected duo rooms will sleep a minimum of five but VDH studios only sleeping four when it was a new build has me concerned. While we would prefer to stay in one beds I like having the option of an 11 month window with five person studios just in case we need to be stingy with our points for a particular visit.

I am really pushing for Poly2 because I love the Poly property and vibe; however, if the room balance/capacities do not seem family of five friendly we may just opt to go with VGF, which is my husband's preference.

Also, does it seem that Poly2 is going up faster than expected?

I have turned my attention back to Poly2 since we have decided to move on from the idea of VDH points :sad2:

We feel the same way.

Feeling Poly 2 will be a different association AND Disney’s goal is to advertise the straight on unobstructed views, new build, Poly pool/restaurants, etc. I am fine paying more and having the restrictions, but only if it has top of the line amenities.

Fooled me with VDH, so less optimistic about Poly 2.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter