• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The original POP Fridge Swap! Planning moved to another thread - link inside!

have used this refrigerator last December, would love to use it October 20-27 if possible...please let me know.

I have PMed

May 24-27: mitushib
and
June 1-8: Tjaleks

to see if I can fit in between them.

Hiya, I have PM'd you both in response to the fridge. I am fine with this scenario.

I guess were we stand now is.

May 24-28: mitushib
May 28-June 1: kandmsmom
June 1-8: Tjaleks I pm all set for the swap
June 8-14: CrAnK33

June 11-16: tjjkaser dropped out
June 16-23: tulsanurse1 pm dropped out

June 23 - July 1: Wendaeh I pm a few days ago have not heard back yet I will try again in a few days if not I will move on to next person on the list which I guess is July 7-14: gooftroop4.

Hi-
I borrowed the fridge last week in between bgula and mitushib. bgula told me that there wasn't anything really labeled for him to take. They looked carefully and gave him the one fridge with no ID on it. He thought it was "ours" but I noticed there was no tray and no freezer compartment. No box, either, but those things could have all fallen by the wayside throughout the year. I couldn't exactly call anyone to ask for proper ID of the thing.

For lack of anything better to do,and since this fridge had no owner, I labeled it the MyGoofy26 fridge swap and put Mickey stickers on it (darn that I didn't bring any lime Mickeyheads...). So, maybe I messed up:confused3 or maybe not. It was being unused regardless, and that is a shame to waste a perfectly good fridge,eh???

If anyone has any knowledge they can share, I would be happy to hear. I will correct any wrongs and make rights. I would also be happy to help this fridge swap by taking over and organizing any requests.

Hi-
I borrowed the fridge last week in between bgula and mitushib. bgula told me that there wasn't anything really labeled for him to take. They looked carefully and gave him the one fridge with no ID on it. He thought it was "ours" but I noticed there was no tray and no freezer compartment. No box, either, but those things could have all fallen by the wayside throughout the year. I couldn't exactly call anyone to ask for proper ID of the thing.

For lack of anything better to do,and since this fridge had no owner, I labeled it the MyGoofy26 fridge swap and put Mickey stickers on it (darn that I didn't bring any lime Mickeyheads...). So, maybe I messed up:confused3 or maybe not. It was being unused regardless, and that is a shame to waste a perfectly good fridge,eh???

If anyone has any knowledge they can share, I would be happy to hear. I will correct any wrongs and make rights. I would also be happy to help this fridge swap by taking over and organizing any requests.

Reagan, glad to see you back! Hope you had a good time!

I hadn't posted anything on the board as I wanted to deal with this first thru PMs, but after more than a week I still have heard nothing from Cheshire65, who is the person that had the fridge before me. I was hoping to find out if he/she had labeled the fridge for me so that we could determine if the current fridge we're using is actually "ours", or whether we have inherited another swap's. So, if Cheshire65 is reading this, please post to let us know if you indeed did label the fridge for me or not and whether there is still a box, or not. If the current one is not the correct fridge, then maybe the next swapper can ask bell services if any other black fridges have been turned in since, possibly with my name on it!

I have PM everyone after me only have heard back from Minnie & Me. So if I don't hear from anyone else before June 6th I will set it up for Minnie & Me.

June 23 - July 1: Wendaeh
July 1 - 6: OPEN
July 7-14: gooftroop4
July 13 - 29: MelanieC
July 29-August 4: OPEN
August 4-13: Minnie & Me

Wow! Where is everyone from July? If you are not participating anymore, it would be nice if you could post letting us know you are dropping out.

My dates are now Aug. 6 - 13 dropping off to Pooksma.

Sent a PM....

edited to add.....we were interested in September 29 - October 11 but we have decided that we really don't need a fridge during our stay.....

Pooksma,
I answered your PM. We are still participating (if there is a fridge to swap)
Merrilyn

I am going to back out. With all of these problems, I just don't want to waste my vacation looking for a fridge. Sorry I'm doing this a month before, but with all that has gone on the past few months, it just doesn't seem worth the stress of worrying about.

My dates were 7/13/07-7/29/07. Someone is free to jump in my spot.
Also - gooftroop4 only has a few posts. I tried to PM her a while back and didn't get an answer. I have a feeling this person is not using the DIS. I could be wrong though.

I hope somone who can use it takes my spot! Good luck everyone!

June 1-8: Tjaleks
June 8- 14: CrAnK
June 14-16: Open
June 16 - 23: Open
June 23 - July 1: Wendaeh
July 1 - 6: Open
July 7-14: Open
July 13 - 29: Open
July 29-August 5: Open
August 6-13: Minnie & Me
August 13-21: pooksma
August 17-27: MOQu

Looks like what we have to this point correct me if I am wrong. I heard from Wendaeh they are in.

crank33,
Thanks for keeping a current list going! Could you please change my dates to Aug 6 - 13. Just in case someone might want it for the days before me.

Is there some way we could change our list on the first page master list without troubling Carrie? I have also noticed another list with all the fridge swaps. Could we PM the organiser and get our list updated there?

Wendaeh,
I'm so glad you are still in. I was getting a little worried what would happen if we left the fridge in storage for 2 months. I will PM you with my info as the time gets closer.

Minnie & Me

Sorry to leave everyone hanging. I got SO busy with the new job, then had a vacation of my own (Disneyland for Pirates Premiere!!) I haven't had the chance to check in here in a couple/few weeks. I'm glad to see you all took initiative and picked up all of my slack!

Reagan has offered to take over the organization, and I'll be happy to lend a hand and help out. It's such a relief - I've felt terrible leaving you all hanging, but I just don't have the time to play on the DIS like I used to since I'm trying so hard to focus on the new job since they already have ideas for advancement, I really want to make big impressions, so it's time to pass the torch.

I'm also following another fridge swap thread - something interesting. I've always picked up and dropped of a fridge with bell services. Others are saying do it thru the front desk. It's possible that our ACTUAL fridge may be with the front desk as I tried to find it with bell services. I still haven't heard anything from Cheshire65, but if he/she is monitoring this thread, could you let us know WHERE you dropped the fridge off?
This should actually be clarified for any further swaps - where should we be dropping off/picking up the fridge? Bell services or the front desk?

I received an email from cupmom saying they were upgraded to SSR so they were dropping out. (Must be nice :banana: )

Do we have a fridge being swapped now or has it been lost for good?

I hope we are still able to partake in Nov/Dec!

I would love to have the fridge at the POP when we are there 12/10-12/18. Please let me know what info you might need from me, thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter