The Plaza or Tony's?

SwanVT2

DIS Veteran
Early dinner for last night at Disney, and leaving MK. We currently have Tony's reserved but should we switch to the Plaza?

We have ate at both and I'd rather eat at the Plaza. Tony's is hit or miss on the food with a miss being the more common experience.

I haven't eaten at Plaza but have done Tonys. I don't mind it hit or miss but it can be crowded

You will get very mixed reviews of Tony's. Probably more to the negative side. The Plaza get pretty good reviews in general. Personally, I would go with the Plaza for the fact that it has a cute theme, good service and simple food.

Like the both but the menus are very different. I would choose by the food my family wants to eat.

There are only two things in all of WDW that my DH swears he will NEVER do again--Great Movie Ride and Tony's. It was "two strikes you're out" for him; he's not giving them #3. We like The Plaza.

We enjoyed Tony's, though not in a hurry to return. Food was good but not great, and we had to wait a very long time for a table even with an ADR. We absolutely love the Plaza for lunch or a light dinner. Yummy burgers and sandwiches, huge portions, delicious desserts and charming atmosphere. It has become a tradition for us to eat lunch there on our last day!

I like the Plaza better than Tony's. Love the Plaza's potato salad.

We prefer Tony's. Been there many times always good service, decent food and a good time. Dined on the patio outside while watching the parade!

That said there are better choices by going just outside MK. Ohana's, Kona Cafe are both excellent. Wave is also good. Quick monorail or boat ride from MK.

Better choices at the Poly on a quick monorail ride. But if staying in MK, Plaza hands down.

I've done Tony's three times in all the years we've been going to WDW. The last time in January. I've been disappointed every time. I hadn't planned on going again after the first two strikes, but my son made the reservation for the three of us.

We had both last year and really enjoyed the Plaza. We mostly went to Tony's because DD loves "Tramp and Lady." It wasn't as bad as you sometimes hear - a little plain, a little slow, but no big deal. However, we really liked the Plaza. It's quiet; the service is good; the food is reasonably priced with large portions; and the burgers were very good!

Neither. There are way too many better options (IMO) by taking a quick ride on the monorail to the Poly, GF or Contemporary. In fact the Contemporary is a short walk as well. Another option is the boat ride over to the WL or FW and those restaurants. I'm not a big fan of either the Plaza and especially not Tony's.

We've had both and we won't do Tony's again. It was bland and the service was not very good. We love the plaza (minus the kid's grilled cheese). We make sure to eat an early dinner here each trip.

Around here, you will generally get negativity about Tony's and mostly positives about the Plaza.

IMO, Tony's is fine as long as you are expecting something between "chicken parm at the local diner for $7.99 and Olive Garden" and not Italian fine dining.

The Plaza is decent, but your basically just eating sandwiches hard to screw up. Just go with whatever sounds better to what you prefer to eat.

Is Tony's a better choice if you have an ADR at 8:15 and the parade begins at 9:00?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter