The PERFECT week

!@#$%

Make the best of everything and stop your whining!
I dont think I have ever seen it more dead than last week. We actually rode Big Thunder Mountain in MK in the FRONT seat, twice in a row WITHOUT getting off at LUNCH TIME! Think about that for a second!

We always pick the value seasons, and have never had a better trip than last week. We arent planning to go back for a few years (7 times in 2 years) but when we do, we'll keep this particular week in mind. The weather was PERFECT! The crowds PERFECT! The timing PERFECT! If only Ice station cool had been open.

is ice station being renovated or is it GONE........I will be disappointed if it is gone.....only thing I never liked was getting my sneakers stuck to the floor.....thanks again

The cast member said that rumor has it that it would reopen as a newer version of the same thing. I asked if the drinks would still be free, and she said she believes so, but isnt sure. I asked if they would still be foreign and she said "I sure hope so! I love the Beverly! Hey! Finally someone else who loves the Beverly! She said there wasnt much official word out there, and they are keeping everyone (including them) in the dark about the details.

Id put bids in for the mummy holding the Coke! He'd look good in my kitchen when its finished. Plan to theme it like a haunted mansion style ballroom with the tallbacked chairs, cobwebbed antiques, and ripped curtains and such. Every room in my home is going extreme theme. The den is already finished and resembles a rainforest. The kitchen will be sweet, but we havent started on it yet as we have to figure out how to raise the ceiling up without stopping the airflow in the attic. Never seen a low ceiling'd ballroom! LOL

My husband and I were there last week as well. I did notice the lack of people at the parks. I told him we have the parks all to ourselves LOL. Until later that weekend when people started pouring in for labor day.

!@#$% said:
Id put bids in for the mummy holding the Coke! He'd look good in my kitchen when its finished. Plan to theme it like a haunted mansion style ballroom with the tallbacked chairs, cobwebbed antiques, and ripped curtains and such. Every room in my home is going extreme theme. The den is already finished and resembles a rainforest. The kitchen will be sweet, but we havent started on it yet as we have to figure out how to raise the ceiling up without stopping the airflow in the attic. Never seen a low ceiling'd ballroom! LOL

Have you considered an optical illusion painted ceiling? Sounds like a fun house to be in.

Optical illusion ceiling... no, never considered that. Its a standard 8' tall ceiling, and the old ballrooms were way up there. Figured we'd raise it up to the roof which would be a 33 degree slant or so, but only to one side. Not a good way to do it yet. Thats a thought. It would certainly be easier!

We were considering moving before we began all this, but the house is almost paid for, and the location is perfect, so we decided to just add on. Originally we were 1000 square feet, now were up to 1400. May be adding another bit onto the end before its over.

We were there Sep 6-10th, it was great! No crowds, it was almost disapointing when we kept getting fastpasses at Epcot and there was no lines to pass by! Soarin was a walk on twice. We got to MK at 9am on Fri (a morning EMH day starting at 8) and when we walked down the main path at Frontier land we were the only ones there! Did splash mt. 3 times in a row on Sat. morning. It did start to get busy at Epcot on Saturday afternoon, but that's to be expected!
We lucked out this year, our schools started a week late because of construction, it may never happen again, but if it does, I'll be in Disney World!

That was the same week I was there. 4th - 10th

I was there 8/29 - 9/5. Same thing - no crowds except a little bit on 9/4. Spent 9/3 at Daytona Beach so don't know about that day. The beginning of the week was walk on everything. We had a late flight out 9/5. When we went back to CBR to swim before leaving for the airport (around 4 pm) the place looked like a ghost town. It was very strange, but in a good way. :rotfl:

I took pictures of Epcot in the morning around say 10 or 11. I knew noone would ever believe me otherwise. I have one picture in front of Japan looking toward Germany (if I remember correctly), and the picture encompassed the whole street on both sides. There is one couple that can be seen, and they vanished right after I snapped the picture. It was VERY nice!

Sounds like a great time to be there. Our school always start a few days before labor day. Come to think about it, they are supposed to be building next year...might just have to keep my options open! ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter