THe Pirates of the Caribbean Movie

writersblock42

DIS Veteran
Not sure if this fits here, but I heard that they changed the Pirates ride at Disney to make it more like the movie. The movie is coming to my small town one screen theater soon and I would like to take my 7 year old son. Problem is that it is rated PG13. Would you take a 7 year old to see that movie. He is a mature kid but I am still leery. Be honest.

I don't normally allow DS6 to watch anything rated PG13. He did love the first movie though and was obsessed with seeing the second. I took him and he LOVED it. It was kinda gross and scary, but you know your child best. I thought DS woudl be fine and he was. He's not the type to get scared easily or have bad dreams, so he was fine. There are some gory parts though. My guess is he'll handle it better than you, at least that was true for me. But it really wasn't bad. I'd say take him.

My oldest son is 7, and no, he didn't get to see it. I knew it would frighten him. You know your child best...I would have considered it if he was REALLY into it and had nerves of steel. I saw it (and loved it), but knew while I was watching it that it was way to scary for DS.

BTW, did he see the first one? If he was scared at that one, that's a good indicator...the second one is far scarier, IMO, and the plot is more complicated. I think my DS would have had to have some plot points explained.

It's a great movie. As they say, a little gross and a bit dark and scary compaired to the first one also a little FRUSTRATING! anyway, yes they did change the ride a bit by adding Captain Jack Sparrow to a few scenes and Captain Barbossa too. They have also knocked the volume up and cleaned up some of the older animatronics. It's very cool! Although NOT as good as DisneyLands to we Californians! HAVE FUN! YO HO! pirate: Helen

It's a great movie. As they say, a little gross and a bit dark and scary compaired to the first one also a little FRUSTRATING! anyway, yes they did change the ride a bit by adding Captain Jack Sparrow to a few scenes and Captain Barbossa too. They have also knocked the volume up and cleaned up some of the older animatronics. It's very cool! Although NOT as good as DisneyLands to we Californians! HAVE FUN! YO HO! Helen

Yes it is very confusing!!!

Bye! :wave2:

I would say it depends on the kids. We took all of ours to see it yesterday and they all loved it. I have strange kids though! lol

disneyxxpanda said:
Yes it is very confusing!!!

Glad to hear I am not the only one to find the new movie hard to follow! Of course my 9 year old son was able to answer all my questions on the way home from the theatre!:rotfl2:
I would have no problem taking a 7 year old to see the FIRST POTC. yet the second one? Hmmm...it is definitely much more on "the dark side." Quite scary and violent, especially compared to the first one. Is there a way you can see it yourself and then decide whether or not your son should see it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter