The open October 2015 pre-trip report

The SUV is gassed up and it is packed to the gills! I'm so ready to hit the open road tomorrow :) My little guy and I are making several stops on the way down and should be pulling into the Fort early on Sunday. I can't believe this trip is finally here! Hope I get to meet some of the great dis'ers I've talked to or helped to inspire my trip. I will post my site upon our arrival.

Laurie

Be safe, I will miss you by a day, we leave out Saturday morning heading back north to VT. Have a great time.

Bags are packed, checked in for flight...yay!
I'll take more pics this time esp since I now know how to post them...thanks BamaEd!

lbmiller77,
Looks like I'll just miss you. I'll be pulling out EARLY Sunday morning. You guys have a safe trip.

Nabi,
When do you arrive?

The countdown is on. DH did on line check in last night. Requested 400 loop. Today we will finish up a few last minute chores before I go in to work a night shift. Tomorrow I will have a short nap before we leave for the airport for an evening flight to Orlando. Hoping to be tucked in in the RV by midnight.
Hear you are leaving early on Sunday morning Tiggerdad, I will try to swing by your site to shake your hand and wish a safe trip home.
Those of us left behind will try to keep the squirrels happy and well fed.

Hear you are leaving early on Sunday morning Tiggerdad, I will try to swing by your site

1) Keep in mind that tiggerdad likes to depart about 3:30am.
2) To him, that is EARLY IN MORNING, to the rest of us, that is still LATE AT NIGHT.

:crazy:No problem. I will just be getting off a night shift so 3:30 am will just be early morning to me too.

Good afternoon everyone. We received our Magic Bands yesterday. Getting close. Doing Motorhome prep this weekend. Ready to Pull out on Nov 4th..
I am getting my cart from Tee Time when we get there. How far outside of Disney Property do I have to go to get it??

18 Days 23 Hours 38 Minutes and counting.

How far outside of Disney Property do I have to go to get it??

1) About 10-miuntes from WDW entrance, even if you miss each light.
2) it is about two miles off World Drive.
NOTE: They unhook and hitch the trailer to your truck/SUV/car. You drive into WDW with the trailer and unload. You return the trailer immediately.

Thanks!! I will contact Kenny next week and confirm the rental... We made it about 6 months ago. Maybe I will get the Turbo cart that breaks the speed limit.....

18 Days 22 Hours 56 Minutes and counting......:banana::banana::banana::banana:

Kidatheart2010,

Kelly will call you 24-48 hours prior to your arrival. She will also send you a text with the directions for pickup and a contact number should you have any problems. They also have their own truck and trailer and will give you the option to just use their truck to pull the cart to the Fort and back. It's your choice which way you wanna do it.

The turbo cart is great, but the brakes aren't. At least that is what my wife told me. I never used them myself...

Well Everyone I officially retired Sept 30th. Now we have 20 Days and counting until our celebration trip to Disney. Can hardly wait to get my new 5'ver to the Fort. We're bringing a lot of decorations and candy. Hoping for the 700 loop. I was able to score an extra day. Now checking in on the 29th and staying until Nov 8th.

Congratulations on your retirement. Enjoy. And cool that you could add another day, looking forward to the TR.

7 days until we arrive at the fort! Mailed a box down today that should arrive there friday. Have tons of halloween candy and our costumes packed for the mnsshp on the 29th. have our annual hoop dee doo revue the first night we arrive (kind of a tradition!) spent dd's first birthday at the fort (now she is 26) can't think of a better place to be!​

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter