The Pay It Forward PTR - Concierge on Disney Fantasy Eastern January 26, 2013

We are going on a cruise THIS WEEK!!! :cool1::banana::goodvibespixiedust:::yes::

This weekend was very productive! Spent Saturday night (yeah, I know...I know how to have a good time ;) ) going through Jayden's packing list and my packing list. Everything was either put into a suitcase, marked to be bought and packed on Monday, or packed on Thursday/Friday depending on when it will last be used. :laundy: Today, while driving to see family, Jeremy and I worked on his list since I will be doing his packing. I already added many of his items to the suitcases and those that aren't will be tomorrow.

One last shopping trip (I hope) tomorrow and then the goal is to get our checked luggage completely packed, tagged, and weighed (and likely rearranged). I was recently reminded that last time I attempted to weigh our luggage, I ripped my big toe nail off. This was the day before we left on our last cruise. I am already strategizing to ensure this does not happen again. The shopping trip tomorrow is pretty light, and is more heavily weighted on making sure our house/dog sitter and dogs have food while we are gone. Also, last time we traveled, our heater decided to stop working while we were gone. Our "heater guy" is coming tomorrow to make sure we are good to go. And he knows that if we are gone and he gets a call from the house/dog sitter that we will cover it. :thumbsup2

My memory is not as good as it was, oh a couple years ago, so this time, I created an itinerary for us. It is just a couple pages and includes all of our reservation numbers/numbers to call if there are issues. That way, I am not digging through emails wondering if our pickup is at 9 or 9:30. Its all in one place, and I hope it helps me stay sane and worry less.

The plans for this week...tomorrow is shopping/packing, Tuesday-Wednesday is traveling to DC for work, and Thursday is working from home/laundry/cleaning/final packing. Thursday night we have swimming lessons and then, after Jayden goes to bed, we plan on getting the surprise ready and hopefully get some sleep. After organizing Saturday night, I feel much more comfortable that I have not forgotten something.

Things to worry about this week...I need to call and make sure all reservations are confirmed, I need to pray that I do not get stranded in DC due to travel/weather issues, and I need to pray that none of us get sick. ::yes::

Only 5 more sleeps before we fly down! YAAAHHHOOOO!

One last shopping trip (I hope) tomorrow and then the goal is to get our checked luggage completely packed, tagged, and weighed (and likely rearranged). I was recently reminded that last time I attempted to weigh our luggage, I ripped my big toe nail off. This was the day before we left on our last cruise. I am already strategizing to ensure this does not happen again. The shopping trip tomorrow is pretty light, and is more heavily weighted on making sure our house/dog sitter and dogs have food while we are gone. Also, last time we traveled, our heater decided to stop working while we were gone. Our "heater guy" is coming tomorrow to make sure we are good to go. And he knows that if we are gone and he gets a call from the house/dog sitter that we will cover it. :thumbsup2

My memory is not as good as it was, oh a couple years ago, so this time, I created an itinerary for us. It is just a couple pages and includes all of our reservation numbers/numbers to call if there are issues. That way, I am not digging through emails wondering if our pickup is at 9 or 9:30. Its all in one place, and I hope it helps me stay sane and worry less.

The plans for this week...tomorrow is shopping/packing, Tuesday-Wednesday is traveling to DC for work, and Thursday is working from home/laundry/cleaning/final packing. Thursday night we have swimming lessons and then, after Jayden goes to bed, we plan on getting the surprise ready and hopefully get some sleep. After organizing Saturday night, I feel much more comfortable that I have not forgotten something.

Things to worry about this week...I need to call and make sure all reservations are confirmed, I need to pray that I do not get stranded in DC due to travel/weather issues, and I need to pray that none of us get sick. ::yes::

Only 5 more sleeps before we fly down! YAAAHHHOOOO!

4 sleeps as of tonight. :) Your week sounds crazy - oh my! My husband appears to have learned from the "what do you mean, I didn't pack any swim shirts" debacle of last year, so he's actually checked his bag a few times. Progress!

Conor's stuff is mostly ready, except for the things we can't pack until the night before ... fortunately, not much, since it's FREEZING here, so no need for any warm weather gear right now. He's not trying to "help" as much this time, which is, in fact, helpful! He did pick out 7 books to bring with us and I've been instructed to pack those.

I hear you on the memory thing - lists are essential! OK, back to packing my stuff (always the last). See you on Saturday! :cool1:

Reading this thread has cracked me up. :rotfl2: I'm glad I'm not the only one who obsessively makes lists and packs in baskets for family trips, but wings it for work trips.

I hope you have a FANTASTIC trip!

Just sat here and read this whole thread. LOVE IT!! I am such and organizer as well and it is hilarious to read your report!! We will be taking the same cruise on March 9th. Can not wait to hear the response from your daughter when she finds everything out. Looking forward to hearing about the cruise when you return as well. My head is starting to spin with things I need to do. First up is to finish my DD7 count down calendar. She does know about the cruise, but doesn't know I am creating a countdown. Next is to make our FE. We do have our FE gifts, but nothing put together or organized yet. Gotta run for my DS12's basketball game. Oh, btw... I am not far from you...in Southern IL. :)

4 sleeps as of tonight. :) Your week sounds crazy - oh my! My husband appears to have learned from the "what do you mean, I didn't pack any swim shirts" debacle of last year, so he's actually checked his bag a few times. Progress!

Conor's stuff is mostly ready, except for the things we can't pack until the night before ... fortunately, not much, since it's FREEZING here, so no need for any warm weather gear right now. He's not trying to "help" as much this time, which is, in fact, helpful! He did pick out 7 books to bring with us and I've been instructed to pack those.

I hear you on the memory thing - lists are essential! OK, back to packing my stuff (always the last). See you on Saturday! :cool1:

YAY! Only 3 more sleeps now! And this one (for me) will be in a hotel with a guarantee that I won't be visited by a child or dog...at least I hope not. Hopefully, that means a good night of sleep! I almost forgot Jeremy's underwear. We created this fantastic list, or so I thought, and it didn't include those. That would teach him to ask me to pack for him :rotfl:

Reading this thread has cracked me up. :rotfl2: I'm glad I'm not the only one who obsessively makes lists and packs in baskets for family trips, but wings it for work trips.

I hope you have a FANTASTIC trip!

Thanks for reading along! I'm glad that I am in good company ;)

Just sat here and read this whole thread. LOVE IT!! I am such and organizer as well and it is hilarious to read your report!! We will be taking the same cruise on March 9th. Can not wait to hear the response from your daughter when she finds everything out. Looking forward to hearing about the cruise when you return as well. My head is starting to spend with things I need to do. First up is to finish my DD7 count down calendar. She does know about the cruise, but doesn't know I am creating a countdown. Next is to make our FE. We do have our FE gifts, but nothing put together or organized yet. Gotta run for my DS12's basketball game. Oh, btw... I am not far from you...in Southern IL. :)

Thanks for reading! I do plan to do a post-trip report, and hopefully it will be done before you go! That will be a good goal for me! I hope that her reaction is "you tube" worthy...but, we will have to see! We probably are very close to one another, because my "near STL" really means the south-western side of Illinois :)

YAY! Only 3 more sleeps now! And this one (for me) will be in a hotel with a guarantee that I won't be visited by a child or dog...at least I hope not. Hopefully, that means a good night of sleep! I almost forgot Jeremy's underwear. We created this fantastic list, or so I thought, and it didn't include those. That would teach him to ask me to pack for him :rotfl:

I think my Jeremy wants me to ask me to pack for him but he just... hasn't been able to do it. Of course, I don't know where he keeps key things, like a swim suit, so there's not a lot of point in asking me to do it!

I am SO excited right now! I am finishing up last minute work things, but am pretty much "done enough" to call it good. I have everything packed that can be -- the rest will need to be packed tomorrow after we get dressed. The house is clean(ish) and stocked with food, so the house/dog sitter should be happy. Let's see, important stuff...the toenails are painted, laundry is done, can you tell I'm running out of things to keep me busy??? Oh well, Jayden will be ready for swimming in a couple hours and that will make the rest of the evening fly by.

At this point, all I have left to do is wait and be excited! And I am doing one of those really well :rotfl2: the other...not so much! I am going to officially switch this down to an hourly countdown. :thumbsup2 We will be leaving for breakfast/the airport in 18 hours!!!! AHHHHHHH!

Some of my fellow cruisers are already in Florida and are reporting that the weather is good. A quick check of the weather at each of our ports shows great weather, too! :beach:

Hopefully our surprise reveal goes well in the morning - we plan to capture it on video, so if it is youtube-worthy, I will definitely post.

See you all in the post-trip report!

Oh gosh...SO EXCITED for you! BonVoyage!! Have an AWESOME vacation!!! Can't wait to hear how it all went!:goodvibes

I am SO excited right now! I am finishing up last minute work things, but am pretty much "done enough" to call it good. I have everything packed that can be -- the rest will need to be packed tomorrow after we get dressed. The house is clean(ish) and stocked with food, so the house/dog sitter should be happy. Let's see, important stuff...the toenails are painted, laundry is done, can you tell I'm running out of things to keep me busy??? Oh well, Jayden will be ready for swimming in a couple hours and that will make the rest of the evening fly by.

At this point, all I have left to do is wait and be excited! And I am doing one of those really well :rotfl2: the other...not so much! I am going to officially switch this down to an hourly countdown. :thumbsup2 We will be leaving for breakfast/the airport in 18 hours!!!! AHHHHHHH!

Some of my fellow cruisers are already in Florida and are reporting that the weather is good. A quick check of the weather at each of our ports shows great weather, too! :beach:

Hopefully our surprise reveal goes well in the morning - we plan to capture it on video, so if it is youtube-worthy, I will definitely post.

See you all in the post-trip report!

Nice! I had hoped for a not-late night home from work, but that fell through again. However, I am well and truly done, and will not check work email between now and Feb 4th when I sit at my desk again. :hyper: So, no worries about waiting here - no time to wait!

Final packing touches are on the agenda for tonight, then we hit the road tomorrow morning. Unfortunately, it's a LONG day - probably 10 hours straight of traveling including a 3 hour drive to the airport, waiting around in the airport doing airport things (checking in, clearing customs, etc.) This is why we're staying at MCO Hyatt, since, the last airport bit is what kills us everytime.

However, I am now done work, so I'll stop whining. I hope the reveal goes well tomorrow, and see you on Saturday!

Hi. Quick question. Why did you choose that room? Did you miss being able to have a railing to look over? Thank you.

We are category V, room 12018, next January so really looking forward to your TR! Thanks for the PTR!

Bon voyage! Enjoy!

Thank you! It was an amazing trip!

Hi. Quick question. Why did you choose that room? Did you miss being able to have a railing to look over? Thank you.

I chose this room because of the large balcony and being at the front of the ship. I didn't really miss looking over the edge, because the view is simply amazing. I can't imagine a better one when coming into port.

We are category V, room 12018, next January so really looking forward to your TR! Thanks for the PTR!

Thanks! Loading pictures now, so hoping to get started on the trip report soon!

Welcome back! :goodvibes

Or should I say ...welcome back. :sad2::sad2::sad2:

Can't wait to hear all about your trip!

Thanks for sharing all your pre-trip info. It's been very helpful! Now, I can't wait to start reading your review.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter